Author Topic: Airport mistakes an Xbox 360 for a bomb.  (Read 112 times)

J Bananas

Airport mistakes an Xbox 360 for a bomb.
« on: December 31, 2005, 12:49:30 AM »
A gamer who just wanted to protect his $400.00+ investment from the nightmare that is baggage checking at the airport, had no idea his poor Xbox 360 would prompt the evacuation of an entire wing of the MacArthur airport.

A traveling gamer toting his Xbox 360 prompted a terrorist alert at MacArthur Airport on Long Island.

The individual was flying to Chicago, and was worried that if he checked his console he may never see it again. So he decided to carry the console onboard in a metal carrying case.

At 12:15pm the container passed through the X-ray machine and screeners unsure of what they saw, feared it may be a bomb.

"The package looked to be suspicious with wires running through it," said airport spokeswoman Michele Remsen.

The entire west wing was evacuated and the bomb squad was enroute. Once there they examined the case and determined it to be harmless.

Airport worker Kimberley Edwards, 17, who'd been on the job for just three days, said the incident was "frightening."

"Of course I thought it was a terrorist threat,"she said.

ghettoplaya623

• Lil Geezy
Re: Airport mistakes an Xbox 360 for a bomb.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 02:44:58 PM »
haha i bet that worker felt stupid

spencer10

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 05:50:29 PM »
ha.. what a tool

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 06:48:42 PM »
yo how are 360's selling? i know im waiting for a ps3.......fuck 360's but i they got a nice design to them and the graphics of some of the games looked real clean, just not shit im into.......seems to everywhere though

ps3 should drop a new gta with the new ps3 when it drops and i guarentee they taken over the black market,lol

peace

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 04:39:30 AM »
yo how are 360's selling? i know im waiting for a ps3.......fuck 360's but i they got a nice design to them and the graphics of some of the games looked real clean, just not shit im into.......seems to everywhere though

ps3 should drop a new gta with the new ps3 when it drops and i guarentee they taken over the black market,lol

peace

in the uk its real hard to get hold of one, they didnt make that many and they alll sold out on the first day.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson