Author Topic: Inside Man by Spike Lee  (Read 473 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Inside Man by Spike Lee
« on: December 31, 2005, 11:59:44 AM »

Sikotic™

Re: Inside Man by Spike Lee
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 01:31:17 AM »
It has 3 really great actors in it, so I'm sure it'll be good. SInce we're on the topic of Spike Lee, I though 25th Hour was a great movie.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 04:13:08 PM »
Dope!! Was wondering when he was gonna be releasing a new film, and this looks like it could be good. "She Hate Me" (female nudeness aside) was pretty average, so hopefully he'll be back on form for this one.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 04:18:36 PM »
She Hate Me was pretty wack. It introduced me to Kerry Washington though, who I'd do in an instant.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 04:25:44 PM »
I was basically saying WTF throughout the entire movie of She Hate Me

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 08:04:09 AM »
Trailer looks good indeed. The storyline has been done so many times in other movies though: a detective who's willing to do anything he can in order to stop a bankrobber. It's kind of played out...

Nevertheless, Denzel always puts down some powerful acting performances, so yeah, I'll definitely see this!

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 09:10:49 AM »

i'm still waiting to see Sucka Free City..

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 09:16:12 AM »
i seen this trailer when i went to go watch munich... yeah its a played out scenerio but just the fact that Denzel is in this is the reason i would watch it..... i just watched man on fire last night that mutha is gangsta ruthless in that movie even tho i had seen it before its still intresting... but we will see about this movie nothing will ever be able to top his performance on Training Day tho ever! Training days is to Denzel  like Doggystyle is to Snoop

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 10:40:38 AM »
Well (using your inaccurate analagy), surely Malcolm X was "Denzel's Doggystyle"?

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 10:58:05 AM »
Well (using your inaccurate analagy), surely Malcolm X was "Denzel's Doggystyle"?
no Training Day was Denzel's Doggystyle IMO he was AMAZING in training day first time playing a bad guy made you hate him....and if i remember correctly he won a best actor award for that role right? and imagine winning that award with a movie about the subject that it is.... its kinda rare to see that shit.... you usually get those kinda awards in crazy dramas and stuff not no currupt action gang bangin shit...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 11:09:26 AM »
Denzel in Training Day was just amazing. 

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2006, 11:13:16 AM »
no Training Day was Denzel's Doggystyle IMO he was AMAZING in training day first time playing a bad guy made you hate him....and if i remember correctly he won a best actor award for that role right? and imagine winning that award with a movie about the subject that it is.... its kinda rare to see that shit.... you usually get those kinda awards in crazy dramas and stuff not no currupt action gang bangin shit...

I personally (and I think most people would agree) that he was better in Malcolm X. Dope performance in Training Day, but the only reason he got the Oscar was because they felt guilty for not giving him it for Malcolm X (because that year they were making up for not giving Pacino an Oscar for Scarface, and gave him one for Scent of a Woman. Plus, the analagy with Snoop doesn't really work because it would be to say that Denzel has fallen off after Training Day, which isn't the case, at least not in the same way that Snoop did after Doggystyle.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 12:49:47 PM »

I personally (and I think most people would agree) that he was better in Malcolm X. Dope performance in Training Day, but the only reason he got the Oscar was because they felt guilty for not giving him it for Malcolm X (because that year they were making up for not giving Pacino an Oscar for Scarface, and gave him one for Scent of a Woman. Plus, the analagy with Snoop doesn't really work because it would be to say that Denzel has fallen off after Training Day, which isn't the case, at least not in the same way that Snoop did after Doggystyle.
its all a matter of opinion but i dont think snoop has fallen off neither has Denzel both quality solid consistant artist/actors but like i said its all a matter of opinion now but i was just saying snoop aint gettin any better than doggystyle even if he never fell off... while IMO Denzel isnt getting any better than Training Day even if he never fell off....

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 04:08:07 PM »
I think it's way harder to create a character. Imitating a person can be simple if you work at it. When you create a villain like Denzel did, you gotta add depth to that character and make him stand out. It was an amazing performance.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 04:42:37 PM »

I personally (and I think most people would agree) that he was better in Malcolm X. Dope performance in Training Day, but the only reason he got the Oscar was because they felt guilty for not giving him it for Malcolm X (because that year they were making up for not giving Pacino an Oscar for Scarface, and gave him one for Scent of a Woman.

this is an accurate statement.

i want to see this movie but when we were watching the previews before king kong, and the title came on.  it was pretty whack.  I dont like the 'InsideMan' as the name of this movie