Author Topic: Inside Man by Spike Lee  (Read 472 times)

rik

Re: Inside Man by Spike Lee
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 08:03:10 PM »
Props Looks like a good movie.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 09:33:27 PM »
Yeah, I thought She Hate Me was  ???

I've seen the preview to this movie before, I didn't know this was a Spike Lee joint.

Denzel in Training Day was better than Denzel in Malcolm X, IMO.

Training Day forced Denzel to stretch his acting abilities by forcing him to play a villain that everyone could loathe and make it believable.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 11:09:40 AM »
^^ u talking bout Insideman. i doubt it cuz it only comes out on friday.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 11:15:49 AM »
naw im pretty sure it only hits theatres on friday. gonna see it for sure though. looks dope and the acting should be top notch.

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 01:01:33 PM »
People are saying it's up there with Dog Day Afternoon and Heat. I don't wanna buy the hype like I did with V For Vendetta though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 01:59:43 PM »
People are saying it's up there with Dog Day Afternoon and Heat. I don't wanna buy the hype like I did with V For Vendetta though.

As long as it's worth the admission  ;D

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 02:21:38 PM »
yea this movie does look sick,denzel is a dope actor  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 02:35:10 PM »
Well (using your inaccurate analagy), surely Malcolm X was "Denzel's Doggystyle"?
no Training Day was Denzel's Doggystyle IMO he was AMAZING in training day first time playing a bad guy made you hate him....and if i remember correctly he won a best actor award for that role right? and imagine winning that award with a movie about the subject that it is.... its kinda rare to see that shit.... you usually get those kinda awards in crazy dramas and stuff not no currupt action gang bangin shit...

Didn't Denzel win his best supporting actor playing a guy people hated (he did redeem himself but the performace was still more a villain than hero as far as acting went.

And to whoever said Scent of A woman was a guilt Oscar for Scarface; I disagree on both counts; 1. He was amazing in Scent and deserved it just as much as any body else, a 2. if it was a guilt Oscar it wasn't for Scarface, it was for his 3 straight nods in '73, '74, and '75 for Serpico, Godfather pt.2 , and Dog Day Afternoon respectively, and the 4th nod he got for ...And Justice for All. He wasn't even nominated for Scarface and given the competition that year I'm not sure if he should have been. Montana was a cool character and he did a nice Cuban gangster impression but the roles he had been nominated for were all better in my opinion. Nostalgia and coolness will aleays make people from our generation think of Scarface as better than it really was.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 03:10:35 PM »
Well (using your inaccurate analagy), surely Malcolm X was "Denzel's Doggystyle"?
no Training Day was Denzel's Doggystyle IMO he was AMAZING in training day first time playing a bad guy made you hate him....and if i remember correctly he won a best actor award for that role right? and imagine winning that award with a movie about the subject that it is.... its kinda rare to see that shit.... you usually get those kinda awards in crazy dramas and stuff not no currupt action gang bangin shit...

Didn't Denzel win his best supporting actor playing a guy people hated (he did redeem himself but the performace was still more a villain than hero as far as acting went.

And to whoever said Scent of A woman was a guilt Oscar for Scarface; I disagree on both counts; 1. He was amazing in Scent and deserved it just as much as any body else, a 2. if it was a guilt Oscar it wasn't for Scarface, it was for his 3 straight nods in '73, '74, and '75 for Serpico, Godfather pt.2 , and Dog Day Afternoon respectively, and the 4th nod he got for ...And Justice for All. He wasn't even nominated for Scarface and given the competition that year I'm not sure if he should have been. Montana was a cool character and he did a nice Cuban gangster impression but the roles he had been nominated for were all better in my opinion. Nostalgia and coolness will aleays make people from our generation think of Scarface as better than it really was.

"you Cocka roach!!!"  ;D

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 08:55:04 AM »
Montana was a cool character and he did a nice Cuban gangster impression but the roles he had been nominated for were all better in my opinion. Nostalgia and coolness will aleays make people from our generation think of Scarface as better than it really was.

Do you know what the nominees were for that year? (1983 I believe). I'm sure whoever won's character isn't nearly as legendary as Tony Montana  ;D

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ABN

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 09:36:34 AM »
i just saw the trailer on tv and i´ll definently check it out. Denzel is just an amazing actor, he´s prolly the best actor of his generation(i mean that started out in movies at the same time as him). and if he keeps it up he´ll go down as one of the greatest actors of all time. most of the other great actors have fallen off badly and they mix horrible performances with average and good performances. i can´t remember seein Denzel deliever a horrible performance ever and i´ve seen just about every movie he´s made.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 09:55:14 AM »
i just saw the trailer on tv and i´ll definently check it out. Denzel is just an amazing actor, he´s prolly the best actor of his generation(i mean that started out in movies at the same time as him). and if he keeps it up he´ll go down as one of the greatest actors of all time. most of the other great actors have fallen off badly and they mix horrible performances with average and good performances. i can´t remember seein Denzel deliever a horrible performance ever and i´ve seen just about every movie he´s made.
yeah the guy is just amazing... and consistent VERY VERY GOOD actor his emotions on film seem to be very authentic.... the only other actor i can think of that is just as consistant and great is Tom Hanks..... both those guys never drop a bad performance.....

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 10:37:35 AM »
Denzel is defiantly one of the best actors around.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2006, 11:11:55 AM »
Montana was a cool character and he did a nice Cuban gangster impression but the roles he had been nominated for were all better in my opinion. Nostalgia and coolness will aleays make people from our generation think of Scarface as better than it really was.

Do you know what the nominees were for that year? (1983 I believe). I'm sure whoever won's character isn't nearly as legendary as Tony Montana  ;D

Well there's no denying the legendary status of the Montana character but that doesn't make it the best acting performance. Austin Powers is more of a legendary character than Melvin Udall , played by Jack Nicholson. Nicholson's Joker is also more legendary than Chritsy Brown played by Daniel Day Lewis. That doesn't make either  better performances. Even Winnie The Pooh is more classic than most Oscar winning characters, (but him not winning is a true tragedy). Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump and Pulp Fiction combined. And it's not even a full film. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is too much to even grasp for the academy.

The year Pacino would have been nominated is tricky since the movie came out in Decemember and I'm not sure of the Oscar cut off, so it was either with the '83 movies or the '84. If it was '83 then Robert Duvall won for Tender Mercies and nominated with him were Michael Caine (Educating Rita), Tom Conti (Reuben Reuben), Tom Courtenay and Albert Finney (both from The Dresser). If it was '84 then F. Murray Abraham won for his portrayal of Salieri in Amadeus which is certainly a classic role if there ever was won. Nominated with him were Tom Hulce (also from Amadeus), Jeff Bridges (Starman), Sam Waterston (The Killing Fields), and Albert Finney again for Under the Volcano. I have seen all of these films and don't think Pacino getting snubbed for any of these actors is at all a shame.

Sikotic™

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 06:33:48 PM »

Well there's no denying the legendary status of the Montana character but that doesn't make it the best acting performance. Austin Powers is more of a legendary character than Melvin Udall , played by Jack Nicholson. Nicholson's Joker is also more legendary than Chritsy Brown played by Daniel Day Lewis. That doesn't make either  better performances. Even Winnie The Pooh is more classic than most Oscar winning characters, (but him not winning is a true tragedy). Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump and Pulp Fiction combined. And it's not even a full film. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is too much to even grasp for the academy.

The year Pacino would have been nominated is tricky since the movie came out in Decemember and I'm not sure of the Oscar cut off, so it was either with the '83 movies or the '84. If it was '83 then Robert Duvall won for Tender Mercies and nominated with him were Michael Caine (Educating Rita), Tom Conti (Reuben Reuben), Tom Courtenay and Albert Finney (both from The Dresser). If it was '84 then F. Murray Abraham won for his portrayal of Salieri in Amadeus which is certainly a classic role if there ever was won. Nominated with him were Tom Hulce (also from Amadeus), Jeff Bridges (Starman), Sam Waterston (The Killing Fields), and Albert Finney again for Under the Volcano. I have seen all of these films and don't think Pacino getting snubbed for any of these actors is at all a shame.

Yeah, definitely, Scarface was a movie that got poor reviews when it came out. It's a cult favorite and those rarely get nominated. I was just curious on the nominees that year.

I'm not taking credit from any of those actors. I can't say I've seen all of those films, but the list of actors is amazing so I'm sure they all deserved their nominations.

THA SAUCE HOUSE