Author Topic: Lakers to sign Jim Jackson?  (Read 1292 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Lakers to sign Jim Jackson?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 09:33:06 AM »
He's played with many teams so he could adjust, but the triangle is prety complicated, :-\ But I was all for him signing with the Lakers.

He knows the triangle... :raisetheroof:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 09:35:17 AM »
Jim Jackson to take minutes off Brown? ???

LOL. It's okay, he obviously has no idea what he's talking about...Brown is our best defensive body for a big. Why would the signing of Jim Jackson take away minutes from that?...LMAO. Make sense...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 09:37:33 AM »
Brown should get 10 minutes at best (on a team that wants to make noise) ... the Bobcats can give him 25 minutes if he's lucky.. but not the Lakers.

You have NO idea what you're talking about. Either that, or you haven't seen the Lakers play. Brown is one of our only players who can guard the elite bigs in the league. His physicaly ability is VERY useful on the defensive end, though he hasn't broke out into an elite player himself yet...If Brown only played 10 minutes a game, it would REALLY hurt our front-court defense drastically...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 09:44:01 AM »
Brown should get 10 minutes at best (on a team that wants to make noise) ... the Bobcats can give him 25 minutes if he's lucky.. but not the Lakers.

Man he's basically (still?) a role player, exactly like Brian Cook. Cook is our offensive PF, and Brown is our defensive one. None of them is starting material (yet?). The problem of our starting 5 is that we have both Mihm and Brown who are totally defensive minded. We lack an offensive minded PF who could get the ball inside (Cook has great offensive awarness, but he's basically a SG, when we attack). If we could replace Mihm with... i don't know.. Frye.. Frye-Brown, now that's a good mix i'd like to see. Frye is not ready yet to start for us, but damn that mix could be very good.

Actually, Mihm is more of an offensive player...Cook is not the best defender, but Brown has done great so far defending the 4 and 5. Mihm CAN play defense, but he's more offensive-minded and very foul prone. Cook plays like a SG, but man, that don't mean a thing. Look at players like Nowitzki, Kirilenko, Gasol, etc...They like to play the SG typa' game, but they're still bigs...It's the same story for Cook, I've seen him post up some players a few times, he just prefers to shoot...Now, Turiaf, he's pretty balanced. He can provide offense AND defense. I think he should be getting more minutes, probably about 15 a game...I'd like Frye, but he's not ready for our system, he'd still be making a grip of errors...We can win with what we have, just SIGN Jim Jackson!...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 10:24:48 AM »
Signed 8)

Jim Jackson Signed, Medvedenko Released
By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer
March 6, 2006

With an eye to the immediate future, the Lakers said goodbye to part of their past, signing free-agent swingman Jim Jackson and waiving injured forward Slava Medvedenko.

Jackson, 35, will be asked to add a veteran presence and outside touch to a team that has shot inconsistently throughout the season but is fighting for a playoff spot.

On his 12th team in 14 seasons, Jackson played in 27 games this season before being released by the Phoenix Suns last week, averaging 3.7 points and 2.4 rebounds in 15.6 minutes. He has not played since Jan. 4 but was practicing with the Suns until he was waived. His minutes were reduced this season when Phoenix added Eddie House and James Jones.

Jackson, the fourth overall pick in the 1992 draft, averaged 8.8 points and 3.9 rebounds last season for a Phoenix team that won a league-best 62 games and lost to San Antonio in the Western Conference finals.

Jackson, 6 feet 6 and 220 pounds, will be paid about $500,000, his contract contingent on passing a physical today in Los Angeles. It is not expected to be a problem.

Medvedenko, who will be 27 next month, played only two games this season and underwent season-ending surgery in January for a herniated disk in his back.

Signed as a free agent in August 2000, Medvedenko played on two Laker championship teams. He was re-signed to a two-year, $6-million deal before the 2004-05 season but played only 23 games after that because of injuries and ineffectiveness.

For his career, Medvedenko has averaged 5.4 points and 2.9 rebounds in 249 games.

Hell yea!!!...Good choice with the waiving of Medvedenko as well, seeing as he's becoming injury prone and was out for the season anyways...This should really help...PeACe

rik

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 10:47:54 AM »
Good move. Will he suit up today?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2006, 11:03:42 AM »
Naah...Not today. Probably next game...We could use him today though...LOL

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006, 01:19:15 PM »
any move that gives Sisssy Vujacic LESS MINUTES i'm with :P
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 01:30:36 PM by K.B. Mr.81 »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 02:29:51 PM »
any move that gives Sisssy Vujacic LESS MINUTES i'm with :P

Well, Sasha's still young...Give him a chance, "fan"... ::)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2006, 02:35:25 PM »
You're a HOMER ,that's the worst kind of fan  ...THIS SEASON Sasha SUCKS...he could be better next season but THIS SEASON he SUCKS

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2006, 03:09:54 PM »
You're a HOMER ,that's the worst kind of fan  ...THIS SEASON Sasha SUCKS...he could be better next season but THIS SEASON he SUCKS

Dude, I think anyone can clearly see that I'm a better fan than you any day and WAY more supportive of my team...You're a piece of shit, no one takes you serious here, not even the Laker fans. Sasha has had big shots this season, even game winning shots (vs. Utah, etc.)...Stop being so negetive, he's still young, so yes, he's going to make mistakes...But that doesn't mean we have to shit all over him like everyone does to you... :-*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2006, 05:10:53 PM »

Dude, I think anyone can clearly see that I'm a better fan than you any day and WAY more supportive of my team..

LOL, You're a Homer.

And why you always gotta act like little bitch? We're all Laker fans here, stop trying to make yourself look like you're a better Laker fan then us, no one gives a shit.

And Laker fans give me props when i hook them up with Laker stuff....like i said, stop acting like a little bitch.

acbaylove

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2006, 05:30:06 PM »
^ I've seen Sasha here in Italy for a pair of season, and he looked very promising. He's still young, let's see if he could turn into a decent NBA player. But right now Jim Jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vujacic.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2006, 05:34:57 PM »
^ let's see if he could turn into a decent NBA player. But right now Jim Jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vujacic.

I hope he becomes a good player to but RIGHT NOW, THE 2005-2006 SEASON. March 06, 2006....Sasha SUCKS, I don't know why NIK get's all butt-hurt.

acbaylove

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2006, 05:45:11 PM »
He probably "sucks" right now, but hey, he's one of the most improved player in our roster, this season. In the last summer could you have immagined him making some clutch shots or starting 4 times, or playing good minutes in the 4th quarter? He got the balls and the skills, he's just too young and immature to play in the NBA, at the moment. But he's still 22, and he's a 6-7 PG. We gotta give him some time to develope into a pretty good role player.