Author Topic: Reason Why 2pac is sooo Overated  (Read 3249 times)

Liquid-Dogg

Reason Why 2pac is sooo Overated
« on: February 25, 2002, 10:50:53 AM »
Is Cuz he's dead. If Snoop Died in 95 he woulda been classed as the GOAT. Cuz he woulda never had the chance to fall off (go to No Limit).
 If 2pac was still alive now he'd of fallen off way back in 98. Ya'll rate him too much. Same goes with Big. I bet if Method Man Died in 96 a lot more peeps woulda class him as GOAT then BIG...Anyway, that jus IMO...Fuck Ya'll If u don't like it
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

b-PlEaSE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Reason Why 2pac is sooo Overated
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2002, 10:52:50 AM »
Or it could be that he has a HUGE fan base.. which would explain all the people saying hes so great...

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2002, 11:05:32 AM »
Half the fans or even more were probz fans after he died though. Same would happen in any other big rapper at the time died

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2002, 11:07:24 AM »
sowy but i mostly agreed with mary-jane  8)
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2002, 11:08:29 AM »
Pac is NOT Overrated. Hell nah.

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2002, 11:13:30 AM »
ya'll say that his first albums were classics, isn't that the same with peeps like nas, then they start to fall off. 2pac jus didn't have a long enough life time to fall off, that's why peeps only judge him from the stuff that he did. same thing happened to jay z (i don't like nas or jay z but i know they got a lot of fans from when they were good and new fan's from their new shit. the same thing that woulda probz. happened to 2pac)

Youngster323

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2002, 11:24:01 AM »
2pac- The Greatest rapper of all time,  my reasons........

1. his lyrics were not simple, they were really no metaphors, and it send a powerful message, wether u agreed with it or not. also amazing flow

2. How many people has he touched with all his deep songs?? he made my homegirl feel better with some songs.

3. Maybe he really wasnt living the thug life, he made it seem like he did. and some people could relate to him.

4. people STILL talk about him 6 years after his death.

5. If Snoop died right after doggfather. I would not consider him the GOAT. Where i live it at, basically when u hear snoop, its mostly to chill. but when u woudl listen to 2pac rapping it would touch some, not some but ALOT of people. Unless snoop touched u deeply with Gin and Juice, lol

6. I doubt 2pac would have fallen off....he basically was gettin better after every cd.  

7.  if u was to ask everybody in L.A 85-90 percent of Hip hop fans they would call 2pac as the best rapper of all time not cuz he is dead. cuz somehow they see his music as not only sumthing to bump to but something to hear and apreciate deeply

Its cool that u say 2pac is overated but sometimes rhymes arent everything in hip hop, its deeper and 2pac showed how u can turn rhymes into feelings and deep thoughts.

BossPlaya

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Much Luv2 lil Villian N NINO Tha Mack OCSA 4 LIFE
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2002, 11:33:07 AM »

rhymes arent everything in hip hop, its deeper and 2pac showed how u can turn rhymes into feelings and deep thoughts.

need he say more

"i putz it down homie for tha BIG S.A 714 till i hit my grave O.C muthafucka till i reach tha top n even then foo i  just wont stop with my gangsta flows or my  gangsta mentality straight takin out all u muthafuckin WANNABES who pussied out cuz in tha city of Santa Ana we aint no nagels puro crazy pimps crazy gangb

Antonio

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2002, 11:33:35 AM »

1. his lyrics were not simple, they were really no metaphors, and it send a powerful message, wether u agreed with it or not. also amazing flow

2. How many people has he touched with all his deep songs?? he made my homegirl feel better with some songs.

3. Maybe he really wasnt living the thug life, he made it seem like he did. and some people could relate to him.

5. If Snoop died right after doggfather. I would not consider him the GOAT. Where i live it at, basically when u hear snoop, its mostly to chill. but when u woudl listen to 2pac rapping it would touch some, not some but ALOT of people. Unless snoop touched u deeply with Gin and Juice, lol

6. I doubt 2pac would have fallen off....he basically was gettin better after every cd.  

7.  if u was to ask everybody in L.A 85-90 percent of Hip hop fans they would call 2pac as the best rapper of all time not cuz he is dead. cuz somehow they see his music as not only sumthing to bump to but something to hear and apreciate deeply

Its cool that u say 2pac is overated but sometimes rhymes arent everything in hip hop, its deeper and 2pac showed how u can turn rhymes into feelings and deep thoughts.

I totally agree. You cant use the word "overrated" with the one who is considered the GOAT. Use it for rappers who still got a huge fan base but that aint making good music from years (no names, but u know what i'm talking about), lol!

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2002, 11:34:34 AM »

ya say that he wasn't really a thug , that it was just an image, but nowadays ya'll calling nelly or ja rule fake cause the acting the same,  ::)

people still talk about him, so whut , they still talk about eazy -e and the others, that don't mean shit

#5 you said "I" mean it's your opignion , but on the real people would regonize the realnest

#6 gettin bette after every cd..... until the ends of time was and album from makavelli periof and it didn'T impressed me that much , and the next one neither

i doubt that but i can't really talk about it , i live in montreal

i'm not sayin that pac is overated because of his music, his music is the shit , but as the person , people consifer pac as a god or some, that'S a martyr... people were affect when they heard his death,  that why is overated , in he was still alive , and big was dead, people would call big the goat.... thats how it is , i ain't makin no shit
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Youngster323

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2002, 11:37:50 AM »

ya say that he wasn't really a thug , that it was just an image, but nowadays ya'll calling nelly or ja rule fake cause the acting the same

I dont call them fake , i call them wack ass hell

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2002, 11:39:38 AM »
I'll have u know that Gin & Juice Touched me where no song has touched me b4. And So did Serial Killa. lol.
Most Tru 2pac fans are from the west and most Tru biggy fans are from the East
but who, If died whenever when they were at their peak, would get EVERYONE's love?!?!? It would have to be someone that doesn't rep where their from, that's why westcoast don't sell that well, cuz peeps on the east don't wanna hear 'WEST SIDE' all the time. Ya'll noticed that EAstcoast rappers don't rep the east half as much as the west...
 personally i think the one person that would get most love from everyone is probz Eminem (I Don't like him but u have to agree, that's probz the one person that would, if died now, be classed as the greatest of all time)

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2002, 11:42:59 AM »

personally i think the one person that would get most love from everyone is probz Eminem (I Don't like him but u have to agree, that's probz the one person that would, if died now, be classed as the greatest of all time)

Just listenin to Summer Time - Fresh Prince, He's another person that i think should be the GOAT....Jus because of this song. It's the only song by him i like but i can listen to it anywhere and just imagin bein in the sun and chillin...Lol, Shit, The fuck am i talkin bout, Will smith ain't shit!

Youngster323

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2002, 11:43:22 AM »

lol u really think if Em was to die today. Tommorow fans were to call him the GOAT?

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2002, 11:45:17 AM »
#6 gettin bette after every cd..... until the ends of time was and album from makavelli periof and it didn'T impressed me that much , and the next one neither

Hmmm. It's funny because most of the songs released after his death were left overs that he didn't want to be on his albums.

2Pacalypse Now - Good album.
Strictly For My N.I.G.G.A.Z. - Good album.
Me Against The World - Certified classic.
All Eyez On Me - Certified classic.
The 7 Day Theory - Certified classic.

Yes it seems like he was falling off and his albums were getting much worse.