Author Topic: The East Coast has better rappers, but the west...  (Read 916 times)

S.G.V.

Re: The East Coast has better rappers, but the wes
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2002, 05:03:33 AM »
Rakim is old and washed the "R"-uh Double AK can whoop him now...maybe back in the day Rakim would take out Ras but not now....Rakim is over...thats what i have to say
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

bricklayer

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2002, 07:51:31 AM »
lol....thats funny son, well u just wait till ra drops his album lil man......aint nobody ever wanted it wit ra in da industry before and no one still wants it wit ra today....
peace

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2002, 01:17:14 PM »

how the fuck are u gonna tell me what i know or what i am?
i think you're ignorant for saying i listen to dmx and puffy
cuz see, what i said was an opinion, that ALOT of people happen to agree with , what u said was just plain stupid, you're stating opinions fronting like they facts,

"its pretty obvious..."

its pretty obvious some one needs to check they attitude

chill the fuck out man, i was just saying if your horizons we broader you wouldn't be saying those things

it's one thing to say , i prefer this style and this kind of music over this., and it's another thing to say, oh they suck becuase i say so and don't like it....

yes it is YOUR opinion but if you horizons were broader and if you were a more mature music fan (again i'm not dissing or attacking you i'm stating facts) you wouldn't be generalising things like this, and woulda said yeah they're better, but i like westcoast music more

it's like saying,most  grass in the world grows purple blue and magenta like a rainbow... becuase for some reason your mom and all your neighbors did that to their grass, when the truth is grass grows green

it's some people's opinion that master p is better than rakim....there's a line in music where opinions turn into facts....those people can think master p is better but the truth of the matter is, its NOT true

again don't take this up the ass, go out and learn more about music and matur your taste and expand your horizons and come back with another topic on this, again it's OBVIOUS what type of music you've experienced in the east coast....it's not your fault but please expand your horizons before making this comment again

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2002, 01:45:23 PM »
The east coast has made 100 x more classics than the west has.........

Illmatic
36 Chambers
Ready To Die
Infamous
Cuban Linx
Liquid Swords
Moment Of Truth
Low End Theory
Midnight Marauders
Hard To Earn
Hell On Earth
Stillmatic
Reasonable Doubt
Enta Da Stage
Mecca And The Soul Brother
Life After Death
3 Feet High And Rising
Pauls Boutique
Fear Of A Black Planet

And thats just a FEW. There is NO way the west coast has made more classic albums than the east coast has. The east coast has it on lock, as far as who has the most classic albums.

Best diss songs?? Id say its about equal in that department, but keep in mind battling started on the east coast to begin with........

Better producers?? I personally like more producers from the east. RZA, Primo, Alchemist, Large Pro, Pete Rock, etc etc are all some of the greatest producers ever. Dre is really the only west coast producer that is on the same level as them east coast producers I named.

And we already know the east is EASILY superior to the west when it comes to raw emceeing and pure lyricism.

It may sound like Im hating on the west, but im just telling the facts the way they are. In all honesty, my fav MC ever is a west coast MC, but the east reigns supreme overall...........
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2002, 01:57:20 PM »
thanks for the support hellrazor

don't get me wrong like i said i'm westcoast til i DIEEE!

but facts are facts and i'm mature enough to admit that the eastcoast has this game eternally on lock

let's just put it this way, the eastcast is the dream team (usa) and the west as much as i love it is like team canada or austrailia in basketball

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2002, 02:05:19 PM »
No problem Jake..........Hey, its good to see you back up in here and still posting, the true hip hop heads dont seem to be in abundance these days, lol.

Hey did you see my Stillmatic review? I told ya I was gonna break it down, hahahaha. Aight, peace.

techniec

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2002, 04:15:22 PM »

chill the fuck out man, i was just saying if your horizons we broader you wouldn't be saying those things

it's one thing to say , i prefer this style and this kind of music over this., and it's another thing to say, oh they suck becuase i say so and don't like it....

yes it is YOUR opinion but if you horizons were broader and if you were a more mature music fan (again i'm not dissing or attacking you i'm stating facts) you wouldn't be generalising things like this, and woulda said yeah they're better, but i like westcoast music more

it's like saying,most  grass in the world grows purple blue and magenta like a rainbow... becuase for some reason your mom and all your neighbors did that to their grass, when the truth is grass grows green

it's some people's opinion that master p is better than rakim....there's a line in music where opinions turn into facts....those people can think master p is better but the truth of the matter is, its NOT true

again don't take this up the ass, go out and learn more about music and matur your taste and expand your horizons and come back with another topic on this, again it's OBVIOUS what type of music you've experienced in the east coast....it's not your fault but please expand your horizons before making this comment again

alright alright i feel what you sayin, but its my opinion right, and why you gotta say all i listen to from the east, is dmx and puffy, right? i mean that wasnt needed right?

peace

S.G.V.

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2002, 05:45:42 PM »
to-hellrazor

Chronic
Doggystyle
DoggFood
2Pacalypse Now
All Eyez On Me
Makaveli
Amerikkkas Most Wanted
Predator
Leathal Injection
Death Certificate
Mack 10(debut album)
Bow Down
Black Sunday
Straight Outta Compton
Efil4AZaggin
Eazy Duz It
Season Of Da Siccness
Psycho Active
Federal
Born To Mack
Life Is...Too Short
Operation Stackola
Quik Is The Name
Safe N Sound

and i can go on....those are all west coast classics the east aint touching that

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2002, 06:18:00 PM »
to-hellrazor

Chronic
Doggystyle
DoggFood
2Pacalypse Now
All Eyez On Me
Makaveli
Amerikkkas Most Wanted
Predator
Leathal Injection
Death Certificate
Mack 10(debut album)
Bow Down
Black Sunday
Straight Outta Compton
Efil4AZaggin
Eazy Duz It
Season Of Da Siccness
Psycho Active
Federal
Born To Mack
Life Is...Too Short
Operation Stackola
Quik Is The Name
Safe N Sound

and i can go on....those are all west coast classics the east aint touching that

The only ones you listed that are classic are The Chronic, Doggystyle, AEOM, Amerikkkaz Most Wanted, The Predator, Makaveli, Death Certificate, and Straight Outta Compton.

The rest of those albums you listed are NOT classic. I think you're throwing the word classic around too much, or you dont know the criteria of what makes a album a true classic or not.

Trust me, the east has it on lock, end of discussion. The East has probably made more classic albums than the west, south, and midwest COMBINED. Hip hop started on the east, and that is why it is lyrically and musically more prominant than on the west or south.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2002, 06:52:28 PM »
Illmatic - yes
36 Chambers - yes
Ready To Die - yes
Infamous - yes
Cuban Linx - yes
Liquid Swords - yes
Moment Of Truth - yes
Low End Theory -yes
Midnight Marauders - yes
Hard To Earn -no
Hell On Earth -no
Stillmatic -yes
Reasonable Doubt - yes
Enta Da Stage -yes
Mecca And The Soul Brother - yes
4,5,6 - no
Life After Death -yes
3 Feet High And Rising - yes
Pauls Boutique - yes
Fear Of A Black Planet - yes
Many classics more...

Chronic - yes
2001 - yes
Doggystyle - yes
DoggFood -yes
2Pacalypse Now -no
All Eyez On Me -yes
Makaveli -yes
Amerikkkas Most Wanted -yes
Predator - no
Leathal Injection -no
Death Certificate -yes
Mack 10(debut album) - no
Bow Down -yes
Black Sunday -yes
Straight Outta Compton - yes
Efil4AZaggin -yes
Eazy Duz It -yes
Season Of Da Siccness -?
Psycho Active -?
Federal - no
Born To Mack - no
Life Is...Too Short - yes
Operation Stackola - no
Quik Is The Name - yes
Safe N Sound - yes
Many classics more...

West Coast has a shitload of classics but the East Coast has more.

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2002, 06:56:39 PM »
this is how I see it:
each side has classics 4 sure

Eastcoast: You can tell the lyrics are better.  EastCoast has it for MC's and lyrics.  Their production is still tight tho. I mean DJ/Mixing. it still sounds good, but the thing is even if the beat is alright, your still listenin to the song cuz of the tight lyrics coming out

Westcoast: Their lyrics aren't as good as the east but they do have some pretty tight MC's, Example: Kurupt (death row days), Crooked I, Rass Kass, Xzibit.  But the thing is, when you listen to a westcoast song, and the lyrics are just alright. u stay listening to the song because there proably is a tight ass beat goin on in the background that you wanna listen to over and over.

ToNe1904

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2002, 07:14:56 PM »
has better albums, production, diss songs and are generally less mainstream

no particular reason why im venting off, its just that i hate east coast dick suckers just as much as white female rap
fans....well almost

the west has much realer cats, a better independant scene, better beefs and diss songs, and better producers

i agree with all, cept tha "east has better rappers" part. i mean, tha east has more POPULAR rappers. i dont feel theyre better at all. but i still really believe itz an eastcoast bias that hurts westcoast rappers. in magazines, tv....n otha such thingz. Tha east...IMO bites SO much shit frum tha westcoast...n then simply blows it up in NY (since, if it came frum tha west..it prolly wasnt heard on Eastcoast radio stations yet) i almost slapped tha shit outta this bitch when i heard her tell me that Jay Z invented tha "izzo's". i was like WTF are u talkin bout?! lol. Wha proves to me....that tha west pretty much just gets bittin, n hated on. is this. Tha east, (especially now) sells more records. except when doggystyle came out. BUT...if u look back, i feel tha albumz that influenced RAP music tha most....have been MOSTLY westcoast artists. "NWA" had rappers becoming HARD on albums. True, so did Rakim. But NWA took it to a MUCH different level. "Doggystyle" had most of tha country (rappers included) thinkin that theyre gangstaz, sippin gin n juice, n wantin a lo lo. Chronic, well shit...there was a cloud of chronic smoke floatin ova tha US after that album came out. Tupac, pretty much brought tha "Fuck tha world" attitude to ALOT of rappers after him. (Eminem...perfect example). Also after pac, u saw alot more rappers explore different themes for songs. While snoop n dre n NWA made it cool to be a gangsta. Tupac stepped in...n made it cool for a "Thug" tah show emotion. Too Short...shit, tha man been doin this shit for longer then most of tha members on this board have been alive. He was tha first to really bring those nasty, pimp lyrics to rap. How many rappers do u see now, claimin they pimpin? shiiiiiit. n who brough u tha trademark..."biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!" lol. Even now, rappers like E-40. tha classic example, to me...of how westcoast artists have been gettin hated on. He doesnt sell tha MAJOR amount of unitz in tha East like he should be. Yet, SO many eastcoast rappers use words he came up with, n talk about shit he came out with. If i see Ja Rule pop his muthafuckin collar one mo time....ima throw up lol. but fukit, West keep comin wit tight albumz. East keep hatin, n tha shit will bounce back on yall. Dont bitch then! lol

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2002, 07:21:59 PM »

i agree with all, cept tha "east has better rappers" part. i mean, tha east has more POPULAR rappers. i dont feel theyre better at all. but i still really believe itz an eastcoast bias that hurts westcoast rappers. in magazines, tv....n otha such thingz. Tha east...IMO bites SO much shit frum tha westcoast...n then simply blows it up in NY (since, if it came frum tha west..it prolly wasnt heard on Eastcoast radio stations yet) i almost slapped tha shit outta this bitch when i heard her tell me that Jay Z invented tha "izzo's". i was like WTF are u talkin bout?! lol. Wha proves to me....that tha west pretty much just gets bittin, n hated on. is this. Tha east, (especially now) sells more records. except when doggystyle came out. BUT...if u look back, i feel tha albumz that influenced RAP music tha most....have been MOSTLY westcoast artists. "NWA" had rappers becoming HARD on albums. True, so did Rakim. But NWA took it to a MUCH different level. "Doggystyle" had most of tha country (rappers included) thinkin that theyre gangstaz, sippin gin n juice, n wantin a lo lo. Chronic, well shit...there was a cloud of chronic smoke floatin ova tha US after that album came out. Tupac, pretty much brought tha "Fuck tha world" attitude to ALOT of rappers after him. (Eminem...perfect example). Also after pac, u saw alot more rappers explore different themes for songs. While snoop n dre n NWA made it cool to be a gangsta. Tupac stepped in...n made it cool for a "Thug" tah show emotion. Too Short...shit, tha man been doin this shit for longer then most of tha members on this board have been alive. He was tha first to really bring those nasty, pimp lyrics to rap. How many rappers do u see now, claimin they pimpin? shiiiiiit. n who brough u tha trademark..."biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!" lol. Even now, rappers like E-40. tha classic example, to me...of how westcoast artists have been gettin hated on. He doesnt sell tha MAJOR amount of unitz in tha East like he should be. Yet, SO many eastcoast rappers use words he came up with, n talk about shit he came out with. If i see Ja Rule pop his muthafuckin collar one mo time....ima throw up lol. but fukit, West keep comin wit tight albumz. East keep hatin, n tha shit will bounce back on yall. Dont bitch then! lol

Damn man, you act like the east coast doesnt have any influential artists........Ever heard of Wu Tang Clan? Nas? Biggie? Gang Starr? Tribe? Public Enemy?

36 Chambers, Illmatic, Ready To Die, The Infamous, Low End Theory, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, It Takes A Nation Of Millions, and Pauls Boutique are some of the most influential albums ever. And, ironically, all of them are east coast albums.......

ToNe1904

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2002, 07:36:06 PM »

Damn man, you act like the east coast doesnt have any influential artists........Ever heard of Wu Tang Clan? Nas? Biggie? Gang Starr? Tribe? Public Enemy?

36 Chambers, Illmatic, Ready To Die, The Infamous, Low End Theory, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, It Takes A Nation Of Millions, and Pauls Boutique are some of the most influential albums ever. And, ironically, all of them are east coast albums.......

naw man. i didnt say that tha east doesnt have ANY infuencial albums. thatd be stupid to say. but when i think of influencial...im thinkin of influence on tha WHOLE country as far as rap music. Public Enemy id agree fits that mold. Maybe even GangStarr (outta tha ones u named). But, see...i feel like tha people i name influence rappers frum everywhere. Wu-Tang, well...they had big influence on other Eastcoast artists. but i didnt see an impact out here, or down south. Same with Nas or Biggie. Biggie was tight as fuk, i luved biggies music. but i didnt feel he influenced shit out hea eitha. jus mah opinion...

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2002, 08:02:55 PM »
Besides Public Enemy, Wu Tang is probably the most influential group or artist period from the east coast......Matter of fact, I might even go as far to say that the Wu are even more influential than Public Enemy was. 36 Chambers [along with Illmatic] brought back that raw, gritty style to hip hop, and it pratically saved east coast hip hop from being burried alive during the "chronic/doggystyle" era. "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" was perhaps yet even MORE influential. Cuban Linx started ALL the alias trends we see in hip hop today [nobody started using aliases until after Tony Starks and Lex Diamonds], and it was also the album that started all the flossing and ice rockin' that everyone does today. Only difference is, Cuban Linx isnt watered down commerical garbage like alot of todays artists albums are. In addittion to that, Rae and Ghost used that album to start a blueprint which a ton of other artists [including Jay Z with Reasonable Doubt and Biggie with Life After Death] would use. Cuban Linx started all the mafiaso/don trends we see in hip hop nowadays. Illmatic and The Infamous are also very influential, but I think 36 Chambers and Cuban Linx might be two of the most influential albums EVER made. But then again, so is the Chronic and All Eyez On Me.........