Poll

Wait for PS3 or get a 360?

PS3
8 (57.1%)
Xbox 360
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Choices choices, wait for PS3 or just go with a 360??  (Read 1659 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Choices choices, wait for PS3 or just go with a 360??
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 01:05:22 AM »
I think people are overrating the price of the PS3 affecting its sales. remember the cheaper, core system of the 360 didn't sell as musch. And people were paying outrages prices for the Premium system on EBay. And according to Game Informer the PS3 WILL ship with a 60 GB Hard Drive.

i just think it'll be way too much for the average consumer.  my xbox360 with a 2 year warranty was about 500+, the 60 GB hard drive from what i heard isn't a for sure thing meaning, it isn't known if Sony will charge extra for it or will sell it separate from the PS3.  we'll have to wait and see but i read in the Official Playstation magazine that, Sony is basically copying Mircosoft's Xbox live and if they were to sell their systems for even 500 or 600 Sony would be the Red no doubt for some time.  Blueray technology is just too new, IMO, to sell so cheap.
Sony is willing to sell the systems cheap. wasn't XBOX losing like $150 per system it sold? Most of the money making comes from selling games published from their own company, that's where they recoup heir loses. And Blueray tech is expensive now but a year year and a half it'll lower dramatically so Sony would be losing alot of money for just a while. And this is exactly what it says in Game Informer, "A Sony spokesperson confirmed with us that the PS3 will ship with the 60GB hard drive included, so the public will not have to purchase one seperately."

yea its been confirmed that the ps3 will be launching with a 60gb hardrive thus making the ps3 even more expensive, also expect microsoft to come out with a bigger hardrive for the 360 by the time the ps3 launches if necessary.

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 02:50:50 AM »
^^^i've heard about $500 US. but then again, it was also rumoured that it was gonna come out in the spring  ::)

Yeah it should be around there...hopefully not too expensive
I was a reading a few things in some magazines and one of the main reasons PS3 is gonna be expensive is because of teh blu-ray technology, the players themselves will be realy expensive wthen they come out...
as for now..damn..why does money have to be an issue? lol
I actually just bought an xbox 360 and im really happy with it

ps3 or xbox 360, to get the best out of the graphics, then you need to have an HDTV,
and i've been reading on both of these systems, in the long run they are going to indeed have similar graphics, which is true, based on the technology packed in each system
a lot of ps3 fanboys don't realize that all those videos and trailers of games they have for the system are not real gameplay footage, they mentioned this in electronic gaming monthly and its true, like that game gears of war, looks DOPE...but its not going to look like that
theres a lot of ps2 people to me that are funny because they still think ps2 >>xbox when it comes to graphics. ..which of course is proven wrong..especially when u compare max potentials...with both of the newer systems, the multiplatform titles bog the graphics down because of the compatability for more than one system
the xbox 360 for example...if you play project gotham racing 3 on an hdtv, then DAMN, but if u play a sports game, it'll still look good, but could be better
and I know the 360 or ps3 aren't going to unleash their full potential yet
games wise, both of them are going to be good, I personally think 360 will do a little better on that, and popularity wise, they have halo 3 coming out in 2007, sometime there

for now though only the 360 is available, so go ahead and get it and you will be happy..and if you do..get it at costco..for $490, I got the premium system, an extra wirless controller, the charge and play kit, and project gotham racing..all in one package

im probably gonna buy the ps3 when it comes out, i'll probably buy 2, one for myself and the other to sell to people on ebay so I can just make that money back

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 05:34:35 AM »
I would just go with a 360. Its pretty much a given that the ps3 will be at least $100 more than the 360, and i'm pretty sure the ps3 graphics wont be all that much more amazing than the 360's. All those ps3 movies out now are pre-rendered shit, it might not look like that during gameplay.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 06:37:58 AM »

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 08:55:32 AM »
sorry to bring this up... but its funny how the tables have turned...

the argument with the first xbox and the PS2

"xbox has better graphics blah blah its  better because yeah it has better graphics and did i mentioned that the graphics are better... and thats all that matters in a game that the graphics are better because graphics are all a game needs...!!!!"

so why was the PS2 kicking its ass then???

"More game selection, Fun games with good graphics... better control..."

NOW!!

the 360 got the jump on the ps3 but all the xbox guys are gettin scared because that whole main argument they had before . . . "GRAPHICS ARE ALL THAT MATTERS" is out the window now... because we all know that the PS3 is going to be ATLEAST equal to the graphics on the 360 and more than likely a little better (just like the xbox was a little better than the PS2) . . . and the PS3 has all the game backing.... so now all the things that everyone complained about the ps2 like NO HARD DRIVE... NO XBOX LIVE type of online play....etc the ps3 is going to have including BETTER GRAPHICS.... so the 360 people gettin kinda scared the only advantage they had was to drop about a year earlier (like the ps2 did on the xbox) . . .

just funny how its all working out... but i think that once the PS3 drops that its going to Generate ALOT OF HYPE especially with a WORLDWIDE release...

overall i think the PS3 will be more successful overall but in gameing it all comes down to preference....

for me i think it will be PS3>360 . . .

i think the whole 360 hype DIED real quick... and i think this happen because it really wasnt much differnet from the current box.... no really NEW features besides better graphics and wireless controllers.... i think the PS3 is a bigger improvement from the PS2 than the Xbox is from the 360 .. .  and this all has to do with something i didnt like the xbox did... i think it was too quick to make a new system the PS2 will have a lifespan of 2 more years over the Xbox and to me as a consumer is a big thing...... but anyways im done here... we will see what happens... just want the PS3 to drop soon at a reasonable price range....

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 08:58:35 AM »
go with the 360...
i have nba 2k6, and im able to play my own soundtrack .. i hook it up to my computer, or i can connect an ipod/mp3 player to the usb ports on my 360 and bump while my game is playing

you can also connect a digital camera to the usb ports and do a little slide show , so if you have a nice size t.v. people come over and what not

xbox live, u can download demos, old arcade games, page someone while there playing a game and talk to them
me and some of my boys have it , i dont even have to go over to there house no more, just play em thru the wireless headset

theyre also coming out with a digital camera for the 360, so you can chat and see the person at the same time, video chat how dope is that? if you got fam living across the u.s. now u can see them

not to mention it also comes with a Dvd player thats able to read bootleg dvdr's from off the streets :) , the lil remote controll comes in handy too..
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 09:01:45 AM by NauticaICE »

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 09:07:33 AM »
go with the 360...
i have nba 2k6, and im able to play my own soundtrack .. i hook it up to my computer, or i can connect an ipod/mp3 player to the usb ports on my 360 and bump while my game is playing

you can also connect a digital camera to the usb ports and do a little slide show , so if you have a nice size t.v. people come over and what not

xbox live, u can download demos, old arcade games, page someone while there playing a game and talk to them
me and some of my boys have it , i dont even have to go over to there house no more, just play em thru the wireless headset

theyre also coming out with a digital camera for the 360, so you can chat and see the person at the same time, video chat how dope is that? if you got fam living across the u.s. now u can see them

not to mention it also comes with a Dvd player thats able to read bootleg dvdr's from off the streets :) , the lil remote controll comes in handy too..
hey there is a thing called computers that can do that and have been able to do that for a few years just to let you know.. kinda like the thing you are on right now...lol  ;) . .  just playing with ya but alot of the stuff u just told me really doesnt do anything for me too much hype for lil things that are like whatever... the only cool thing i would say is custom music and the playing online... all the other stuff is like whatever and guess what your old xbox could do that... not hating just stating what i feel...

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 12:40:45 PM »
go with the 360...

hey there is a thing called computers that can do that and have been able to do that for a few years just to let you know.. kinda like the thing you are on right now...lol  ;) . .  just playing with ya but alot of the stuff u just told me really doesnt do anything for me too much hype for lil things that are like whatever... the only cool thing i would say is custom music and the playing online... all the other stuff is like whatever and guess what your old xbox could do that... not hating just stating what i feel...

yea but dude also forgot to mention the biggest feature of the usb camera straight from ign.com

"But the biggest and best feature will be gesture recognition. Basically, the camera is going to translate your movements in real life and input them in the game. There was a concept picture of two kids playing a snowboarding game, but we really have no idea what this means except that Microsoft may be taking aim at the Nintendo Revolution as well as the EyeToy. Given the success of Xbox Live Arcade, the 360 Camera could be another strong effort to lure more than just hard-core gamers to Microsoft's next-generation console."

gonna b more info on it at e3,im thinkin it wont be used for minigames like eyetoy or sumthin but used for bigger games like say rainbow six or sumthing ,i dunno though gonna have to wait and see

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 12:43:07 PM »
 the graphics difference wont b as big as the xbox to the ps2 because that was like around a 300mhz difference,this time around there pretty much equal

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 12:48:55 PM »
go with the 360...

yea but dude also forgot to mention the biggest feature of the usb camera straight from ign.com

"But the biggest and best feature will be gesture recognition. Basically, the camera is going to translate your movements in real life and input them in the game. There was a concept picture of two kids playing a snowboarding game, but we really have no idea what this means except that Microsoft may be taking aim at the Nintendo Revolution as well as the EyeToy. Given the success of Xbox Live Arcade, the 360 Camera could be another strong effort to lure more than just hard-core gamers to Microsoft's next-generation console."

gonna b more info on it at e3,im thinkin it wont be used for minigames like eyetoy or sumthin but used for bigger games like say rainbow six or sumthing ,i dunno though gonna have to wait and see

thats already done with the eye toy on the ps2 its cool and all but someone has to find a really COOL use for it cause right now its just for fun lil games nothing major.... but like you said we would have to wait and see what they come out with... and the graphics difference from the xbox and the PS2 wasnt that major at all.. very minimal at best... i mean i could really care less for some graphics if they not backed by fun game play i still think some of the old Nintendo games are better than the majority of games out... like Street Fighter 2 Turbo i been stuck playing that on the SNES for the last few weeks.... punks any fighting game in the market today no matter how good the graphics may be......

Punch out punks Fight Night and so on.....

GAMEPLAY is the most important thing in a game because games are made to have fun not to just look good....

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »
go with the 360...

thats already done with the eye toy on the ps2 its cool and all but someone has to find a really COOL use for it cause right now its just for fun lil games nothing major.... but like you said we would have to wait and see what they come out with... and the graphics difference from the xbox and the PS2 wasnt that major at all.. very minimal at best... i mean i could really care less for some graphics if they not backed by fun game play i still think some of the old Nintendo games are better than the majority of games out... like Street Fighter 2 Turbo i been stuck playing that on the SNES for the last few weeks.... punks any fighting game in the market today no matter how good the graphics may be......

GAMEPLAY is the most important thing in a game because games are made to have fun not to just look good....
yea Street Fighter 2 turbo was tight back in the day,played the shit out of it ,but fight night on the 360 is amazing,im not just talkin graphics, the total punch control and everything, street fighter 2 was a classic but fight night is amazing too

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 02:35:45 PM »
go with the 360...

yea Street Fighter 2 turbo was tight back in the day,played the shit out of it ,but fight night on the 360 is amazing,im not just talkin graphics, the total punch control and everything, street fighter 2 was a classic but fight night is amazing too

yeah no doubt street fighter 2 is tight but Fight Night as you said is fuckin amazing.  Hands down the best fighting game i've played gameplay included. 

As for the PS3 vs. 360, we'll have to wait and see.  like i said earlier all we have from PS3 is all talk, we haven't seen what it can do.  but i also believe we haven't seen nearly what the 360 is able to do.  the Wireless network adaptor for 360 is a fuckin amazing
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 03:07:19 PM »
go with the 360...

yeah no doubt street fighter 2 is tight but Fight Night as you said is fuckin amazing.  Hands down the best fighting game i've played gameplay included. 

As for the PS3 vs. 360, we'll have to wait and see.  like i said earlier all we have from PS3 is all talk, we haven't seen what it can do.  but i also believe we haven't seen nearly what the 360 is able to do.  the Wireless network adaptor for 360 is a fuckin amazing
i hear you guys i love fight night i played it on the 360 too and   :o  tight shit... but honestly on a fun level me and my friends have had more fun playin the SF2 turbo ...lol thats a pretty crazy thing considering that shit is shit graphics compared to fight night... but i know you guys get what im saying....

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 03:09:31 PM »
go for ps3

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2006, 03:36:40 PM »
shit i just played a fightnight tournament wit sum buddies last weekend,shit was sick,all the trashtalkin n shit,beautiful thing  8)

but yea PS3 is gonna be sick too,no doubt,it just depends if u can wait that long and if ur gonna be able to afford it,we cant really talk that much about it cuz we dont got a price but e3 starts like May 9th i think is when sonys press confrence is so will find out all the juicy details 8)

plus i hear its gonna work with the psp,im hearin u can store a bunch of shit on ur ps3 hardrive and then view it all on ur psp when ur on the go,that would b tight ,im hoping thats true lol  :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 03:38:23 PM by black_smoke »