Author Topic: Who was born on Dec. 25th? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Jesus....  (Read 2458 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: Who was born on Dec. 25th? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Jesus....
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2006, 10:29:55 PM »
I personally think the world would be better off without any organized religion.

my dumb chum, nothing could be more farther from the truth
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2006, 10:37:01 PM »
It was actually the day they had historically used in Europe to celebrate Ceasar's birthday.
INFINITE speaks TRUTH

This is common knowledge, ask any Christian and they'll tell you that.

But what does it prove?

That christiniaty as an organized religion is a farce?

ok, lets weigh up the options here...

prophet marrying a minor vs. not having correct birthdate... hmm ...

Mohammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston....hmmm.....what happened again?

whats that got to do with anything ? Ali was the greatest, always will be. if youre comparing battles, if what youre doing is muslims vs. christianity in a boxing ring... well why not see who's really winning the battle ? now i dont agree with iraq being invaded, but it happen, muslims got knocked the fuck out.

christianity is the main power, i cant see that changing in our life-time. if there is a battle, we are winning.

oh yeah i forgot.....

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2006, 03:40:24 PM »
Actually, Dec. 25 is the birthday of Saturn. That's some real shit, then the Romans celebrated that as the birth of Ceasar, 'cause the Ceasar is suppose to be godlike. Jesus real name is not Jesus, it's Yoshua, and he was more than likely born in April.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2006, 04:28:07 PM »
Actually, Dec. 25 is the birthday of Saturn. That's some real shit, then the Romans celebrated that as the birth of Ceasar, 'cause the Ceasar is suppose to be godlike. Jesus real name is not Jesus, it's Yoshua, and he was more than likely born in April.

president saddam hussein's observed birthday is also in april, april 28. 
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Diabolical

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2006, 05:16:31 PM »
All hail Rass Kass holy prophet of the west coast.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2006, 08:17:17 PM »
All hail Rass Kass holy prophet of the west coast.

Yeah, Ras Kass rapped the lyrics, but someone who is a true Christian does research into what they believe. I am a Christian, and I was raised Catholic, and I used to question my beliefs all the time. I read up on it, and I now know most of the truth, and I still am a Catholic. Take it for what it is.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2006, 09:15:42 PM »

Well his name is Jesus, in English. In Hebrew it's Yoshua. Only the English speaking world calls him Jesus (Jee-zus). It's like saying Alxander The Great's name isn't Alexander, it's Alexanthros or O Megas Alexanthros, and in Spanish it's Alejandro Magno. I don't see the point in telling a Latino or Spaniard that his name isn't really Alejandro Magno, because it is Alejandro Magno, by that translation.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2006, 03:09:09 PM »

Well his name is Jesus, in English. In Hebrew it's Yoshua. Only the English speaking world calls him Jesus (Jee-zus). It's like saying Alxander The Great's name isn't Alexander, it's Alexanthros or O Megas Alexanthros, and in Spanish it's Alejandro Magno. I don't see the point in telling a Latino or Spaniard that his name isn't really Alejandro Magno, because it is Alejandro Magno, by that translation.

Actually, in English it's Joshua. Jesus Christ is Greek, it means "One who is Anointed" which is the same as saying "Messiah" in Hebrew. (Jesus Christ is not Hebrew, just that the closest translation to Messiah in Greek is Jesus Christ, as defined above.) No one really knows his birth date, some scholars claim spring or summer, I've personally heard in detailed research on why it's April, based on stars, and what is discribed in the Bible and so on. The earliest Christmas was celebrated in January though, so take it for what it is, and the Romans moved it to December 25 because the feast of Saturn (who was the Roman version of Zeus) was from Dec. 17 to Dec 23, and that lasted a week. So Rome moved Jesus birth day to more or less have Christainity, which was now the Roman offical religion, fit into Roman culture. Now Yeshua Ben Yosef, that was Jesus given name, the name he was called, and the name he knew. Yeshua means "Salvation" which would make sense because Mary gave birth to Jesus KNOWING he was the savor of the world, and he was truly God's Son.

Don Seer

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2006, 03:34:14 PM »

I  was due to be born on Dec 25th.. but i was induced and popped out just in time for dinner on the 30th..

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2006, 03:42:11 PM »

Actually, in English it's Joshua. Jesus Christ is Greek, it means "One who is Anointed" which is the same as saying "Messiah" in Hebrew. (Jesus Christ is not Hebrew, just that the closest translation to Messiah in Greek is Jesus Christ, as defined above.) No one really knows his birth date, some scholars claim spring or summer, I've personally heard in detailed research on why it's April, based on stars, and what is discribed in the Bible and so on. The earliest Christmas was celebrated in January though, so take it for what it is, and the Romans moved it to December 25 because the feast of Saturn (who was the Roman version of Zeus) was from Dec. 17 to Dec 23, and that lasted a week. So Rome moved Jesus birth day to more or less have Christainity, which was now the Roman offical religion, fit into Roman culture. Now Yeshua Ben Yosef, that was Jesus given name, the name he was called, and the name he knew. Yeshua means "Salvation" which would make sense because Mary gave birth to Jesus KNOWING he was the savor of the world, and he was truly God's Son.

Christ is with out a doubt derived from Greek for annointed (Xristos or Christos), but Ihsous which is used for Jesus was also used for Joshua in the Septuagint and that text pre-dates Christianity. So as far as I know Ihsous which became Jesus was just the Greek word for Yehoshua or Joshua. Many Orthodox sects still celebrate Christmas in January so take that for what it's worth.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2006, 03:47:21 PM »
Did you know that Jesus didn't really die on April 23, April 15, March 31 April 20, April 11, March 27, April 16, or almost every other day we celebrate/d Easter?
A date isn't really relevent.

coola

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2006, 04:16:50 PM »
Did you know that Jesus didn't really die on April 23, April 15, March 31 April 20, April 11, March 27, April 16, or almost every other day we celebrate/d Easter?
A date isn't really relevent.

you pagan !

dexter

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2006, 09:45:24 AM »
Interesting.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2006, 10:11:16 AM »

it turns out december 25 is also the birthday of mithra.  mithra is a roman god from whose mother was a virgin, father was a god.  mithraswas a sun god/god of light.  mithra is largely believed to be based on older persian/zoroastrian god of similar name; who also appears in hinduism.

http://www.ship.edu/~cgboeree/romanempire.html
Mithra, legend says, was incarnated into human form (as prophesized by Zarathustra) in 272 bc. He was born of a virgin, who was called the Mother of God. Mithra's birthday was celebrated December 25 and he was called “the light of the world.”  After teaching for 36 years, he ascended into heaven in 208 bc.

There were many similarities with Christianity:  Mithraists believed in heaven and hell, judgement and resurrection. They had baptism and communion of bread and wine.  They believed in service to God and others.

http://www.taivaansusi.net/historia/mithraism.html
Mithra/Mitra is the prototype to Roman Mithras to whom there are several hymns in Hindu and Zoroastrian holy texts. This gives us some insight into the energy of this deity before it became fused with the great mass of Graeco-Roman magical ideas. The evolution of this deity from god of the green land, wild pastures and the solar light to one of that Invincible Sun god, who moves the cosmos by slaying constellation Taurus, has been the subject of much interest to historians and magicians.

Roman Mithras was perhaps the greatest rival to early Christianity for many reasons. As well as being a popular pagan religion practised by the Roman Army, Mithraism had many similarities to Christianity. Mithras was born of a virgin, remained celibate, his worship involving baptism, the partaking of bread marked with a cross and wine as sacrificial blood, held Sundays sacred and Mithras was born on 25th of December. Mithraist called themselves 'brother' and were led by a priest called 'father' (Pater). The symbol of the father were a staff, a hooked sword, a ring and hat.

These similarities frightened the early Christian leaders - that almost 500 years before arrival of Christ all of the Christian mysteries were already known. To combat this, Christian witters said that the Devil knew of the coming of Christ in advance and had imitated them before they existed in order to denigrate them. As Christianity gained strength and became the formal religion of the Roman Empire, the 'Cult of Mithras' was one of the first pagan cults to come under attack in the fifth century; Temples of Mithras, like most other pagan Temples, were destroyed and Churches build on them.

"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2006, 10:19:08 AM »
I am Jesus....Discuss that bitches

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?