Author Topic: ***Offical E3 2006 Thread*** *update* GTA4 officially coming to 360 and PS3!!!  (Read 6290 times)

DUB CC

• 'G'
did mircosoft give a price on the HD-DVD drive for the 360?

Sparegeez

I'm kind of dissapointed with the trailor for halo 3, I wanted more. I wanted to at least know of the new features or show an actual video of gameplay. Well at least we got something.

jeromechickenbone

I'm kind of dissapointed with the trailor for halo 3, I wanted more. I wanted to at least know of the new features or show an actual video of gameplay. Well at least we got something.

That trailer actually showed a TON of info.  You just gotta know what to look at ;)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee

true i thought so too, but i also think it's part of plan
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i was also kinda dissappointed with the trailer but its still a long ways till the game comes out. so is this going to be the final halo then?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
i was also kinda dissappointed with the trailer but its still a long ways till the game comes out. so is this going to be the final halo then?

yup, but we'll get some waaaaay better halo trailers as time goes on.

the trailer looks dope, makes me feel like i'm watching a movie with some good special effects
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
dont worry about the trailer not showing enough,bungie is just teasing us with that,they just wanna create a buzz for halo 3,get people talking about it, its still a ways off, i dunno when in 2007 its gonna come out,might find out more later on in the year..but the trailer did look nice ,cant wait for halo 3 8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Gears of War looks fuckin amazing too,that games gonna be sick when it comes out  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

black smoke, did microsoft release anything relating to building a bigger Hard Drive for 360?

nope,but dont worry they can always release it closer or soon after sony releases the ps3 if its necessary

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee

black smoke, did microsoft release anything relating to building a bigger Hard Drive for 360?

nope,but dont worry they can always release it closer or soon after sony releases the ps3 if its necessary

yeah i hope they do

btw did you see that tight ass wireless headset for 360?  shit is sweet.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^ yea i posted a pic about it earlier in this thread,looks dope,hopefully it isnt madd expensive though^

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
u guys need to play lost planet, for the xbox 360

u can download the demo from e3 on the xboxlive market place, that game is tha shit

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
u guys need to play lost planet, for the xbox 360

u can download the demo from e3 on the xboxlive market place, that game is tha shit

yea theres so much shit to download on the marketplace,im gonna have to download that today

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Pretty good read,i dont know what sony is gonna do,should be an interesting generation of consoles

Digital Culture: The PlayStation 3 Stumbles
Sony's press conference fails to build on the system's momentum.

What a difference a year makes. Last May Sony was riding a pre-E3 conference high and Killzone for PlayStation 3 was the game on everybody's lips. Was it real? What about all those other demos? And how much was something like that going to cost? Fast-forward to this week and Sony seems to have spent all that capital. And frankly, it didn't get much for it.

First there's the price - or rather the prices. The past decade or so has set a precedent - $300 is where you launch a home console. Never mind that this is an antiquated notion that hasn't kept up with the tech that hardware makers are shoving into their boxes. Microsoft was bold to smash through that ceiling and the results have been promising. The higher-priced Xbox 360 premium pack is the system of choice when both are freely available and the extras thrown in make it the most logical choice. Sony's price points for the PlayStation 3 are something else altogether.

At $500 for the base system, the company is pushing into softly charted retail territory. If you sit and think about it, it's not that bad. You are, after all, getting a fully functional Blu-ray player for that price, and at quite a discount compared to the standalone models. It's disappointing that Sony has decided to go Microsoft's route of splitting the hardware base, but at least this time the balance is tilted in the more expensive model's favour and no compromises are being built into the development process. Those that choose to go the cheap route - and when you're already spending $500, does another $100 really matter? - will lose HDMI, WiFi and flash-based consumer memory card support. That seems like a lot of functionality to lose for the short term benefit of saving a few bucks.

It's not like we weren't being prepped for this, though. Ken Kutaragi has been insisting for a while now that the PlayStation 3 is going to be expensive, even going so far as to suggest that people work harder to afford. At $600 for the top bundle, that's not so far from reality. Surprisingly, the price for the system seems to be comparable in all three major territories. I was dead set on Europe being forced to pay a premium, something that many gamers in the region have already figured in. Make no mistake, $600 is a lot for a videogame system. It will be interesting to see if, like with the PSP, Sony pushes the multimedia angle in the system's marketing campaign and to what extent.

It's perhaps strange that Sony would choose such an early time to announce final price and release date details for the PlayStation 3. For one, there's no reason for the company to do it. There's still six months to go and while Nintendo is expected to have the Wii out at around the same time, they're hardly competing against each other. There's also the launch allotments to consider.

Kaz Hirai said that we'd have 2 million PlayStation 3s ready to go on launch day, with another 2 million ready by the end of the year and a further 2 million by the end of Sony's financial year at the end of March. If that's split evenly among the three principal release regions, that equates to about 650,000 per region at launch, which despite the price seems too little. There's a good chance that the price could scare off some early adopters, but for the most part those that want the PlayStation 3 on launch day badly enough will get it, no matter what the price is. Factor in the inevitable production delays that are almost bound to creep in and it's starting to look like getting your pre-order in as soon as possible is the way to go.

The price has further implications. If, as many presume, Nintendo releases the Wii at around $200, that means you can buy an Xbox 360 and a Wii for the same price as the premium PlayStation 3 bundle. Now, there's no denying that Sony's curved beast is going to offer a lot of gameplay, but does it really offer that much that you would buy it instead of an equally high-tech console and the most radical approach to gaming we've ever seen? Nothing Sony has shown so far has me convinced to give them the benefit of the doubt.

If the revelation of the system's price caused a hush in the oversubscribed Culver City soundstage, the motion-sensing capabilities of the controller drew a gasp. It's been eight months since Nintendo began showing off what the Wii could do at its press conference at the Tokyo Game Show and that seems just long enough for Sony to try to incorporate the technology in the controller.

Things become more interesting when you realize that the PlayStation 3 controller is actually a step backwards in one area: rumble. While rumble has been a fixture in Sony controllers ever since the first Dual Shock hit the PlayStation, the company's recent legal problems with Immersion meant that something had to give. Microsoft went the way of settling with Immersion, grabbing a stake in the company in the process, but Sony chose to take the matter to the courts, where it lost spectacularly.

Removing the rumble feature from the Dual Shock probably left some physical space inside, and since there had been rumours for a while that Nintendo would be using motion-sensing tech in the Wii, it could have been a natural move to include it in the PlayStation 3 controller as well. But pretty much everybody you speak to here in L.A. seems convinced that this was Sony going out to incorporate it at the last minute. Many people scoffed when Satoru Iwata said Nintendo was keeping the technology under wraps to stop others from copying it. They're not scoffing now.

Any case by Sony that this was an independent decision instead of a blatant rip-off was hurt by the heavy sense of afterthought that permeated the feature's presence at the briefing. The Warhawk demo looked awkward as the game's lead designer waved and weaved his craft through the air and the technical demo shown looked like something Sony's in-house teams could have thrown together in no time. And apart from Warhawk, there are no other games, shown or announced, that use the motion-sensing feature.

Sony is the staggering juggernaut of the videogame arena but history has shown that there's no reason these lumbering beasts can't be brought down. Overpricing the PlayStation 3 is just the sort of thing that could hold some people back and with Microsoft starting to get its act together in a big way and Nintendo giving gamers something completely new to look at, now's not the time for Sony to be asking too much of its customers.

pic of the ps3 controller,looks almost exactly the same as the ps2 controller lol

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 02:10:42 PM by Black_Smoke »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Light Gun Shell