Author Topic: Trade rumor: Kevin Garnett for Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, Chris Mihm+draft picks!  (Read 3599 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
If Lakers get Garnett I kill 2-3 laker fans on this board
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

If Lakers get Garnett I kill 2-3 laker fans on this board

Yes, but first you have to kill yourself...

LAKERS_FAN89

^^^^^^^^^^that right^^^^^^

LAKERS FAN AND WHAT YALL CANT FUCK WIT US!!!!!!!!!!!!

HATERZ PIMP SLAP WITH THE GOLD RAG SO BOW DOWN BITCH!!! :baseballbat:

u aint going do shit

GangstaBoogy

We need a big who can shoot, we should keep Brian Cook. Bobby Jackson is injury prone and wont fit in our system...Smush is one of our biggest steals, he's definitely worth the money, we need to keep him too. Mihm, I don't even want to get into...He's an athletic 7 footer who can score around the basket, I would definitely not give up on him, we need more post players than Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum...Von Wafer and Devin Green are young with upside, especially Von Wafer...I wouldn't give up on them just yet, they never got the chance to prove themselves...However, Kareem Rush would be my ultimate choice for back-up SG...I dunno, man...I still think we should keep our main contributors in tact and get rid of the others (Jim Jackson, Aaron McKie, Devean George) and replace them with players we really need...PeACe

Brian Cook is another player we need to drop, I don't want anybody that's gonna keep missing open shots. Smush Parker is a good stealer (and excellent dunker) but he blew his chances of another contract in this playoffs. And Ben Gordon is lighyears better than that nigga.

I agree though: Jim Jackson and Aaron McKie need to go too
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
And Ben Gordon is lighyears better than that nigga.
Wigger. :P

Brian Cook is another player we need to drop, I don't want anybody that's gonna keep missing open shots. Smush Parker is a good stealer (and excellent dunker) but he blew his chances of another contract in this playoffs. And Ben Gordon is lighyears better than that nigga.

The Bulls aren't going to let Gordon go. And fuck McKie and Jackson, they probably won't even be offered a contract.

GangstaBoogy

^ i know how if its true but there are rumors that the bulls are shopping gordon around to other teams. there was a rumor of them trading gordon, nocioni, some other player and i think 2 draft picks for iverson.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

We need a big who can shoot, we should keep Brian Cook. Bobby Jackson is injury prone and wont fit in our system...Smush is one of our biggest steals, he's definitely worth the money, we need to keep him too. Mihm, I don't even want to get into...He's an athletic 7 footer who can score around the basket, I would definitely not give up on him, we need more post players than Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum...Von Wafer and Devin Green are young with upside, especially Von Wafer...I wouldn't give up on them just yet, they never got the chance to prove themselves...However, Kareem Rush would be my ultimate choice for back-up SG...I dunno, man...I still think we should keep our main contributors in tact and get rid of the others (Jim Jackson, Aaron McKie, Devean George) and replace them with players we really need...PeACe

LMFAO! Are you retarded? Brian Cook is a pure shooter, what are you talking about "missing open shots"...Smart guy, Cook shot 51% on the year and 43% from downtown...He is a GREAT shooter, the best we have. And a big who can shoot is EXTREMELY valuable when your other bigs are purely post players...You really show how much you know. ::)

And LMAO@Ben Gordon...Of course he's a better player overall than Smush, but he in no way fits our system and is a shoot-first guard, not a playmaker. Also, he's not that great of a point guard, he can't defend point guards for shit...He's more of a 2-guard...You don't know what the fuck you're saying, we do not want Ben Gordon...He would also ruin us financially. Smush costs us practically nothing and has much better defense...Stop pulling names of players you like out your ass, that's not how the adjustment process works...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
^ i know how if its true but there are rumors that the bulls are shopping gordon around to other teams. there was a rumor of them trading gordon, nocioni, some other player and i think 2 draft picks for iverson.
Rumors, rumors, rumors. :P There's always a million of them going around and less then 5% are true.

jeromechickenbone

IMO, with the Lakers current roster, I don't see them winning a championship.  Basically, anybody outside of LA viewed the Lakers as big time over achievers this year.  But NIK, why is it that KG is washed up at 30, but you turn around and say that Kobe won't be exiting his prime at 33 (with your Jordan championship reference)?  KG desperately needs a change of scenery.  See Vince Carter - he wasn't washed up in Toronto, he was fuckin miserable there.  If KG goes to a different market he'll continue to be an elite player for a few more years.  I do see what you're saying about the Lakers not making quick fixes, and I agree with that.  But if they could lock up KG for 3 years - you'd have 2 legit suparstars.  To me, that would instantly elevate the Lakers to the upper tier of the league - much more of a threat to win it all over the next few seasons than the current team.  Sure, Bynum might be great, but he might not amount to shit.  Kwame was supposed to be the shit, Telfair was supposed to be the shit, Gerald Green is supposed to be the shit.  Now those guys could still amount to something, but it could take several years.  Bynum played in one playoff game for all of what 2 minutes?  Phil obviously thinks he's got quite a while to develop. 

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, so I'd take KG and try to make something happen.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

IMO, with the Lakers current roster, I don't see them winning a championship.  Basically, anybody outside of LA viewed the Lakers as big time over achievers this year.  But NIK, why is it that KG is washed up at 30, but you turn around and say that Kobe won't be exiting his prime at 33 (with your Jordan championship reference)?  KG desperately needs a change of scenery.  See Vince Carter - he wasn't washed up in Toronto, he was fuckin miserable there.  If KG goes to a different market he'll continue to be an elite player for a few more years.  I do see what you're saying about the Lakers not making quick fixes, and I agree with that.  But if they could lock up KG for 3 years - you'd have 2 legit suparstars.  To me, that would instantly elevate the Lakers to the upper tier of the league - much more of a threat to win it all over the next few seasons than the current team.  Sure, Bynum might be great, but he might not amount to shit.  Kwame was supposed to be the shit, Telfair was supposed to be the shit, Gerald Green is supposed to be the shit.  Now those guys could still amount to something, but it could take several years.  Bynum played in one playoff game for all of what 2 minutes?  Phil obviously thinks he's got quite a while to develop. 

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, so I'd take KG and try to make something happen.

Bigs usually reach their prime earlier and slowly subside as their career goes on...Players like Michael, Kobe, Magic, etc. get better with age. I never once said KG was washed up, but he's pretty much at the point where he's exiting his prime...Not saying that he doesn't have a couple years left in him, but that's all he has...What happens after that? The Lakers got their name by building dynasties, so why should they trade away their biggest chance of a future dynasty? Plus, I like how Kobe plays when he's sorrounded by players like Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown when they're playing at their full potential, and they pretty much reached a point this season where they were doing that consistantly...Next year, they'll be that much better...All that they really need right now is a veteran guard who will contribute and a serviceable power forward. If they get that, I truely believe they will be an upper echelon team...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

Do you even know what that saying means? Because that quote defends the keeping of Odom.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Do you even know what that saying means? Because that quote defends the keeping of Odom.

LOL! yea...I was gunna say something 'bout that as well, but forgot...Funny shit though.

jeromechickenbone

Yes dipshit, I do.  It means taking the sure bet over a speculative bet.  You know what you get with KG.  A prospect is unproven.  Now go read a book.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

Yes dipshit, I do.  It means taking the sure bet over a speculative bet.  You know what you get with KG.  A prospect is unproven.  Now go read a book.
http://humanities.byu.edu/elc/student/idioms/proverbs/bird_in_the_hand.html
http://www.bartleby.com/59/3/birdinthehan.html
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/64950.html

Uhh... Try again. :P

jeromechickenbone

http://humanities.byu.edu/elc/student/idioms/proverbs/bird_in_the_hand.html
http://www.bartleby.com/59/3/birdinthehan.html
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/64950.html

Uhh... Try again. :P

Taken from your link:

Meaning

It's better to have a small actual advantage than the chance of a greater one.

In this situation, KG is the actual advantage.  Prospects/projects are the chance.   :D