Author Topic: Looking back at Knoc-tunral's album: How the FUKKK could this nigga flop?  (Read 847 times)

WestCoasta

I never liked him, he's got some choppy flows

I did like his verse on "Bang Bang" though....

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
How do you now hes a alcoholic anyway? lol like i said before its a realy good album but missing something its like i bumped when i first got it but now i just dont anymore.The song peepin tom was awsome

kingwell

To me, Knoc was on the wrong label, he should have gone somewhere else than Elektra..  Maybe that was the only deal on the table..  His album was decent and def something to have in your collection.

BTW, what was the second single for it??  He deserved to have at least 2 or 3 singles....

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
the album did have ZERO promo, but the album wasn't that hot

again, 7/10 at best
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
his situation got fucked when his initial buzz died.

if knocs landin didnt get fucked with the bootlegging and knoc followed up on that wack joint with missy and dre with a heater, knoc wouldve went plat first time around

second time around, the initial buzz died, and while fans knew knoc and were feelin the music, that extra push to get his buzz back wasnt enough.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..

westkoastanostra

they shoulda just dropped that knoc's landin in 02' no mater what...he was hot back then...even with all the bootlegs he woulda atleast gone gold..."the way i am" was a dissapointment to me....all them producers but they dropped weak shit on there...

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
To me, Knoc was on the wrong label, he should have gone somewhere else than Elektra..  Maybe that was the only deal on the table..  His album was decent and def something to have in your collection.

BTW, what was the second single for it??  He deserved to have at least 2 or 3 singles....

Yep.......Elektra was a terrible label to be on but as you said maybe that was tha only deal. Tha album had some bangers on it no doubt but since it had HUGE promotion from Elektra it failed ::)

We Fly High

i think the only people paying attention to knocturnal were people like us. to me i didnt realize had had a buzz at all, and i was living in LA at the time..

but yeah hes whatevers, someone i dont check for though. hasnt had really anything stand out in my books.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Are you talking about "The Way I Am" album?

the version i listened to didnt have any dre production, i think the "i like" song was missing, but everything else i heard, it was an awesome album

but as someone said earlier, good album doesnt mean good sales

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Well....for one, the first album he had that was supposed to come out ended up being turned into a damn 6 song EP, and it came out too late. True it may seem as if he had major buzz from "Bad intentions", but since he didn't come out right around that same time, he ended up just bein "that one dude who said supa ugly!!" The advance of that album was dope as hell, but it was made strictly, and I mean STRICTLY for west coast heads. The sound was very good for that 2000-2002 west coast "last leg of G-Funk" style, but the real album stripped most of the dope songs from it.

When it came time for his next album, I guess they didn't push the fact that the album came out, and that album just wasn't that dope...it had it's gems, but overall it wasn't nearly as good as that first advance. And personally, he RELIED on his beats to make his songs tight....many of the songs were ONLY dope because of the beat and the guest appearances on there. Some of his hooks and brigdes were dope as hell, but he didn't come off all that dope on every song. He did bring it on "L.A. Nite and Day" and a few others, but his choppy and unorthodox flow became more annoying than anything else on certain songs, especially when everybody else was flowin on point and right in the pocket.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
1st of all let me say Knoc is one of my fav. on the West.

The album itself did have an amazing production and guest line up. However, all the beats he was given were probably leftovers (except for Storchs), thy were weak as fuck. And yes the the guest were some big names but only for the westcoast audience. Warren G, Slip Capone, Hittman, Quik arent really names that caught the attention of a non westcoast fan. Snoop, X and Nate of course are but that still doesnt mean it will sell crazy.

So no, Im not surpised at alll that it didnt sell shit.

KURUPTION-81

How do you now hes a alcoholic anyway?

i remember reading an interview with him XXL where he said he was.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Bomb-A®

knoc's style is not for everyone...me for example

i hate his voice, i hate his flow, i feel like his rhymes dont even rhyme

same with e-40...for some reason i just dont like these 2

peace

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
that EP he dropeed with that Missy track, and "straight westcoast" were fukkin bangers

real westcoast shit
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....