Author Topic: Obie Trice Says Eminem Is A Better Producer Than Dr. Dre In New Interview  (Read 1467 times)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
so em is better than dre because he gives away free beats??  hahaha get that shit outta here, who the fuck is Obie to voice his opinion on producing, lets see if they asked Quik, Swizz Beats, or Daz who is better and i'm pretty sure the answer will be Dre every single time.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
^ In Daz's case,he'd probably say something to this effect:

'Nah, that guy Eminem, he's dope you know! Making it happen and stuff like that. The wigger produces himself,just like I do. Hits keep coming man, we're in the zone! I just called Em the other day and he was like 'Daz, we gotta make an album together!'. So I was like 'yeah youre right, but I want the major paper out of it!' Of course, that white nigga Em agreed because he knows no one can do it like D-A-Z, DPGC-style,you know. The album's coming next year, it's called 'Dillingent Mathers'. It's gonna be biiiiiiiiig oh and shoutouts to the homie Snoop, I love you nigga!'
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!

'Nah, that guy Eminem, he's dope you know! Making it happen and stuff like that. The wigger produces himself,just like I do. Hits keep coming man, we're in the zone! I just called Em the other day and he was like 'Daz, we gotta make an album together!'. So I was like 'yeah youre right, but I want the major paper out of it!' Of course, that white nigga Em agreed because he knows no one can do it like D-A-Z, DPGC-style,you know. The album's coming next year, it's called 'Dillingent Mathers'. It's gonna be biiiiiiiiig oh and shoutouts to the homie Snoop, I love you nigga!'

lmao, so true 8)

Mr. Humonculous

Didnt Royce da 5 ' 9 say the exact same thing n got kicked off the label??>...

I think he got kicked off (wasn't really on) because his manager said 2001 was only dope because Royce was on it or something.

Royce manager talked to vibe magazine and said Eminem was basically the mentor and Dre was the pupil. He said Em would sit Dre down and tell him how to do things. After saying that Dre wanted Royce to fire his manager and basically Royce said fuck you thats my homie and thats why Dre dont fuck with Royce anymore
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 04:59:03 PM by Mr. Humonculous »

187iWrote

• Lil Geezy
Man that Shady camp is all wack just like the brady bunch was wack. Where do they get off dissin Dre when Dre made them. The only thing Obie Trice can do better than Dre is wash Dre's car. I dont even think Obie owns a car The only car he drives is ms daizyz and ms daizy is a white bitch named Eminem.
If Proof can get it so can Obie talkin shit

peace
Rip Proof

Sikotic™

LOL @ everyone crying like Obie's words are law.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jome

LOL, not unlikely actually.  ;D

Digital Pimpin'

;D hahahahahaha!

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I can totally see that popping up on the board someday.

But for real - Eminem > Dr. Dre = :loco:

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, of course - but God damn. That right there is a wrong opinion.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Ha ha, +1

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
who the fuck is Obie to voice his opinion on producing

Someone who has been in the studio with both producers and has seen them first hand. We have no basis on jusging either as a producer. Only people that have heard the raw product and compared it to the produced one have the ability to judge.

What really gets me with so many rap fans is that they all too often confuse producing with composing. Let me let you in on a little secret; Dre sucks as a composer. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the Madden Brothers from Good Charlotte and 10 being Paul McCartney) Dre is a 2. Maybe Obie knows that Em at least hums out most of te stuff he puts out while Dre just takes it from others and put is together, then puts his name on it (making Em a 2.1). None of you guys have seen either in a studio so you can't judge. I'm not saying Obie is right, I'm just saying you can't say he is wrong.

Before everyone jumps one for "hating" hip hop let me just say I have great respect for the art. The art is the rhyming, the flow, the word play, the lyric, the patterns, the scratching, and the complex sampling. Simply looping established melodies and adding a simple drum track should never overshadow what I stated as the art and unfortunately it has and that is the main reason hip hop sucks now.

Doggystylin

Just like you said, we've never been in the studio with them so how do you know Dre does that? or if he does how often he does that, if its exagerated or not. who knows

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Someone who has been in the studio with both producers and has seen them first hand. We have no basis on jusging either as a producer. Only people that have heard the raw product and compared it to the produced one have the ability to judge.

What really gets me with so many rap fans is that they all too often confuse producing with composing. Let me let you in on a little secret; Dre sucks as a composer. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the Madden Brothers from Good Charlotte and 10 being Paul McCartney) Dre is a 2. Maybe Obie knows that Em at least hums out most of te stuff he puts out while Dre just takes it from others and put is together, then puts his name on it (making Em a 2.1). None of you guys have seen either in a studio so you can't judge. I'm not saying Obie is right, I'm just saying you can't say he is wrong.

Before everyone jumps one for "hating" hip hop let me just say I have great respect for the art. The art is the rhyming, the flow, the word play, the lyric, the patterns, the scratching, and the complex sampling. Simply looping established melodies and adding a simple drum track should never overshadow what I stated as the art and unfortunately it has and that is the main reason hip hop sucks now.

Oh shut up, we all know you think you're better than us cause you think youre listening to better, more demanding music. Eat a dick right there.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
Didnt Royce da 5 ' 9 say the exact same thing n got kicked off the label??>...

lol ye I SEE THIS COMING TOO

but seriously wat a bitch
dre gave him 4 beats, 4 HOT beats and now he goin around talkin like that

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before

Oh shut up, we all know you think you're better than us cause you think youre listening to better, more demanding music. Eat a dick right there.

No more better than you think you are for not believing in any religion. ;)

For the record, while I think the music I listen to now is better, I have never meant to imply I was better than anyone because I listened to it. What I was arguing in my post was not whether I am better, but whether or not anyone has the right to assume who is better in the studio when you have not been in the studio. And I felt it was stupid to praise someone for composing when he very rarely composes.