Author Topic: What do you think the Raptors will do with the #1 pick  (Read 978 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: What do you think the Raptors will do with the #1 pick
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2006, 02:16:42 PM »
Morrison!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

PLANT

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2006, 10:23:35 AM »
They have a lot of potential...Look at this possibility for a starting line-up:

PG Jose Calderon
SG Morris Peterson
SF Adam Morrison
PF Charlie Villanueva
C Chris Bosh

That's a young ass starting line-up with still a lot of talent. Only Morris Peterson has more than 3 seasons under his belt...I definitely see a potential future for Toronto...PeACe
That lineup looks alright....but Id like to see them trade for some new players.  If they dont re-sign Mike James (I doubt hes coming back), Id like to see them spend some money on a good, pass-first point guard.  If they cant trade for one.  They need to trade some players and try to get a banger down-low like Bosh was saying.  Mo Pete is a good solid role player, if they could get another solid posistion player I wouldnt mind seeing him go.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2006, 11:12:10 AM »

PG Jose Calderon
SG Morris Peterson
SF Adam Morrison
PF Charlie Villanueva
C Chris Bosh

That's a young ass starting line-up with still a lot of talent. Only Morris Peterson has more than 3 seasons under his belt...I definitely see a potential future for Toronto...PeACe
That lineup looks alright....but Id like to see them trade for some new players.  If they dont re-sign Mike James (I doubt hes coming back), Id like to see them spend some money on a good, pass-first point guard.  If they cant trade for one.  They need to trade some players and try to get a banger down-low like Bosh was saying.  Mo Pete is a good solid role player, if they could get another solid posistion player I wouldnt mind seeing him go.
Well Jose Calderon is pretty good, but it depends on how far he can go. If they take LaMarcus Aldridge (which they should) then they will look something like

PG Jose Calderon
SG Morris Peterson
SF Charlie Villanueva
PF LaMarcus Aldridge
C Chris Bosh

They have cap room, so they should look for that pass first PG. SG's and SF's are the easiest players to find in the league so I wouldn't worry about that. That may be the posistions were they look for some veteran help. 2 years and these guys are automatic contenders. The Raps have a good core, so trading may not be absolutly necceasry. Put Graham, Eric Williams (if he stays),  and Morris Peterson on the trade block and see what the Raps can get.

PLANT

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2006, 02:44:28 PM »

PG Jose Calderon
SG Morris Peterson
SF Adam Morrison
PF Charlie Villanueva
C Chris Bosh

Well Jose Calderon is pretty good, but it depends on how far he can go. If they take LaMarcus Aldridge (which they should) then they will look something like

PG Jose Calderon
SG Morris Peterson
SF Charlie Villanueva
PF LaMarcus Aldridge
C Chris Bosh

They have cap room, so they should look for that pass first PG. SG's and SF's are the easiest players to find in the league so I wouldn't worry about that. That may be the posistions were they look for some veteran help. 2 years and these guys are automatic contenders. The Raps have a good core, so trading may not be absolutly necceasry. Put Graham, Eric Williams (if he stays),  and Morris Peterson on the trade block and see what the Raps can get.
I agree with ya there.  Those 3 guys should be on the trade block for a couple veterans....Id still like to see Calderon come off the bench, hes kinda shaky at times.  But if they get a couple vets and a solid PG, they could have a huge turn-around from last season. 

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2006, 03:48:12 PM »
Andrea Bargnani is not ready for the NBA yet. He's a good #10-15 pick, imo. A project like Bynum, but less exciting. Nothing more.
I can't talk about the other ones, cause i don't know them all. But Bargnani i know him pretty well, since he's italian.
He's a 11 ppg guy who can't play inside and who can't defend. For sure he's a great ballhandler, but that's it.
Nice 3pts shooter, yeah. But European teams plays better offensive basketball than the NBA and it's easier to be open for 3pts.
Plus the 3pts line is closer to the basket.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 03:50:13 PM by ANTONIO »

PLANT

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2006, 04:18:19 PM »
Andrea Bargnani is not ready for the NBA yet. He's a good #10-15 pick, imo. A project like Bynum, but less exciting. Nothing more.
I can't talk about the other ones, cause i don't know them all. But Bargnani i know him pretty well, since he's italian.
He's a 11 ppg guy who can't play inside and who can't defend. For sure he's a great ballhandler, but that's it.
Nice 3pts shooter, yeah. But European teams plays better offensive basketball than the NBA and it's easier to be open for 3pts.
Plus the 3pts line is closer to the basket.
Well I hope they dont draft Bargnani.  They need a player who is "NBA ready" not another Darko Milicic or Bynum.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2006, 04:39:18 PM »
Anyway he's an interesting project. But i mean nodoby was expecting him to be that high in the draft here in Italy just a pair of months ago. He's basically a bench player in a good italian team............. i think there are other italian players who're better than him if you ask me. Same age. I hope for you you won't waste a #1 draft pick by selecting him.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2006, 05:14:04 PM »
Well Bosh is goin to be a Laker pretty soon so...

u wish
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2006, 06:28:33 PM »
Morisson!!! Or JJ...caaaaamon
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 10:58:43 AM »

PG Jose Calderon
SG Morris Peterson
SF Adam Morrison
PF Charlie Villanueva
C Chris Bosh

Not saying this would be an amazing line-up, but it's a very young one with a lot of upside. If they grow together, they can potentially become dangerous...I like it when teams keep their core and improve the team in the areas needed rather than just practically deface the whole squad only to bring in a new one that sucks just as much the next year...As for Jose Calderon, he's still young and I like his potential, I think they should definitely develop him...Morris Peterson is also surprisingly imrpoving a whole lot...Bosh and V are already established stars (well, not V just yet, but he's on the path)...They'd need to see how Adam Morrison performs at the NBA level, I'm sure he'll be decent at first and imrpove slowly... But the Raptors have a lot of pieces to work with, which is more than I can say for a lot of teams in the league...PeACe

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2006, 10:50:30 PM »
the red-shirt freshman

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8