Poll

If they were to both fight each other in their prime who would win?

MIKE TYSON
Muhammad Ali

Author Topic: ALI VS TYSON  (Read 1757 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: ALI VS TYSON
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2006, 07:24:41 PM »
I already posted links to both videos. Neither explain a how falling right jab off the left foot could knock out a man who is known for taking pinches. The same man who got up like a boly of lightning at 10 and walked out of the ring with no complaints or injuries. It was fixed, plain and simple.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2006, 07:29:12 PM »
I already posted links to both videos. Neither explain a how falling right jab off the left foot could knock out a man who is known for taking pinches. The same man who got up like a boly of lightning at 10 and walked out of the ring with no complaints or injuries. It was fixed, plain and simple.

so who do you think is better, Ali or Tyson then. And did you see my post of Tyson knocking out Seldon. check the 5 minute

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2006, 07:46:01 PM »

so who do you think is better, Ali or Tyson then. And did you see my post of Tyson knocking out Seldon. check the 5 minute

Here's what I said above when Dosia said Ali was still the best.

looks like a dive to me but ali was still the best.

I don't think we can ever really know who the best was. If that fight was fixed then any of the big fights by any top name fighter could be fixed. Now if you're asking who the best fighter for the sport was then Ali is certainly up there, along side Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, Jack Dempsey, and Mike Tyson. De La Hoya gets mentioned too.

I honestly don't know who would win or who was better because I don't know which top fights were liegt and which weren't and don't know how Tyson would fare against against the guys of Ali's time. Tyson came up in a weak Heavyweight era and had many fights pucked to make him look good but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have done well in the 60s and 70s. Ali was big money and many of his big wins are surrounded with contraversey if you really take the time to read up about the fights but that doesn't mean he would have lost the fights that may have been fixed for him to win. I can tell you who I'd rather have right now in their prime if I were a promoter; Ali because he would draw more money.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2006, 07:49:06 PM »
^ but isnt ali a hella devoted muslim? and in the muslim religion they cant keep any secerets that decieve other people or something like that. so i dont think he was in a fight that was set up.

The Watcher

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2006, 07:51:17 PM »
Tyson would take Ali for the simple fact that Ali was a boxer, but Tyson would do whatever it took to get the job done

if i had the choice, I would rather be in the ring against Ali that Tyson
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

swangin and bangin

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2006, 07:55:04 PM »
i would rather be in the ring with tyson, because ali was fast so if i took off running ali would catch up but tyson wouldnt.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2006, 07:55:40 PM »
^ but isnt ali a hella devoted muslim? and in the muslim religion they cant keep any secerets that decieve other people or something like that. so i dont think he was in a fight that was set up.

He may not have been in on it and probably wasn't. He didn't take any dives. But keep in mind that this was a time in his Muslim life where he thought Elijah Muhammad was the prophet and that Fard Muhammad was Allah, so Ali's understanding of Islam wasn't quite what it is today. He would pray before the fight started facing Meccah but had no idea that those he called his muslim leaders wouldn't be allowed to step foot in Meccah with being called blasphemers and probably get killed well before they got there.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2006, 07:58:11 PM »
i would rather be in the ring with tyson, because ali was fast so if i took off running ali would catch up but tyson wouldnt.

I'd rather be in with Ali. I'd lost no matter what but no once can deny Tyson had a stroner punch and his combos were quick as hell. Ali would play around with me at first so I could just take a dive off the first few throws. With Tyson he may catchme with a combo right off the bat and I won't be able to take a dive.

The Watcher

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2006, 08:06:33 PM »
add to the fact that Tyson would probably kill you for looking at him the wrong way
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2006, 10:32:22 PM »
Yea, Ali was a boxer, Tyson was a crazy dude from the streets who fought and simply destroyed shit in his path...2 different type of fighters, I honestly think Ali would win based on fundamentals alone...PeACe

swangin and bangin

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2006, 12:24:46 AM »
so my final say is, ali would win because of his reach and quickness. this is what would happen.
ali would dance around and if tyson tryed to cut off the ring then ali would put his fist up and throw a jab to hold him back like he did to liston, by the 6th or 7th round tyson would be tired as fuck and ali would come in and do his thing and KO. even though tyson is a crazy ass foster child ali is a better athlete.

Trauma-san

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2006, 06:59:50 AM »
Everybody ignoring George Foreman?  Help me understand it, not one person has commented on it.  You say Tyson because he was so bad, Foreman was badder and Ali knocked him out. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2006, 07:53:09 AM »
Everybody ignoring George Foreman?  Help me understand it, not one person has commented on it.  You say Tyson because he was so bad, Foreman was badder and Ali knocked him out. 

Too much contraversey around the fight. Be it the supposed voodoo curse on Foreman, the uncharacteristic sluggish weak punches by him in the early part of the fight, the fact that Foreman immediately after said he wanted a rematch then said in '84 that he felt something wasn't right that night with his corner only to later say in the late 90s that he never asked for a rematch (Sports Illustrated has the quote) and that even today with his parkinsons Ali would be too tough to beat, or the account by Norman Mailer that Ali's corner loosed the ropes so the rope a dope would be more effective, an account that is disputed by odd claims that Dundee actually tightened the ropes with a knife; it's just too much of a weird fight for me to look at as legit. Why wouldn't the boxing commission push for a rematch? There was plenty of money to be made.

Even with out all that contraversey and if it were legit, no one has ever said it was Ali's punching power that KOed Foreman. They all give claim to the rope a dope that tired out Foreman causing him to fall in exhaustion, and the purpose of your post was to highlight Ali's big punch. Let's say the rope a dope was a real and no shady business was present, Cus and Whitey would see through that juvenile rope a dope by round 2 and restrategize Tyson to sit and wait for Ali to come to him. It could never hve been the same fight. Tyson is like Frazier while Foreman beat Frazier and Ali beat Foreman, Frazier had also beaten Ali and of the three fights the one that Frazier had won was hte only clear cut victory. The second was a close 12 round decision that could have went either way (since Ali played a stick and back off match the whole way) and the Thrilla in Manilla was a throw in the towel by his corner when it was apparent Ali wasn't able to return for the final round. If they hadn't thrown in the towel many analysts and men in Ali's corner question whether Ali could have even started the last round.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 07:54:50 AM by Shallow »

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2006, 07:35:59 PM »
Styles make Fight's...
A Fighter will never look the same twice against all opponent's.

It's a toss up...
"Prime" Clay, the Boxer (True)
             Vs.
"Prime" Tyson the Slugger (True)

Gimme Clay in 8
---------------------------------------------
"Post Prison"
Ali (Rope-a-Dope, Plodding, Toe 2 Toe, Slugger)
                        Vs.
Tyson (Post Rape Trial, First release, 2Pac Entrance)

Gimme Tyson in 3
---------------------------------------------

The 2 biggest single attraction's in Boxing (of their generation)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2006, 07:52:15 PM »

Too much contraversey around the fight. Be it the supposed voodoo curse on Foreman, the uncharacteristic sluggish weak punches by him in the early part of the fight, the fact that Foreman immediately after said he wanted a rematch then said in '84 that he felt something wasn't right that night with his corner only to later say in the late 90s that he never asked for a rematch (Sports Illustrated has the quote) and that even today with his parkinsons Ali would be too tough to beat, or the account by Norman Mailer that Ali's corner loosed the ropes so the rope a dope would be more effective, an account that is disputed by odd claims that Dundee actually tightened the ropes with a knife; it's just too much of a weird fight for me to look at as legit. Why wouldn't the boxing commission push for a rematch? There was plenty of money to be made.

Even with out all that contraversey and if it were legit, no one has ever said it was Ali's punching power that KOed Foreman. They all give claim to the rope a dope that tired out Foreman causing him to fall in exhaustion, and the purpose of your post was to highlight Ali's big punch. Let's say the rope a dope was a real and no shady business was present, Cus and Whitey would see through that juvenile rope a dope by round 2 and restrategize Tyson to sit and wait for Ali to come to him. It could never hve been the same fight. Tyson is like Frazier while Foreman beat Frazier and Ali beat Foreman, Frazier had also beaten Ali and of the three fights the one that Frazier had won was hte only clear cut victory. The second was a close 12 round decision that could have went either way (since Ali played a stick and back off match the whole way) and the Thrilla in Manilla was a throw in the towel by his corner when it was apparent Ali wasn't able to return for the final round. If they hadn't thrown in the towel many analysts and men in Ali's corner question whether Ali could have even started the last round.

As I said. Tyson would need to fight older, rope a dope Ali to stand a chance. There is no way in hell Iron Mike Tyson, The Dynamite Kid Mike Tyson, 2Pac Entrance Mike Tyson, or any other Tyson you want, can beat Cassius Clay. Clay would wipe the floor with the under trained pit bull.