Author Topic: Im sick and tired of.....  (Read 653 times)

whatthehell

Re: Im sick and tired of.....
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2006, 10:02:35 PM »
Some of this internet drama is hilarious  8)

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2006, 10:13:38 PM »

Yup! Dubcc is like a soap opera

The Best of 3 Worlds

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2006, 10:14:13 PM »

Yup! Dubcc is like a soap opera

LMAO, Gotta love it!

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2006, 12:01:30 AM »
Any time someone doesnt completely feel new music from a WC artist like Kurupt, Snoop, Eiht, Warren G, Too Short, Daz etc there are always the people that come and say "your expectations were to high"  or  "You expected a dogg food album thats why you hate it"   lmao I hate that shit.  For example I thought that Candy track was horrid and not because I was expecting a 95 sounding bay/la collab but because I was expecting a somewhat decent track and it blowed.

If someone doesnt like "Cali Iz Ative"  its not cause they were expecting a doog food album, maybe the album just sucked.

The truth is sometimes people do expect too much though (and you are right, sometimes the record just sucks). For example, the Candy track was obviously just a throw away that they tossed out there. They probably figured  "fuck it, this aint the best song, but if d4l can go gold off laffy taffy, this might make some noise too."

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2006, 12:21:03 PM »
the quality of hip hop albums started to suffer drastically right around the time that internet downlaoding became a major factor in the game...

so much emphasis was put on rappers getting money through other avenues like clothing lines and acting and liquor ads and ringtones because they werent breaking bread from album sales anymore and if your putting all your energy into the busness aspect of the industry ultimately the art suffers.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2006, 05:00:20 PM »
I'm tired of people being called dick riders because they like the new music by these older WC artists. It goes both ways man. I think overall, people just overreact too much. When an album or single first drops, people dogg the shit out of it. Then, a few months later they're like "it's not so bad".

For example, when "Dolla Bill" by 213 leaked, damn near everybody shitted on it, saying it shouldn't make the album. Then, when the "The Hard Way" came out, everyone was like "where's Dolla Bill? it should've been on there".

I dunno man. Maybe I'm just tired of all the negativity on here. But I understand where you're coming from.

yeah for the most part a lot of people on this forum are critics. but you have to admit that most of these older artist are garbage now.

2006 snoop can't compare with 1993 snoop
2006 kurupt can't compare with 1995 kurupt

and again, im not asking for g-funk, im asking for the quality material they delivered. listen to anything kurupt has put out in the last few years and tell me you honestly believe he spent more than 10 minutes writing it. and keep in mind this is my favorite rapper im talkin about. as a fan im upset that i spend my money on some material that he wrote just to put out as fast as possible and get paid for.

they do shiet like that, then wonder why they can't get major deals. probably because half of your original fanbase is pissed at you for waisting their money for the last 5 years.

i agree, but i liked couple tracks from the cali iz active album it wasnt that horrible. Throwin Up Da C is bangin. yea u cant compre 2006 snoop with 1993 snoop cuz they have different sound and the rap game is totally different. but who cares its not like their gonna go back to g-funk or start spending hours n hours on a track fuck it i grow into it, whether it be snoop,spice1, or anyother westcoast rappers "U PEOPLE" say that fell off.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2006, 05:03:14 PM »
If everybody was burning my shit instead of buying it, i wouldnt put in as much work as i used to either...Can you blame Kurupt for not always putting out 100 percent even if he brings it back to the Streetz Day he wont sell more then 100k cuz of Cd Burners and free Dl's....So can you really blame artists who put out lazy albums?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2006, 05:05:29 PM »
If everybody was burning my shit instead of buying it, i wouldnt put in as much work as i used to either...Can you blame Kurupt for not always putting out 100 percent even if he brings it back to the Streetz Day he wont sell more then 100k cuz of Cd Burners and free Dl's....So can you really blame artists who put out lazy albums?

to a certain extent I agree but you just cant think like that if you are a rapper, every single artist loses sales to burners and dl's but there are still some hot records getting released still

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2006, 05:09:17 PM »

to a certain extent I agree but you just cant think like that if you are a rapper, every single artist loses sales to burners and dl's but there are still some hot records getting released still

Youre Right, but maybe it would be better if they knew people werent getting there music for free...>Maybe thats why all these guys were better in the mid 90's....

The Best of 3 Worlds

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2006, 05:11:57 PM »

Youre Right, but maybe it would be better if they knew people werent getting there music for free...>Maybe thats why all these guys were better in the mid 90's....

yeah and I know if I was a artist all the Downloads would piss me off real bad but as a fan I think I speak for most here when I say I dont have the money to buy every single album and mixtape and thats why I download.  I try and buy the albums I really like but I want to hear everything that everyone releases so yeah lol I download a whole lot

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2006, 05:47:36 PM »

yeah and I know if I was a artist all the Downloads would piss me off real bad but as a fan I think I speak for most here when I say I dont have the money to buy every single album and mixtape and thats why I download.  I try and buy the albums I really like but I want to hear everything that everyone releases so yeah lol I download a whole lot

True, but in an artists eyes its probably like "whats ten bucks"...Plus anytime you know that you arent making what you should that is always in the back of your mind...

The Best of 3 Worlds