Author Topic: 95% Of The Time School Is Unnecessary  (Read 1691 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
95% Of The Time School Is Unnecessary
« on: August 29, 2006, 01:12:50 AM »
Anything you want to learn you can just go get the books on your own, surf the internet, and ask people who know. 

Now, if the point of school is having a certificate or degree to prove proficiency in a particular field, then rather than school, they should just have exams and  other practical tests where people can prove their worth to a perspective employer. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sikotic™

Re: 95% Of The Time School Is Unnecessary
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 01:18:23 AM »
Very true. Especially the higher you go in education. You realize how much of it is beaurocratic BS.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WestCoasta

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 01:20:01 AM »
you only learn something if you're interested, no matter where

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 01:23:15 AM »
especially MATH!! FUCKIN A MAN! Ive avoided it in college as long as I can but I finally couldnt dodge it nemore.  Today was the first day of the semester :-\  Math is so pointless though, I am never gonna use this stupid shit ever, fuck math

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 02:00:17 AM »
I use math on the daily...

I was getting low-ish math grades throughout school.. then i started on a computer course.. i had to retake the same maths test again that year.. i skipped these extra lessons for the whole year bar a bunch at the beginning and end.. so basically about 15 lessons.. and i passed it.. just coz i'd learned how to look at things right through other experiences..

IMO its not enough to teach someone something.. they have to know WHY. a twist on the old "teach a man to fish" thing

teaching a man to teach himself is one of the best skills you can do. my job today everything I do is self taught, and i'm learning daily.. and i've learned to find the information I need to get my job done.

i found that through my experiences that teaching style helps a great deal
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 02:03:29 AM by Overseer »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 02:21:34 AM »
i've always have been good at math , that's why i will be bill gate's accountant when i get my masters from USC  8)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

WestCoasta

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 02:33:10 AM »
I lied to my counselor when asked if I passed my math high school exit exam

some california test to get outta high school that went in effect a few years ago in order to graduate

I got in a situation somehow where the lady had to mark down something when filling out a paper about me

and instead of looking for proof that I passed she asked me and I said yes tho I failed

and in 9th grade my teacher was an idiot and would give us the answer

then in 10th grade I payed the kid in front of me $20 to write on little pieces of paper the answers to the final

pretty much because I missed class a few times a week

so I cheated through high school math, I don't know shit when it starts getting into algebra  :-X

ecrazy

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 02:49:24 AM »
Math is the reason it took me so long to transfer outta comm. college

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 11:23:18 AM »
Yes it is bullshit. You could be a genius with no schooling and not get a job because you don't got a piece of paper.

J Bananas

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 01:09:13 PM »
school is what u make it, i loved it, not cuz i learned shit, but you really learn your social skills there and how to have a face to face convo with whoever you want. bryan just hates it cuz he was always picked on  :P

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 01:15:47 PM »
school is a failing system. quarter of the kids learn bout illegitimate shit they can do  n usually end up most likely in jail n the lucky smart ones become the big dope dealers n mob heads.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

J Bananas

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 01:22:37 PM »
school is a failing system. quarter of the kids learn bout illegitimate shit they can do  n usually end up most likely in jail n the lucky smart ones become the big dope dealers n mob heads.

wtf?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 02:30:18 PM »
95%? I don't think so.

Just because you guys don't use adavance level math and sciences doesn't mean they aren't useful. They drive our technological industries. If Math and Science weren't taught in school then none of you would be on your PCs even posting these messages. Sure you can learn on your own, and I agree with Sik that theorhetically a person can take a high school level degree and enter most jobs by learning what they need to independantally rather than through College, but you can neve take away what direct competition can do for your learning as well peer study. You can learn a lot more by trying to one up your classmates or catch up and by working with them. Even outside of the school system is a lot easier to learn with a teacher of some sort than just by reading.

Infinite; how far do you think your knowledge and uderstand of Islam has come since learning from various Imams, as opposed from just reading yourself. Am organized governemt regulated system may not be perfect but I've yet to see a better way to teach the masses.

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 02:44:01 PM »
You're on to something.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 06:09:32 PM »

Infinite; how far do you think your knowledge and uderstand of Islam has come since learning from various Imams, as opposed from just reading yourself. Am organized governemt regulated system may not be perfect but I've yet to see a better way to teach the masses.

Read my opening thread again man.  I didn't say everything had to be independant study, read it again, I said "or ask someone who knows".

And as far school and "teaching the masses", let's say 24 people all want to learn the same thing.  So you would think if they all chipped in and paid the teacher to teach them it would be less money then if you hired an individual private tutor.  But even at the community colleges people are paying $500 dollars for classes, you could get your own tutor and get 1 on 1 attention for way cheaper than that; and the learning would be much more effective.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)