Author Topic: Manchester United vs Celtic  (Read 723 times)

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
Re: Manchester United vs Celtic
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2006, 03:04:39 PM »
Typical stuffy fuckin Rags  >:(

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2006, 03:17:18 PM »
Notable chances for Man Utd apart from their goals:

Rooney thru - telegraphed his shot for Boruc.

Telfer almost scoring an own goal.

Rooney missing from close range from the rio cross.

That was it, Boruc played well but he wasn't exceptional.

To quote you, Man Utd had 6 shots on target: 3 goals, saha's original shot for the 3rd goal, rooney's shot and 1 other!!  that was it.

So how from that ^^ can you honestly say Boruc was M.O.M.   insane statement

Please take the green and white blinkers off, yeah you performed better than most people (and myself) included expected

Boruc had a good game no one can deny it, I never said anywhere that he was exceptional I didn't think any player on the park was outstanding but out of it all I thought that Boruc, (who made 5 saves including the save before the 3rd goal which broke back to Saha) IMO was the MOTM just ahead of Saha, football is all about opinions remember, and Boruc got 9 out of 10 on the Sky Sports website so its not just me thats insane  :P

I watched it and what pressure did you really put Man Utd under? How busy was Van Der Sar?

Oh and the ref, yeah the same one from Seville where you lost to Porto is this going to be the blame from the Celitc fans?

The main stat Mac is 3 points for man utd and 0 for Celtic, you can claim a moral victory all you wish but celtic have still to win a game away from home in the Champions League

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 03:29:18 PM by TheDeli »

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2006, 03:32:53 PM »
Man Utd had 6 shots on target, 3 of them were goals.  Hence the most saves Boruc made was 4 (including the header from telfer) every other save would have been something that was going wide which shouldn't really be credited as a save.

And instead of making comments about me looking at the game in a one-sided manner how about tryin to point out or try to prove how i am wrong?

for example, give me some examples of clear cut chances than the ones i mentioned above?  everything i said is on point.
NO MORE WAR

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2006, 03:40:53 PM »
game was a fucking disgrace... deserved a point atleast..

All the english papers writing us off, saying 3-0 4-0 to united easy.. fuck them, they dont know shit..

celtic could easily cut it in the english premier..

UP THE RA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 03:46:08 PM by Boo-Yaa »

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2006, 03:44:07 PM »
I agree that the stats don't add up but from the UEFA website

47'      (3 - 2) Solskjær (Man. United) scores!
Saha goes close to a hat-trick but is denied by a fine Boruc save

64'    Boruc (Celtic) makes a save.

70'    Boruc (Celtic) makes a save

84'    Boruc (Celtic) makes a save

Oops it was 4 saves that Boruc made - my mistake  :-[ I'll  put my hands up and admit that I counted his save in the 47th minute twice. so I was wrong there sorry for the false stat

I'm not the only one that thinks that Boruc played well and that Man Utd could have scored more

"Celtic had a go all night which is typical of the history of that club but in fairness to our lads, some of our attacking play was really good and we could have had more goals," Ferguson told Sky Sports.

Boruc was in magnificent form, and he produced his best save of a busy evening from his own defender Paul Telfer with seven minutes left. - from the BBC website

Celtic Player ratings     

Player     Our Rating Your Rating   
Artur Boruc         9            8.8          - highest rated Celitc player according to Sky Sports and the same rating as Louis Saha

I'm taking nothing away from Celitc but the better team IMO won and if it wasn't for Boruc then I think that it would have been a defeat by more than 3-2

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2006, 03:52:53 PM »
Yes but I believe most of that rating is down to the purely world class and almost unbelieveable save he made from telfer.
NO MORE WAR

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2006, 04:00:10 PM »
It wasnt like celtic never hd any clear chances themselves and scored against the run of play twice. JVOH's header, Rio's clearence from Kenny Millers cross (which was a certain goal) Brownes clearence from Jarosik, Gravesen's shot, Maloney's blocked effort.....IMO very even game, 2 evenly sided teams and we deserved a point.

The Maestro

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2006, 04:11:17 PM »
Man U were there for the taking.

Boruc shouldn't have challenged Giggs - simple as + Gravesen cost us the game.

Lennon is past it and Paul Telfer doesn't deserve to wear the Hoops.

Another night we would have taken all 3 points - Man Utd are a shell of a team that they used to be.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2006, 04:22:55 PM »
Two days ago i've bought Celtic's away jersey.

You sure be proud to wear it, I want a pic posted. ;)

I've ordered it online. I still gotta receive it.
I have the home too, of a pair of years ago.
I love that jersey.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2006, 04:27:18 PM »

wcsoldier

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2006, 12:00:32 AM »
Celtic deserved one point WITHOUT a doubt.. Others news Lyon destroyed Real once again  8)

Bomb-A®

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2006, 12:17:54 AM »
celtic deserved something from the game....that save of a possible own goal was amazing (or am i thinking of another game)

peace

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2006, 06:10:56 AM »
damn, hell of a game.....i'm very pleased that we won it....

Wait and see if the real man utd fans (i.e. kuruption, etc) turn up and say shit like  "we shoulda won easily"  coz I can guarentee they won't.

easily?? i dunno, I think we were struggling badly here and there....nakamura's freekick was sick....saha had couple of chances to score more but it doesn't really matter cause we won....solskjaer again with the winner  8)  and that save by boruc what came from telfer was siiiiiiiiiiiick!!

it was an entertaining game  8)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2006, 06:35:46 AM »
Great game, great atmosphere. The celtic fans certainly know how to make a lot of noise. The large majority r also really cool before the game a few game up shaking my hand wishing united good luck etc. The downside was that a lot of them were sitting in the home section, there was a load right near me and when celtic scored loads of scuffles started coz obviously celtic fans celebrated and united fans took exception to it. It was obviously gonna happen and i dont know y the stewards didnt do more to prevent it, on the plus side one of the female police officers who tried to break up a fight near me was hot  ;D

Giggs penalty was at the end i was at and at the time i thought it was dubious, ive seen it on tv since and i didnt think it was a pen. At same time though Ryan Giggs aint the type of player to take a dive, over 600 games and i cant think of another occasion where he has dived. I really think his hamstring went and just went down as he couldnt run.

I thought we created the better chances but at the same time celtic played really well and with more of a poacher in the team would have scored more. There was two or three occasions in the second half where great balls were wipped into r six yard box but no one was there to finish it off. The return game should be great and i expect another really hard game.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:59:30 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2006, 06:48:59 AM »
The celtic fans certainly know how to make a lot of noise.

8)
NO MORE WAR