Author Topic: wii grahpics??  (Read 253 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
wii grahpics??
« on: October 13, 2006, 08:05:10 AM »
yo what are the graphics like on the wii? i know trauma be posting wii news in here like micheal jackson made the console but really.......you know anything about the graphics? i know its alot weaker than xbox360 and pls3 but is it still much better than consoles like the previous xbox and ps2?

Raspass

Re: wii grahpics??
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 09:55:03 AM »
yo what are the graphics like on the wii? i know trauma be posting wii news in here like micheal jackson made the console but really

lmao +0

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 10:31:45 AM »
is it still much better than consoles like the previous xbox and ps2?

yeah its better than those..

its probably the best non-HD console that'll ever have come out.. if that makes sense..

i hear of people having problems using xbox360s with non-HDTVs.. due to the fonts being so small etc...
like they they're designing themselves out of peoples homes.. ps3 will suffer the same way..

if and when i get hdtv (likely another couple years).. then i'd think about a HD console..

sony claims ps3 will last 10 years..  ps2 has lasted 6, gamecube 5, xbox had lasted 3 to 4.

wii doesnt need to last anytime at all as its profitable from the gate.. while these other companies are still losing on their last generation..

the ps3 philosophy is to provide the biggest, best graphics, the fastest processor, the biggest media, and all while trying to force people into using sony's new media.. blue ray.. which they've always had luke warm successes with.. betamax failed, minidisc did kinda ok in places, UMD has failed...

no one has ever come to the console race and "won" from 1) launching last and 2) launching at the highest price and 3) winning 3 generations in a row....

the xbox360 is roughly the same power and does HD n all that. but for less money.. due to microsofts software and libraries its easy to develop for..

the wii is easy to develop for as its essentially a super charged game cube (kinda like the step from NES to SNES).. but has the cool controller. and 'new' game play style.. it appeals more to someone like me who doesnt play games for more than 1 or 2 hours at a time.. and i'm a sucker for gadgets..

« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 10:39:03 AM by Overseer »

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 11:43:42 AM »
im pretty sure the graphics are double gamecubes?
correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure thats what i read a while ago

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 11:55:48 AM »
quite posssibly

the resaon it plays gamecube games 100%.. as the graphics engine (which may be double power) and cpu are more powerful versions of the cube stuff

theres a lot of dispute going on about how much more powerful than a cube it is.. till people get the lid off and push it we won't know for sure..

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 11:59:23 AM »

its probably the best non-HD console that'll ever have come out.. if that makes sense..

i hear of people having problems using xbox360s with non-HDTVs.. due to the fonts being so small etc...
like they they're designing themselves out of peoples homes.. ps3 will suffer the same way..

if and when i get hdtv (likely another couple years).. then i'd think about a HD console..

sony claims ps3 will last 10 years..  ps2 has lasted 6, gamecube 5, xbox had lasted 3 to 4.

wii doesnt need to last anytime at all as its profitable from the gate.. while these other companies are still losing on their last generation..

the ps3 philosophy is to provide the biggest, best graphics, the fastest processor, the biggest media, and all while trying to force people into using sony's new media.. blue ray.. which they've always had luke warm successes with.. betamax failed, minidisc did kinda ok in places, UMD has failed...

no one has ever come to the console race and "won" from 1) launching last and 2) launching at the highest price and 3) winning 3 generations in a row....

the xbox360 is roughly the same power and does HD n all that. but for less money.. due to microsofts software and libraries its easy to develop for..

the wii is easy to develop for as its essentially a super charged game cube (kinda like the step from NES to SNES).. but has the cool controller. and 'new' game play style.. it appeals more to someone like me who doesnt play games for more than 1 or 2 hours at a time.. and i'm a sucker for gadgets..

thats true man. I got a 360 but no HD tv. And with some games, like dead rising for example its difficult to read the lines. Thats a shame cuz they be forcing people to buy a hd tv.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 10:56:39 PM »
yo what are the graphics like on the wii? i know trauma be posting wii news in here like micheal jackson made the console but really.......you know anything about the graphics? i know its alot weaker than xbox360 and pls3 but is it still much better than consoles like the previous xbox and ps2?

If you're gonna talk a little shit, why don't you just pay attention to what I've posted?  I've posted screenshots several times.  Don't talk shit if you don't know what you're talking about and won't even take the time to look @ what's in front of you, man. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 11:02:02 PM »

thats true man. I got a 360 but no HD tv. And with some games, like dead rising for example its difficult to read the lines. Thats a shame cuz they be forcing people to buy a hd tv.

Yeah, and remember last year when the 360 came out and the games like Turok (or whatever the fuck it was, the one where you were hunting dinosaurs, may have been King Kong) were all dark and shit?  Even the fucking developer came out and said the game was shit unless you had an HDTV.  Kind of sad, really.  I think we've reached the threshold where the advances is graphic capabilities are less and less important or even noticeable.  Personally, I can't see a HUGE difference between a 360 game over an Xbox.  Even the gamecube on a good day looked nearly as good as the next-gen pics.  The ps2 was always a little blocky so the update will be a little more noticeable there, but is it really going to make a big enough difference that it's next-gen?  Doubt it. 

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 03:21:54 AM »

Yeah, and remember last year when the 360 came out and the games like Turok (or whatever the fuck it was, the one where you were hunting dinosaurs, may have been King Kong) were all dark and shit?  Even the fucking developer came out and said the game was shit unless you had an HDTV.  Kind of sad, really.  I think we've reached the threshold where the advances is graphic capabilities are less and less important or even noticeable.  Personally, I can't see a HUGE difference between a 360 game over an Xbox.  Even the gamecube on a good day looked nearly as good as the next-gen pics.  The ps2 was always a little blocky so the update will be a little more noticeable there, but is it really going to make a big enough difference that it's next-gen?  Doubt it. 

Yep thats true. It looks maybe a little bit better. But then you see it on a HD tv its a major difference, my homie got a 720p tv and all the games look great on his tv. Its like buying something and not using its full capabilities. But im gonna wait till 1080p tv's are cheaper. And 1080p thats real next gen.

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 05:38:36 AM »
See my deal though is I think they look good enough.  It's not worth a 2000 dollar t.v. to make them look a little better.  I probably won't have a hdtv for a couple years or more, because I just don't need it.  I've got I think a 27" t.v. and the graphics on most systems look fine. 

Chief

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 09:57:39 AM »
all i can say is my mate has a HDTV big ass screen and all that... the graphics on 360 are awesome, theyre quite a bit better than x-box graphics... about the same diff you had from ps and ps2... get further down the line, the graphics will be better as the games get better too.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 04:43:56 PM »
So, if you're playing it on a big screen, great!.... if not.... well.... so what?

Chief

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 03:58:10 AM »
^then get a big screen! if you want the full quality that the console can give you, then get the equipment that can handle the quality!

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 04:01:05 AM »

i've got a 28" 100hz widescreen toshiba telly.. its gonna be awesome on that shit!

already rearranged my bedroom so i can sit in a good gaming position!

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 06:01:02 AM »
^then get a big screen! if you want the full quality that the console can give you, then get the equipment that can handle the quality!

Or.... just buy the cheaper system designed for my cheaper t.v.  I'd rather not spend 3 grand this christmas to play a fucking video game, thank you very much.