Author Topic: LOOKS LIKE THE GAME WILL FLOP  (Read 1445 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: LOOKS LIKE THE GAME WILL FLOP
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 09:29:39 PM »
that shit was foul.

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 03:59:09 AM »
One Blood is gettin a lot of spins over here in UK!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

XaNdEr

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 04:08:32 AM »
i dont watch much music tv or listen 2 radio much, but i dont see his album floppin, for the simple fact he has a buzz, unlike some other artists puttin out album lately who actually did flop....game will sell, not as much as his debut, but he will sell more then the average record comin out nowadays

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 04:09:31 AM »
game gona sell at least the very least 2 million records. And by the end of 2007 i say reach 3-4

You're fuckin playin yourself, then.

If he gets more than a Platinum plaque, I'll be surprised.  You need successful singles to stay on the charts long enough to do that well, and so far, none of Game's singles have gotten much national rotation (those of y'all in Cali talkin bout hearing "One Blood" on the radio...of course, what do you think, it's Cali!  But Cali ain't the rest of America).

Well actually....I am from L.A., but I go to school in Florida, and I'm always bouncin around diff cities out here. I've heard "One blood" and "Let's ride" in rotation in Florida and in Atlanta...matter of fact, "Let's ride" was gettin played in Atlanta back in September.

But y'all are crazy to think Game doesn't have any publicity goin right now...he's the main subject of talk on nearly every rap board, either right behind Jay or even above him....he's been all over BET, on 106 n Park, commercials, and on the Hip Hop awards that will show the same day his album is released...they are talkin bout him in many different magazines.....he has a remix to his song that is ridiculous in that it has 25 of the top 40 rappers in the game, on ONE fuckin song!!! Regardless of if you think the song sounds like it was thrown together (which it was most likely)......NO ONE in history has even attempted to do something this ridiculous...let alone actually pulled it off!! Most rappers would be lucky to get 8 of these 25 rappers on their album or mixtape, let alone one song! So that there is major promotion, because many people are just like "damn...he must be major to do somethin like that".

I definitely don't think he's floppin...he's doin AT LEAST 250 K...anything less will surprise me.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 05:40:23 AM »
It's not gonna do as well as his previous, but that's just 'cause as we all know, record sales are down. There's only been one platinum plaque for Hip-Hop this year, right? If the album goes platinum plus, I'd say it did well.

I'm guessing 200-300K the first week out. But we'll see for sure in a week, won't we?

AfterMathematics

• 'G'
  • West Coast Represent for all y'all
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 06:55:44 AM »
As long as it isn't 140,000 the first week..UGH!  8)

I predict that the album will go at least platinum domestic, double plat worldwide at the end of its run.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 06:58:28 AM by AfterMathematics »

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 06:57:03 AM »
Can't say what dude's gonna do saleswise, but One Blood definitely got quite a few spins out here in NYC. I haven't heard much love for Let's Ride tho.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 08:01:45 AM »
^yea nobody really cares now that they know there's no Dre on it.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 08:26:29 AM »
I doubt he's gonna flop. He'll probably do 300-400 the first week.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

ABN

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2006, 09:35:55 AM »
^yea nobody really cares now that they know there's no Dre on it.
most people that i know are happy that Dre´s not on it coz a lot of people think he´s been coming with weaks beats lately. i don´t agree with them, but these days just having Dre on your album won´t equal success. in the late 80´s to mid 90´s you´d sell just if Dre had a joint or 2 on your shit. it was the same in the early 2000´s but times have changed.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2006, 09:51:51 AM »
I think he'll flop too. Everyone is talkin about him but I don't hear him getting many radio/video spins either. Then again I don't watch videos or listen to the radio much, so take it for what it's worth.
Let's Ride gets played all the time in San Diego. Same with the One Blood remix with Mitchey Slick.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2006, 09:56:56 AM »
radio isn't backing him at all. outside of L.A., hes barley getting any spins.  they don't even play his record in the bay area. what does that say?

i just checked billboard and monica's awful record that sounds like grillz is getting more play than Game.

too much black balling going on.

all that means is that he's making good musci cuz everybody who makes good music NEVER SALES ANYMORE think about it too LUPE FIASCO made a GREAT album and didn't sell shit but he's NICE he's better than game lyrically.

LatinoThugPassion

• 'G'
  • Theze Nuttz
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2006, 11:23:23 AM »
games lets ride and one blood stay being played in power 105 and hot97 and every morning lets ride is on MTV as i get ready for class
Latin Thug Passion

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2006, 12:55:43 PM »
game gona sell at least the very least 2 million records. And by the end of 2007 i say reach 3-4

You're fuckin playin yourself, then.

If he gets more than a Platinum plaque, I'll be surprised.  You need successful singles to stay on the charts long enough to do that well, and so far, none of Game's singles have gotten much national rotation (those of y'all in Cali talkin bout hearing "One Blood" on the radio...of course, what do you think, it's Cali!  But Cali ain't the rest of America).
You don't need singles to make it big.  It's gotta be meaningful..not pointless.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 09:05:39 AM »
LOL at the title of this topic... the day after games cd drops...lol