Author Topic: Arenas says Kobe is better than LeBron and Wade  (Read 471 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Arenas says Kobe is better than LeBron and Wade
« on: January 04, 2007, 11:43:21 AM »
Truthfully, it's hard to go at somebody who's the best player in the league. That's just like Dominique going at M.J. It's like, 'C'mon now, you know you're not even in his league.' So there's no point. Truthfully, there's no point....It's hard for me sometimes, when I hear LeBron or D-Wade [as] the No. 1 players in this league, and it's like they look past what [Kobe's] done, what A.I.'s done, because they're getting older. At the end of the day, until they're gone, until they're getting dominated, they're still the No. 1 and 2 players in this league.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2007/01/gilbert_thoughts_part_iii.html

dunno if this has been posted, but im sure many at this board would agree with his statement lol

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Arenas says Kobe is better than LeBron and Wade
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 11:45:36 AM »
Don't get mad get glad, people got tired of watching Kobe and Iverson, they want something new, that's why Wade gets the hype, who cares if Kobe is still better.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sparegeez

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 12:39:28 PM »
Lebron says Kobe is better than Lebron.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 01:16:30 PM »
Gilbert always shows K.B. love. Which is another reason why I didn't like it when Kobe attacked him.

Don't get mad get glad, people got tired of watching Kobe and Iverson, they want something new, that's why Wade gets the hype, who cares if Kobe is still better.

Wade's days are numbered. Trust me. That guy is very athletic, but has zero skills/fundamentals. All it's gonna take is one injury to take away that quick first step then what does he have to fall back on? Oh yeah I forgot, he's shooting a whopping 11% from the 3point line  ::)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 01:30:21 PM »
Good looks don't hurt either. Him being on People Magazine's 50 most beautiful people (or something like that) definitely pushed his popularity.

People want new Icons of the league, that's just what it is. And it's not just about on-court stuff either.
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 01:44:14 PM »
^no that's exactly what it's about. Otherwise you're pretty much saying Wade is better than Kobe because he's one of People Magazine's 50 most beautiful people.

:camp:

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 02:05:04 PM »
It's not about whose the better basketball player, it's about why certain people chose to promote Wade more than Kobe.
No, it's not a sin

Jakubs

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 03:50:06 PM »
Not a Lakers fan, but I think Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 06:30:45 PM »
I think everybody pretty much knows this by now...

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 06:31:39 PM »
Shit, the way Arenas has been playing I'll put him before James & Wade aswell.. :-X

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 07:08:23 PM »

usually people wanna see somethin new and EXCITING, not just new. wade is a boring as fuck compared to kobe or AI.

Wade's days are numbered. Trust me. That guy is very athletic, but has zero skills/fundamentals. All it's gonna take is one injury to take away that quick first step then what does he have to fall back on? Oh yeah I forgot, he's shooting a whopping 11% from the 3point line  ::)

agreed

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 07:26:06 PM »
Shit, the way Arenas has been playing I'll put him before James & Wade aswell.. :-X

word, arenas is tearin shit up. its a lil scary watchin him (if ur rootin for his team at least) because he takes so many crazy shots, like that long ass 3-point game winner yesterday. but it also makes him one of the most exciting players to watch in the nba.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 07:47:23 PM »

word, arenas is tearin shit up. its a lil scary watchin him (if ur rootin for his team at least) because he takes so many crazy shots, like that long ass 3-point game winner yesterday. but it also makes him one of the most exciting players to watch in the nba.

that winner was sick, he was walking away even before he knew he had hit the basket.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Citizen-Y

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 09:07:34 PM »
Gilbert always shows K.B. love. Which is another reason why I didn't like it when Kobe attacked him.

He's .283% and besides, shooting threes aren't his game.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 09:17:59 PM »

He's .283% and besides, shooting threes aren't his game.

Anything beyond the free-throw line isn't his game.