Author Topic: The OFFICIAL UFC Thread  (Read 11058 times)

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The OFFICIAL UFC Thread
« Reply #540 on: July 31, 2007, 07:13:58 PM »
Leben took Terry Martin over Swick ?? lol.. he's gonna get his ass beat twice as hard. Leben is just a can crusher.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #541 on: July 31, 2007, 10:52:38 PM »
lol for real, Hopefully this is the end of the line for him, dudes garbage.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #542 on: August 01, 2007, 01:46:23 AM »
  Dana’s Putting the “B*tch Slap” on Fighters

Alright, we all know he cant really do that in person, but he can do it behind closed doors. Here are some recent statements UFC President Dana White made to ESPN.com about what he plans to do with fighters in the UFC getting caught with steroids or failing drug tests.

I am putting the b—- slap on guys who get caught using steroids from here on out. The fighters make a lot of money. I have all these nickel-and-dimers starting up leagues, and they don’t steal fighters from me. There are a lot of morons out there throwing money around, and nobody’s leaving me. When what you’re selling is human beings competing against each other, there are always going to be issues, man. Personal problems. Contract issues. There are always problems.

They’re not going to get paid. I take care of all of my guys. If you fight your ass off for me, you’ll get paid. But what I’m going to do is: I’m going to wait and see if they pass their drug tests. If they don’t, you’re going to get paid what’s in your contract and that’s it.

They lose their ability to make a living for a year. At the end of the day, these guys are stupid for doing steroids.

Ok, since we don’t really know the total amount of incentives I don’t know if that is really putting a b*tch slap on anyone, but who knows, it might be a lot of incentives that he offers the fighters behind closed doors.

Here is what Dana has to say about Sean Sherk and steroids:

I’ve known Sean Sherk for a long time. He’s a really good man. He trains hard and has worked hard to get where he’s at. You and me probably have six nanograms [of the steroid Nandrolone] in our system; he had 12. Other guys who’ve been busted for the same steroid have had over 50 nanograms in their system. What my experts tell me is, there’s no way that he would only have 12 in his system. I’m not his father. If he did it, he’ll have to face the consequences. People make mistakes. If your life was over every time you make a mistake, that’s pretty f—ing harsh. How many times do I have to tell people not to use steroids? It’s to the point where it’s just stupid.

Here’s what he has to say about Hermes Franca admitting to using steroids:

That’s one of the dumbest things ever said. He said he twisted his ankle. It happens all the time. He called us and said he was hurt. Two days later, he said he could fight. Nobody is ever forced to fight. I can go down the list and tell you 50 guys who’ve pulled out of fights because of an injury.

Intriago33

« Reply #543 on: August 01, 2007, 05:45:11 AM »
Leben took Terry Martin over Swick ?? lol.. he's gonna get his ass beat twice as hard. Leben is just a can crusher.

'Malicious Martin's gonna put away Leben.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #544 on: August 01, 2007, 12:06:30 PM »
Since winning The Ultimate Fighter 4, Travis Lutter has had nothing but bad luck in the UFC. That isn’t going to change anytime soon as he pulled out of his UFC 74 match against Ryan Jensen due to a serious neck injury. Here is what he has to say on his Myspace blog.

“Saturday July 28th I was training and reagrivated a old injury. After giving my neck a chance to heal I decided I was not going to be healed in time for the fight. I would like to thank all the people that were helping me prepare for this fight and I look forward to fighting in the near future.”

-Travis Lutter

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #545 on: August 02, 2007, 12:09:52 AM »
It is being reported by the WrestlingObserver that Thales Leites (10-1) will likely be the replacement for the injured Travis Lutter in UFC 74. Lutter had to withdraw earlier due to a bulging disk in his neck that wouldn’t allow him to train properly. So now it is Leites that will take on Ryan Jensen (11-1) in this Middleweight matchup. Leites is a rising star after his quick first round defeat of Team Jackson’s Floyd Sword in The Ultimate Fighter 5 Finale.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #546 on: August 02, 2007, 07:35:14 AM »
Leben and Martin at Ufc 75?
And does nebody know when Quick is coming bac?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Intriago33

« Reply #547 on: August 02, 2007, 08:05:19 AM »
Leben and Martin at Ufc 75?
And does nebody know when Quick is coming bac?

UFN 11 will air September 19th at 8 pm ET on SPIKE TV. Barring any changes to the current card, there are the bouts:

MAIN EVENT: Lightweight Contention Match
    Din Thomas (23-7) vs. Spencer Fisher (20-3)

With the recent steroid accusations and possible suspension of LW Champ Sean Sherk, this is a very important match where the winner could be in line for a Lightweight Title match very soon.

MAIN CARD:

170 lbs.: Mike Swick (10-2) vs. Jonathan Goulet (19-8)
    185 lbs.: Chris Leben (16-4) vs. Terry Martin (16-2)
    155 lbs.: Nate Diaz (6-2) vs. Junior Assuncao (5-2)

Initially a very interesting fight, Swick vs. Leben 2, turns into two separate but good fights for each of them. Swick wanted to avenge his loss to Leben before the TUF1 show since apparently Leben has been holding it over him ever since. Unfortunately, Leben pulled out of the match right before it was finalized, probably because another loss would really hurt his career in the UFC.

Jonathan Goulet worked his magic on the Sherdog forums to pursuade the UFC and Swick to give him a shot at this fight, and it worked. He is back in the UFC for the first time since his disappointing loss to Josh Koscheck.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #548 on: August 02, 2007, 08:43:32 PM »
Lutter.... lol.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #549 on: August 08, 2007, 01:13:54 PM »
Dana White: Chuck Has To Win Two

According to statements made with Brawl Sports, Dana White is not going to give Chuck Liddell a title shot if he defeats Keith Jardine. He wants Chuck to win two in a row before fighting the winner of Rampage Jackson/Dan Henderson.

Chuck would have to win one more fight. I think Chuck has to win two fights in a row and then, yeah, he’s back in the mix again. He got knocked out in a minute 30 in the first round (in his last fight). No matter how great he is, I’d like to see him win a couple of fights and then come back and fight for the title again.

Dana White also defended his decision to have Chuck Liddell face Keith Jardin at UFC 76. Both fighters are coming off losses at UFC 73.

“Him and Jardine were on a collision course anyway … similar styles, both coming off knockout losses, both their fights ended very abruptly, so we did it.”

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #550 on: August 08, 2007, 09:20:21 PM »
Dana is a knob. Anyways Chuck doesn't really have a chance now to regain the title lol.. Rampage will kick his ass again but I don't think Page will be the belt holder by then... it'll be either Shogun or Henderson.. who are both harsh match ups for Chuck.

Oh btw, I watched WEC 29 the other night, Paulo filho had a good fight.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #551 on: August 08, 2007, 09:39:29 PM »
I gave IFL a chance the other night, only saw the last fight, nice knockout..

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #552 on: August 09, 2007, 04:01:22 PM »
Heres the fight card for the next Elite XC event on Sept. 15th

Middleweight Championship: Murilo “Ninja” Rua vs. Robbie Lawler
Nick Diaz vs. Mike Aina

Falaniko Vitale vs. Riki Fukuda
Renato “Charuto” Verissimo vs. Jake Shields
Gina Carano vs. TBA
Jaw Suk Kim vs. TBA
Kala Kohole Hose vs. TBA
Mark Oshiro vs. Tony Rodrigues
Mark Kurano vs. Jose Diaz
Tyson Nam vs. Albert Manners

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #553 on: August 10, 2007, 11:50:44 AM »
Lol@ Robbie Lawler

The Best of 3 Worlds

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #554 on: August 10, 2007, 12:08:10 PM »
dana's a bitch....Chuck is a star and  helped make the UFC what it is now. He's acting like Liddel's some scrub who has to prove himself.Chuck has earned his stripes.......ridiculous.