Author Topic: The OFFICIAL UFC Thread  (Read 11167 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: The OFFICIAL UFC Thread
« Reply #330 on: April 29, 2007, 11:06:55 AM »
So Pulver's been knocked out by Joe Loazon? the dude on BJ"s team lol

never knew that
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #331 on: April 29, 2007, 04:42:44 PM »
lol yup must be awkward..

Minotauro set to debut at ufc 73.. I hope its against Vera.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #332 on: April 29, 2007, 05:13:33 PM »
If protected a top level boxer can do well in MMA but they'd all lose against the best MMA fighters if they fight it like a boxing match. Now if Mayweather has other disciplines he excels at that's another story, but I don't see how he'd beat any top level wrestler. They'd just lunge at his feat take him down and wrap him up. Wrestler have been doing that to boxers since the days of Frank Gotch. Danny Hodge wasa pretty elite level performer in both disciplines and he'll tell you any day that a boxer against a wrestler is like a fish out of water. Of course the wrestler would have to be an elite level wrestler.

Mayweather's just runing his mouth to get publicity. "Any boxer would beat any MMA guy"? I'd bet my life savings, my house, my blood relatives on Fedor over any boxer any day of the week. Hell if I'd love to see Mayweather against Fedor just for fun. Make the stipulation that Mayweather just has to last 30 seconds and he wins. He'd still get his ass kicked.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #333 on: April 29, 2007, 09:00:07 PM »
^^^that be sweet

Intriago33

« Reply #334 on: April 30, 2007, 02:17:41 AM »
lol yup must be awkward..

Minotauro set to debut at ufc 73.. I hope its against Vera.

I thought the same, so how comes Joe gotta go through all this when he's already beaten someone of Pulvers stature?

It was good to see Nate win last week, you gotta love the heart of them Diaz kids.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #335 on: May 01, 2007, 01:00:00 PM »
Oh man I hate Nate!

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #336 on: May 01, 2007, 05:12:50 PM »
Oh man I hate Nate!
Bram u have too much hate in you ;D

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #337 on: May 02, 2007, 01:13:07 PM »
I can't help it lmao theres just certain fighters I really can't stand. I had a list of em a few pages ago hahaha

Keep in mind if I say hate doesnt necessarily mean I hate hate them, but usually find really annoying or whatever, in this case, Nate ;D ;D ;D

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #338 on: May 07, 2007, 02:50:16 PM »
bump

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #339 on: May 07, 2007, 06:01:58 PM »
gabe is gay

Intriago33

« Reply #340 on: May 08, 2007, 01:29:34 AM »
Ok, i'll throw in some questions:

1) Who's your pick from IceMan-Rampage?

2) Who's next for Bisping?

3) Did anyone see Nick Diaz's recent Pride fight?

let's get this thread lifted.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #341 on: May 08, 2007, 06:38:30 PM »
hm.. k.

1)  Its better for the UFC if Chuck wins imo, and obviously better for Chuck himself. I think Chuck has a great shot of winning it seeing as how he's most likely training his ass off for the rematch. Although Rampage has a great shot as well cause he can take a very hard punch no problem (see Wand vs. Rampage 1, 2) and surely isn't intimidated by Chuck.

So.. I say... If Rampage shows up in his camouflage shorts he'll win.. but if he shows up in the black takedown shorts he'll lose.

2)Forrest, Jardine, or someone of that caliber.. maybe Lambert.

3) Yeah it was pretty sweet.. I don't know wtf happened to Gomi though.. he was just like falling around taking punches like nothin.. then Diaz got a gogoplata which was awesome. Although that win was turned into a NC cause the NSAC are a bunch of dicks and turned the win over cause of the pot usage.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #342 on: May 08, 2007, 11:10:45 PM »
Floyd wont take on Sherk but another boxer will :D

The world's top boxer isn't planning to fight a mixed martial artist any time soon, but the IBF welterweight champion says he wants a crack at UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. dogged the UFC and its fighters in the buildup to his blockbuster pay-per-view match with Oscar De La Hoya on Saturday.

His demeaning comments towards mixed martial arts and its fighters so infuriated UFC president Dana White and owner Lorenzo Fertitta that they brought Sherk to the fight with them on Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden in order to challenge Mayweather.

But before the fight, Mayweather told UFC vice president Marc Ratner he was only kidding and had respect for the UFC and mixed martial artists.

However, boxer Kermit Cintron is willing to take on Sherk.

Cintron, who will defend his championship against Walter Matthysse on July 14 in Atlantic City, said he'd be willing to fight Sherk after that.

"I want the fight," said Cintron, who is 27-1 with 25 KOs. "I can wrestle. I can box. I can beat those UFC fighters at their own game. Tell Mr. White to make me an offer and I'll take on his guy after I fight Matthysse on July 14."

Cintron wrestled in high school and was offered full wrestling scholarships to Wisconsin and Ohio State.

Intriago33

« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2007, 07:46:54 AM »
hm.. k.

1)  Its better for the UFC if Chuck wins imo, and obviously better for Chuck himself. I think Chuck has a great shot of winning it seeing as how he's most likely training his ass off for the rematch. Although Rampage has a great shot as well cause he can take a very hard punch no problem (see Wand vs. Rampage 1, 2) and surely isn't intimidated by Chuck.

So.. I say... If Rampage shows up in his camouflage shorts he'll win.. but if he shows up in the black takedown shorts he'll lose.

2)Forrest, Jardine, or someone of that caliber.. maybe Lambert.

3) Yeah it was pretty sweet.. I don't know wtf happened to Gomi though.. he was just like falling around taking punches like nothin.. then Diaz got a gogoplata which was awesome. Although that win was turned into a NC cause the NSAC are a bunch of dicks and turned the win over cause of the pot usage.

Thanks for the response.

I think Bisping will get another "pass" so to speak, so he still has his perfect record intact for his return to England.
I read yesterday Jardine has been handed a bout against a debutee in the UFC, .. pretty dissapointing IMO after what he did to Forrest. He should be near the top of the division right now fighting maybe the winner of Rashad-Tito IMO..

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2007, 05:15:33 PM »
Joe Lauzon was a fuckin beat last night in his match. Shit, no wonder he beat jens pulver. He cames out with fire and was unrelenting

The Best of 3 Worlds