Author Topic: The OFFICIAL UFC Thread  (Read 11168 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The OFFICIAL UFC Thread
« Reply #375 on: May 27, 2007, 02:29:15 AM »

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #376 on: May 27, 2007, 05:19:33 AM »
I picked Rampage to win this, congrat's to Q.
But IMO, UFC showed it's weakness last night (Not MMA), & the sole reason why it will never be the top Contact sport.

Plain & simple, there is no closure.
And once again, a Standup position thrown blow from the shoulder's win's the big one. (+1 for Stand up)
(UFC should allow their fighter's to recover from a knockdown a 10 count ect, yet be able to implement throws & takedown's)
Figure out a way to allow striker's to have the same advantages as a grappler.

The reason I was attracted to The UFC from the jump is now missing from the modern day Dana UFC. (Classic UFC R.I.P.)
The Devastation, the closure, it is no longer there...
the anything can happen in this matchup is history. (Who remember's Style Vs. Style)
(I am proud I got to see & Experience UFC 1 when it happened, That feel of WTF? will never be duplictaed again)

We already know in this era, it's gonna be for the most part
2 tired men on the ground avoiding getting punched while curled up in a ball.
or a ref becoming the star of the match & ending it with only one punch being landed.

one solid blow should never end a Championship fight unless that punch is a true K.O.
Liddell was not knocked out last night, had the ref allowed the match to go 10 second's more then we would have gotten that Closure.
instead we got this..
Hey man we payed to see fighter's go at it in what is being billed as the #1 ultimate contact sport
But as soon as contact was made it was over...l :-\

Early stop's is the UFC's equal to a boring Quote "Mayweather'ish" boxing match.
Hey I love Fighting in any form, I have practiced & Trained been in & have gotten..
I love the UFC, & Still love Boxing fuck the hater's & yes saftey is alway's #1
but come on now, let them go.

Just let them fight, Make them fight.
Boxing need's some change, I belive smaller ring's & Smaller gloves will be the future.
& UFC need's to change up before it can be on par with the big fight.
When a Sport figures out a way to splice the best of MMA & Boxing then we will have "Future fight's"

until then, we'll get the premature ejaculation of a boring FUCK.

"Golden Boy Vs. Pretty Boy" had the build up, but in the end Sleep win's again (Boring)
"Rampage Vs. Iceman" had the build up, but in the end the rematch win's again (Dana's pockets)

What ever happened to getting knocked the Fuck out?
That's what's missing.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #377 on: May 27, 2007, 05:29:57 AM »
^^ Sorry bout the rant

But hey man Rampage is inside of Chuck's head
Liddell was running & looked off balance & could have never thrown a good blow
the way he was trying to fight he never allowed himself to have a chance.

Q was solid & just has that style that will beat Liddell anytime they fight...
just as in boxing styles make fight's.

I like the Rampage style.
(I'm a stand-up guy fuck it..)

PLANT

« Reply #378 on: May 27, 2007, 07:50:18 AM »
Rampage is gona take out Chuck, no doubt about it.
I had Jackson, I knew he was gona tune Chuck.  The Chuck Liddell reign is officially over now.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #379 on: May 27, 2007, 02:49:12 PM »
Ahh.. soon as I saw those camo shorts he was wearing I had a feeling it was over lol.. congrats to Rampage.
I feel sorta bad for Chuck you can tell he's probably feeling really low right now especially on his post-fight interviews and somewhat wanted him to win but.. guess you can't win em all. Oh and that was one helluva stare down!!

UFC 71 was great though, lots of upsets again too!! How about Houston vs. Jardine lol that was crazy!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 02:56:16 PM by Bramsterdam »

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #380 on: May 27, 2007, 02:49:35 PM »
one solid blow should never end a Championship fight unless that punch is a true K.O.
Liddell was not knocked out last night, had the ref allowed the match to go 10 second's more then we would have gotten that Closure.
instead we got this..
i understand where your coming from man but liddell was fucked last night.. if the ref let that go on 10 more seconds he could have been dead.. if you watch closely near the end liddell stumbled back to his corner and was out dazed. he wasnt properly defending himself infact im sure i saw rampage land 2 haymakers while liddell was on the ground not even semi blocking his face but i do understand where your coming from... the thing that makes UFC so great is that it is very unpredictable.. look at crocop vs gonzalez or even st.pierre vs serra both fights i personally thought were extremly onesided but in the end it was just a complete shocker.. and aslong as that continues in the UFC it will be golden...

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #381 on: May 27, 2007, 02:55:18 PM »
Ahh.. soon as I saw those camo shorts he was wearin I had a feeling it was over lol.. Congrads to Rampage.
I feel sorta bad for Chuck you can tell he's probably feelin really low right now especially on his post-fight interviews and somewhat wanted him to win but.. guess you can't win em all. Oh and that was one helluva stare down!!
you got a link where i can watch the post fight interviews??

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #382 on: May 27, 2007, 03:09:36 PM »

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #383 on: May 27, 2007, 03:45:04 PM »
i understand where your coming from man but liddell was fucked last night.. if the ref let that go on 10 more seconds he could have been dead.. if you watch closely near the end liddell stumbled back to his corner and was out dazed. he wasnt properly defending himself infact im sure i saw rampage land 2 haymakers while liddell was on the ground not even semi blocking his face but i do understand where your coming from... the thing that makes UFC so great is that it is very unpredictable.. look at crocop vs gonzalez or even st.pierre vs serra both fights i personally thought were extremly onesided but in the end it was just a complete shocker.. and aslong as that continues in the UFC it will be golden...

I just wanted more bang for my buck...lol
Pissed off and wanted to see bloood.

PLANT

« Reply #384 on: May 27, 2007, 04:25:03 PM »
After 16 pages, I think Now_Im_Johnson can turn this into a sticky thread.  Why is there sticky threads on the board with 50 posts in them? meanwhile N-I-J told me months ago this thread would be made sticky.  Still hasnt happend.   :eh:

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #385 on: May 27, 2007, 04:51:35 PM »
N-I-J ? 

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #386 on: May 28, 2007, 01:21:22 AM »
damn that shit was sad rampage only threw like 2 punches and that was it.

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #387 on: May 28, 2007, 01:29:47 PM »
great stoppage by the ref. no discussion

i like both fighters, thought rampage would win but not that fast, would have been nice to see them goin at each other for a couple of more rounds..

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #388 on: May 28, 2007, 02:00:26 PM »
Chuck got caught slippin..end of story...fuck the haters that are countin him out though...how quickly people forget how he has dominated. H'ell come back,make no mistake.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #389 on: May 28, 2007, 02:02:45 PM »
I'm not counting him out but Rampage definitely has his number.