Author Topic: 300  (Read 2011 times)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
Re: 300
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2007, 07:39:46 PM »
theres dis persian kid in my class n every1 b clownin dat nigga now sayin his race is a buncha ugly monsters n gay ppl

wow, i have a strong admiration for you people right now

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2007, 06:42:19 AM »
I went to see "300" last night...man, definitely worth the money. It's been a while since I last seen a good action movie.
All of a sudden, somewhere half throughout the movie the speakers fell out - in the middle of a batte-scene btw! - and there was this guy in the back of the cinema who yelled "THIS IS MADNESS!" (referring to the sound system falling out, obviously), and I just knew that someone would yell back "NO...THIS IS SPARTA!", lol, and sure enough...this guy who was sitting in the row behind me gave that reply.
Anyway, that just shows you how everone liked the movie. There was a chill-atmosphere in the cinema...of course it's fucked up as hell that the sound falls out during such a scene, but we were all enjoying the film so much that most of us were like "ah well, this shit's so good we might as well enjoy ourselves". Then people started translating the subtitles out loud as well. LOL...funny shit really.

Luckily, the problem was fixed after 2 minutes though. So yeah: great movie!

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2007, 04:50:46 PM »
I downloaded the DVD screener a couple days ago and watched it yesterday, it was good but didn't live up to the hype. I wish they'd do a tv series like this or like sin city that would be sick.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2007, 05:45:46 PM »
My god, what a terribly fucked up movie! I pity myself for having spent 6.5 euros on that junk. First of all, the movie presents NOTHING new, throughout the whole time i was thinking to myself, i've seen all this shit before. Sure, the graphics were pretty cool, but everything else was done on a very below-average level. Needless to say, the portrayal of the Persians is ridiculously inaccurate. Fuck the guys who made "300" and Fuck the guy who came up with the comic book... Frank something... Fuck him for thinking everyone's retarded and needs a narrative voice in the background to explain what's going on. This movie is for like 11 year olds
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2007, 03:52:33 AM »
My god, what a terribly fucked up movie! I pity myself for having spent 6.5 euros on that junk. First of all, the movie presents NOTHING new, throughout the whole time i was thinking to myself, i've seen all this shit before. Sure, the graphics were pretty cool, but everything else was done on a very below-average level. Needless to say, the portrayal of the Persians is ridiculously inaccurate. Fuck the guys who made "300" and Fuck the guy who came up with the comic book... Frank something... Fuck him for thinking everyone's retarded and needs a narrative voice in the background to explain what's going on. This movie is for like 11 year olds

i second that

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2007, 08:24:06 AM »

What exactly were you expecting? Anyone that criticizes a film like this is retarded. It's a war time film. It's Rambo 2007. It was made as an action film and a propaganda piece. There's nothing else to it. The comic's a bit different but the film served it's purpose. it's mindless violent fun and a way to feel a little better about being an American. Anyone that was expecting an accurate detailed epic about and ancient war and the politics behind it should be ashamed of themselves. The accurate part is impossible. Ask 10 different people what the Vietnam war was over and you'll get 10 different answers, and that was a recent war. We can't even say for sure that there was a persian/greek war, much less how it went down. Just go grab your old VHS tapes of Rambo; First Blood 2, Delta Force, and Conan the Barbarian, and this film will feel a lot better after watching those films. Because then you'll understand what it was and what it was meant to be. Bashing a film like this is like bashing Mr. Rogers Neighbourhood or Sesame Street. It's a waste of time and makes you look silly. The word Oscar never came up in the writing or filming of this film. People should save their criticisms for bad films that pretend to be good films, like Alexander, or Crash.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2007, 09:32:18 AM »
You shouldn't argue with this dude beacause his favorite movie is a story about a young irano-serbo-french gay nerd student who struggle to pass his oriental phylosophical course and at the same time he has an intimate relation with his communist german teacher. It's obvious he don't share the same interset in action movies.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 09:34:17 AM by P.L.O. Style »

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2007, 09:33:47 AM »
You shouldn't argue with this dude beacause his favorite movie is a story about a young irano-serbo-french gay nerd student who struggle to pass his oriental phylosophical course and at the same time he has an intimate relation with his communist german teacher.

lmao wtf
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2007, 10:32:07 AM »
You shouldn't argue with this dude beacause his favorite movie is a story about a young irano-serbo-french gay nerd student who struggle to pass his oriental phylosophical course and at the same time he has an intimate relation with his communist german teacher. It's obvious he don't share the same interset in action movies.

LOL.

What film is this?

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2007, 12:15:04 PM »
^^
Probably an accurate description of the next Sundance Film Festival winner ;D

300 wasn't really my type of film, it's certainly not the sort of thing that needs a second viewing but its a good mindless action film which just happens to have had a really interesting visual style attached to it. Its very much style over substance, but its still an enjoyable watch and does include a few little dark comedic moments along the way which is always good.

AndrE16686

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2007, 08:43:37 PM »
just saw this, everything was great, the gore, action, visuals, except it was propaganda, the whole white power/send more troops to Iraq/be afraqid of AlQaed subliminal politics behind the plot.

Al Bundy

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2007, 08:50:27 PM »

+1

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2007, 10:32:41 AM »
just saw this, everything was great, the gore, action, visuals, except it was propaganda, the whole white power/send more troops to Iraq/be afraqid of AlQaed subliminal politics behind the plot.

The propaganda is what makes it so great. That's what made all those Reagan era films so great. If Stallone, Arnie, Norris, and Seagal weren't using their mindless action flicks to bash left wing liberal nuts then those films wouldn't be half as funny. Anyone that doesn't see the propaganda in this film would vote to send more troops anyway, but anyone that does see the propaganda gets a whole new element of the film to find enjoyable. With out propaganda this is just a shallow film with great effects. The propaganda gives it depth.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2007, 11:47:47 AM »
This film was really homoerotic.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2007, 05:31:51 PM »

The propaganda is what makes it so great. That's what made all those Reagan era films so great. If Stallone, Arnie, Norris, and Seagal weren't using their mindless action flicks to bash left wing liberal nuts then those films wouldn't be half as funny. Anyone that doesn't see the propaganda in this film would vote to send more troops anyway, but anyone that does see the propaganda gets a whole new element of the film to find enjoyable. With out propaganda this is just a shallow film with great effects. The propaganda gives it depth.

Why, wasn't the message of the film that few will be remembered and that their deaths are honorable and better than them living on a regular life? So why sending more troops, to spoil that joy? :D

This film was really homoerotic.

Most of those sixpacks where probably made out of plastic n cgi n shit.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin