Author Topic: Football fans get in here and give your opinion.  (Read 556 times)

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Football fans get in here and give your opinion.
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 06:06:56 AM »
Thats a good idea, but if we pick 1990 we miss some great players. But fuck it, we could make it more recent. I suggest we make a GOAT team of recent players (playing right now) and maybe later an all time goat team.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 10:06:53 AM »
yeh a 1990 upwards team would be for the best, it'd be too hard to comment on players before that because the game has challenged so much and all you have to go by is players reps and what they had achieved.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 11:15:54 AM »
Ok so 1990 it is. BUt that dont reall make it an GOAT team. But what the hell, lets do this.

So we gonna tonight. I dont really understood how Don Jacob did the voting, but we could do it like i explained before.
WE gonna start at the goalkeeper first. Everybody gives their top 5, the 2 with the most votes advance to the second and final thread, where people can vote betweet those 2. And we should give people 3 days to vote for the top 5 and 2 days to vote for the final one (maybe more depends how fast everyone is).

So if no one got anything more to say we gonna start with the goalkeeper tonight.

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 11:18:32 AM »
Ok so 1990 it is. BUt that dont reall make it an GOAT team. But what the hell, lets do this.

So we gonna tonight. I dont really understood how Don Jacob did the voting, but we could do it like i explained before.
WE gonna start at the goalkeeper first. Everybody gives their top 5, the 2 with the most votes advance to the second and final thread, where people can vote betweet those 2. And we should give people 3 days to vote for the top 5 and 2 days to vote for the final one (maybe more depends how fast everyone is).

So if no one got anything more to say we gonna start with the goalkeeper tonight.

yeh no problems from my end, lets get this shit crackin.. so where do we post our top 5 players in the thread or in a pm?

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2007, 11:21:40 AM »
Were gonna do it in a thread so everyone can see it. But i already sent a pm to NIK, to make the vote thread sticky,
so we can use one thread.

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »
alrite nice one homie.. ill start thinking bout this and report back later on tonight :)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2007, 11:51:18 AM »
^^That's not how it was done though, that's something completely different...To qualify for WCC's Hall of Fame, you have to do it along the lines of how Jake did, and it should include ALL players by position, not just 1990+...Otherwise it's not even the true GOAT. But ya'll can do it how you want, Jake's way is just the official way to enter the Hall of Fame. It's not that hard to understand, just look a couple pages back at all the threads Jake started, and see how he did it...PeACe

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2007, 11:55:36 AM »
^^That's not how it was done though, that's something completely different...To qualify for WCC's Hall of Fame, you have to do it along the lines of how Jake did, and it should include ALL players by position, not just 1990+...Otherwise it's not even the true GOAT. But ya'll can do it how you want, Jake's way is just the official way to enter the Hall of Fame. It's not that hard to understand, just look a couple pages back at all the threads Jake started, and see how he did it...PeACe

its ok to do the american sports that why seeing as how most of your sports are only played by americans anyway.. but football is a huge global sport which has been around for a lot longer then the american sports soo to define a goat team is nearly impossible when you look into the number of coutries, time era's and legends that have passed in and out of the game.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2007, 12:03:03 PM »
^^
yea thats the case. Cuz if we would do an alltime team, then it wouldnt be a suprise anymore who would win. So from 1990 it would be a lot more intersting.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2007, 12:16:13 PM »
If it wont be a surprise, then yall know who the GOAT is for every position, correct?...Shit, we already know Magic and Jordan are gunna win greatest PG and greatest SG for basketball, but we still did it just to have it official...I don't think it should be that much of a problem determining who was the best, that's what the polls and qualification rounds are for...You can select 10 players for every position. It's not like there haven't been different eras in basketball or football, but we still managed to do an all-time great with that...

And if you're that much of a soccer fan, you should know enough about the history and legends of the sport to determine which was best...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2007, 12:37:46 PM »
i think having it 1990 and on is a bad idea

my vision for the dubcc hall of fame is to induct the GOATS  FIRST. like nik already said we already know that magic and jordan are going in but ...there's a chance that they won't

with soccer like you guys said , it goes all over the world and has been around longer....hence making the debate more interesting, so for now....stick to making it a GOAT. when we did it for the all time QB we covered almost 100 years basically. brady for the 00's , favre in the 90's , montana for the 80's , bradshaw in the 70's, starr in the 60's , and so on with YA tittle,

my rules were no rules....except no bias, so if you want to leave pele off because you never seen him play that's FINE, but don't have a whole position with all Manchester united players , ya dig?? that way the lists are more interesting and personal...but at the same time have more credibility

also with rankings the way i did it the top seed faces the lowest seed.....then when need be for bye's the best performer gets the benefit of that.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2007, 02:07:16 PM »
I dont really have a problem with either way. For me alltime or 1990's is good. Lets see what everybody else think of it.

I dont really understand how you did the voting, but this is how we gon do it.

Edit: let me think a little more on how to do this.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 02:12:17 PM by *GP* Part Of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2007, 02:14:57 PM »
There are 2 ways to do this.

First you make a top 5, where the #1 = 5 points and so on. After that the 2 players with the most votes go to the final thread. Where there is a poll between those 2.
The one with the most votes wints.

First everyone makes a list with 5 names, the 2 players who were the most on everyones list advance to the  final thread. Where there is a poll between those 2 , and the one the most votes wins.

Intriago33

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2007, 02:24:56 PM »
lol, why does it matter if makes a "Hall Of Fame", 80% of dudes on dubcc dont give a fuck about Football anyways.

Do it the way you want, but from all-time is too damn hard and innacurate. How you gonna chose a legend that you have only seen highlights from? That's no way to judge and compare a player, not in my eyes anyway.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2007, 03:16:12 PM »
Fuck it, just do GOATs for just now.

I'm sure everyone will have seen enough to form an opinion of who is and who isn't GOAT material.
NO MORE WAR