Author Topic: List of my top 5 MCs (WHATS YOURS)  (Read 3234 times)

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
Re: List of my top 5 MCs (WHATS YOURS)
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 02:54:59 PM »
1.2pac
2.Ice Cube
3.Biggie
4.Kurupt
5.Snoop Dogg
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 02:56:35 PM »
All Time:
1. 2Pac
2. Ice Cube
3. Scarface
4. Nas
5. The Notorious B.I.G.

Right Now (put out albums in the past 2 years):
1. Nas
2. Ludacris
3. Redman
4. Common
5. Jay-Z

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 03:19:18 PM »
only 5 is hard but uh

E40
Ghostface
DJ Quik
Kool Keith
Cam'ron

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 03:28:35 PM »
Often "musicknowers" seam to underrate "overrated rappers"... but i think we got a simple asnwear on the number one spot...

Tupac

I'm really sorry, but 2Pac really doesn't come anywhere near my top 5. So if that makes me a cocky self-proclaimed "musicknower" as you call it, so be it. But don't force your opinion on others... His music just doesn't move me at all, and for your information, the same goes with N.W.A (Ice Cube's early solo-career is an exception). Stuff like that doesn't move me, so they'll never make it to my top5. But hey, guess what! That's an opinion!

Everybody is right to have their own opionon.... and 2pac has never been a personal favorite of mine... but when it comes to record sales 2pac is number 1... and when it comes to influencse of the rap game, he is one of the most imortant...
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

ABN

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 03:41:59 PM »
lol at the people who rate Big Pun,Biggie,Nas,Jay-Z etc high but donīt mention Kool G Rap. his style is prolly the most imitated style in rap history along with Rakim and Tupac(even Pac took his whole thug demeanor from G Rap).

my top 5(in no particular order)
Kool G Rap
Rakim
KRS-ONE
Nas
Scarface or Ice Cube(itīs pretty much impossible to narrow it down to 5)

ABN

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 03:43:16 PM »
Often "musicknowers" seam to underrate "overrated rappers"... but i think we got a simple asnwear on the number one spot...

Tupac

I'm really sorry, but 2Pac really doesn't come anywhere near my top 5. So if that makes me a cocky self-proclaimed "musicknower" as you call it, so be it. But don't force your opinion on others... His music just doesn't move me at all, and for your information, the same goes with N.W.A (Ice Cube's early solo-career is an exception). Stuff like that doesn't move me, so they'll never make it to my top5. But hey, guess what! That's an opinion!

Everybody is right to have their own opionon.... and 2pac has never been a personal favorite of mine... but when it comes to record sales 2pac is number 1... and when it comes to influencse of the rap game, he is one of the most imortant...
technically heīs the most influental but itīs no mystery that Pac took a lot of his style from guys like Rakim,Scarface,Kool G Rap etc.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 03:44:19 PM »
I dont fuck with all time lists but here's the current top5,

1. Cam'Ron
2. Joe Budden
3. Cassidy
4. Lil Wayne
5. AZ

Elevz

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 03:47:41 PM »

1. Cam'Ron
2. Joe Budden
3. Cassidy
4. Lil Wayne
5. AZ

You put the "Best rapper alive without a close 2nd" fourth?

WC Iz Active

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 03:59:41 PM »

1. Cam'Ron
2. Joe Budden
3. Cassidy
4. Lil Wayne
5. AZ

You put the "Best rapper alive without a close 2nd" fourth?

yeah lol, the sig will be updated, cause right now Joey is tough to beat

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 04:01:15 PM »
Word, no way I can ever just do a top 5.  I can def argue different dudes for different reasons.  A lot of it is like comparing apples & oranges & bananas...but anyway here's a weak attempt:

Top 5

Melle Mel
Rakim
KRS-One
Chuck D
Big Daddy Kane

Top 5 most bumped right now:

EST (from 3x Dope)
WC
AZ
Large Professor
Redman

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2007, 04:07:04 PM »
lol at the people who rate Big Pun,Biggie,Nas,Jay-Z etc high but donīt mention Kool G Rap. his style is prolly the most imitated style in rap history along with Rakim and Tupac(even Pac took his whole thug demeanor from G Rap).

my top 5(in no particular order)
Kool G Rap
Rakim
KRS-ONE
Nas
Scarface or Ice Cube(itīs pretty much impossible to narrow it down to 5)

are you really laughing out loud at them? thats harsh. people dont have to like him just because their favorite rapper swagger jacked him to a certain extent. his sound might just be too archaic for them, they like how biggie or whoever did it better. is that really a fault?

ABN

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2007, 04:08:57 PM »
and Piff i didnīt mean it like that, i just think itīs funny that people mention all of them but prolly never heard G Rap who fathered their style. not to mention that heīs better then most of his clones

5 most bumped right now
Z-Ro - all in all heīs got 17 albums(counting the Guerilla Maab albums but not his mixtapes)so itīs almost impossible to run out of dope material to listen to)
Trae - heīs got so much dope material aswell and unlike Ro he can flip any subject manner real dope
Nas - i donīt really need to say anything about him
Scarface - just digged up some old Face albums a couple of months ago and i had almost forgot how dummy dope his catalog is
T.I. - iīm still bumping Trap Muzik all the time, too bad that heīs prolly not gonna make another album like that

bez

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 04:12:17 PM »
Buck
Banks
Yayo
Olivia

yukmouth23

• 'G'
  • Hip Hop will never die
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 05:00:44 PM »
I forgot Rakim & Krs- one there definitly up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 05:09:41 PM »

Tupac

technically heīs the most influental but itīs no mystery that Pac took a lot of his style from guys like Rakim,Scarface,Kool G Rap etc.

That is right...and they deserve credit for that no doubt... but i think 2pac took their style and made something creative and unique... in a way i dont think Jay-Z, Eminem and todays rappers are doin..

but that might be just me bein small-minded, and thinkin yesterday used to be better :)
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -