Author Topic: who in the music industry has true talent?  (Read 236 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
who in the music industry has true talent?
« on: April 03, 2007, 08:09:42 PM »
this is not just hiphop...the whole music industry....

true talent as in does not rely on purely on gimmicks...can come different and fresh each time out...can always make new shit....tries not to dwell on what they achieved and always looking to move forward....

imma name 4.....

Michael jackson....say what you want about fool, but nobody can deny his pure gift

usher...people always compare him to mj....and he accepts his heavily influenced by him....but he really has an amazing vioce and is true to his genre while always tryna come fresh..

alicia keys....not only would i fuck this bitch all day every day...this sister got talent like crazy....pure soul sister............i remember when the crazy media circle tried puttin her in competition with beyonce...hahaha....thats straight disrespect to alicia....

nas.....not many come go throwback on what they hiphop use to be on a new jam.........he can also come fresh to, but he has an amazing gift for spittin knowledge and keeping true to his roots but tryna keep things like they should be....

and my last chioce would be.....and i know i will probably get crazy hate for this BUT....

Snoop dogg........its just a personal opinion but i think nigga is so damn talented its crazy

tonysmallz

Re: who in the music industry has true talent?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 08:18:21 PM »
id of seid MJ

Barry White

alexander oneal

pharcyde

jdilla from a production point of view

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 08:23:22 PM »
I'd say Alicia Keys and Kanye are probably the most talented Hip Hop / R&B artists to come out in the last 5 years that have managed to be as successful as they should be.  There's still a few cats that do it that rely on their talent to push units, unfortunately the VAST majority of mainstream artists are 10% skill (and that's being generous) and 90% hollywood (like xzibit said).

There's also cats that have been in the game for a minute, done blew up and made millions.  They might have the talent but they can go platinum off their name alone so they don't have a whole lot of drive to be the best they can.  

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 08:29:57 PM »
^^^ word, kinda like snoop to me, i feel BCT is a weak album but at the same time i feel nigga is crazy talented...

i agree that cats like kanye and alicia are the few cats who have talent and have sold like they should....whilst mostly its the other way around....with its more being hollywood than skills....

pz

hey hey hey hey smoke weed everyday

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • rip bad news brown!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 08:37:44 PM »
damn yall forgot tech n9ne! he is the most talented artist out there! just watch his t9x dvd and you'll understand.. or listen to his cds

tonysmallz

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 08:43:21 PM »
i had sum mad tec nine album ages ago

with some crazy "fuck a Ho" song on it

where he starts screemin tech ni9e like 20 times
lol

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 08:53:39 PM »
Hey you need to listen to Tonedeff and Cunninlynguists, Mr SOS all have true talent.
Oh I almost forgot Immortal Technique then also
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 08:56:49 PM by virtuoso »

Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 09:06:37 PM »
LOL @ Tonedeff. I remember getting into a arguement with a dick rider of his and he tells me "your taste in music sucks. archetype > your favorite rapper" so I downloaded it and it was a load of shit.

Anyways back on topic. Erick Sermon is a great producer and very dope rapper. I'd have to have him up there.

tonysmallz

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 09:22:34 PM »
wtf is Tonedeff. sounds eastern european fuck sake,

id say epmd

thay used to test the tracks out on girls and if woman used to like it thayused to change it so tahy dident,

keep the mainstreemers away

especially with them zapp tracks thay covered, thay almost sound like thay from LA

Al Bundy

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 09:24:42 PM »
wtf is Tonedeff. sounds eastern european fuck sake,

id say epmd

thay used to test the tracks out on girls and if woman used to like it thayused to change it so tahy dident,

keep the mainstreemers away

especially with them zapp tracks thay covered, thay almost sound like thay from LA

are you trying to say that the eastcoast didn't sample zapp tracks until after westcoast artists did it? LOL

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 09:25:28 PM »
i might get shit for this but fuck it. John Mayer. dude has good ass writing skills and he is talented as fuck. he pretty much writes, produces and performs his own music. hate on him all you want, but dude does have talent.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

tonysmallz

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 09:29:03 PM »
are you trying to say that the eastcoast didn't sample zapp tracks until after westcoast artists did it? LOL

im not saying anything, y, r u

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 10:07:45 PM »
damn yall forgot tech n9ne! he is the most talented artist out there! just watch his t9x dvd and you'll understand.. or listen to his cds

I'm wit U on this!! Don't know why hes overlooked! he has way more talent and lyrical content than 90% of the rappers out there!! Every1 of his albums are great!!!

Peace
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 03:13:24 AM »
MC EIHT FOO!

sunnyway

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 07:09:44 AM »
LOL @ Tonedeff. I remember getting into a arguement with a dick rider of his and he tells me "your taste in music sucks. archetype > your favorite rapper" so I downloaded it and it was a load of shit.

Anyways back on topic. Erick Sermon is a great producer and very dope rapper. I'd have to have him up there.

Yuo. Gotta love EPMD!!! And check out Rahzel