Author Topic: Boss' Life - Snoop Dogg featuring Nate Dogg (Produced By: Dr. Dre) - Flop???  (Read 1376 times)

NotoriousTDA

dont yall get it ?

rappers get boooooooooooooooooring, specialy snoop. How long can snoop pretind that he is still a crip ?
how long is going to be smacking hoes ?
when is he going to grow up ?
rappers get boring so thats why i stopped buying snoop,any dpg shit, xzibit......etc...
they might only be good for collabs but nit albums. Take it groupies i dont give a fuck.

i put the old west behind me now i only look forward

the game
yaboy
bushop
omar
conejo
jay roc
technique
 and all the new west coast cats.

Game-kind of a weak voice, no natural talent but definitely puts effort forth to make bangin records
bishop-if hittman looked like him, would not be signed to the math
Omar-nice flow and lyrics, can't stand his voice
jay roc-same thing as Omar, with an even clumsier flow
techniec-sick as shit, but ain't this dude been around since the mid 90s?
glasses-nice lyrics and flow, whack voice...what's with all these raspy motherfuckers?
ya boy-tired ass topics, cookie cutter ass verse strucute but a decent voice flow and lyrics, all his songs sound like singles but that makes for a weaker album imo

snoop-regardless of what he is talking about, his voice is a musical instrument. a weapon of funk destruction. smooth man, his flow is unmatchable.

Last i heard, snoop went up to sacramento to protest tookie's death. last i heard Snoop lives in so cal with a medical marijuana prescription and there's a canna club owned by the crips in LBC...since snoop doesn't live in san fran, my guess is his source is LA area medical marijuana clubs. last i heard snoop puts on former gangsters all the time in his record and his businessses.....he may not be slangin rocks and bussn caps but dude is a crip.

no one has listened to west coast rap for content since cube last record before war disc. west coast rap at its best: funky music, east coast rap: poetry. no one is listening to snoop for poetic insight, his shit sounds good. that's why we like it.

though i agree with bishop, snoop should put out some of his more deep songs that he's made that he hasn't released

-T

word.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
I thought this was really gonna blow up - I mean Snoop & Dre together again and Nate on the hook. But it is barely getting any airplay + I haven't seen the video once on TV!!!
Is this officialy a flop!?
It's a shame though cause the track is hot...

Lol, Snoop is not what he used to be (at least for mainstream's definitions), nobody will cop his albums anymore and Nate, man nowadays people forget all about him. If SNoop left Akon on the hook it woulda blown up much bigger, like it or not.

Imo the lyrics on R&G: The Masterpiece really hurted Snoop's reputation. Like someone else said before me, half the people buying albums nowadays is girls and women, and that was the "group" who really was discriminated on Snoop's album (Can U Control Your Ho anyone  ??? ) and yeah that was definately a big blow for Snoop's reputation. And next to that all his courtcases from the last year(s) arent helping him either.

Imo, only Akon could have made Boss' Life a succes, and im not gonna discuss wether he has skill or not, all i say is Akon, right now, is immense popular in the mainstream, and everything with his name will sell at least a bit.

Plus the fatc that the "mainstream" doesnt check for Dr. Dre, and seriously what reason could they possibly have?? Dre's last beats werent bad, but nothing groundbreaking or really special. The beats were all good (on Jay-Z's album, Snoop's album, the Stat Quo song on The Re-Up, Young Buck's album etc.) but come on, those were no Deep Cover's or Xxplosive's, and y'all know it.

You might think im a fan of mainstream rap by saying this. But i can be really clear about this. I like good music, and i dont care if it's underground or mainstream or whatever other words there are. All i say is that if you wanna get good album sales, you have to make a album which appeals to the wishes the mainstream has. And Snoop made a jewel with his last album, but nothing mainstream worthy.

And half the people in here are hipocrits cause i know they gonna reply with "fuck the mainstream" but yet the same people making such statements are obsessed with albumsales. It is what it is, i cant help it.

Good post.  I agree with most of what you wrote, maybe not all, but at least you took the time to think out a reasonable argument and tried to be objective instead of just getting emotional like 99% of all hip hop fans.  I'm gonna check for your posts in the future now.   8)

Oh, and same for Tanj's posts iin this thread, too.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 09:07:11 PM by Blue Ragg »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

The_Urban_Legend

• 'G'
i reckon imagine would've been a better single to release, would've been good for promoting Dres record as well

XaNdEr

nate comes and goes, he's been hot, been not, got hot again, is not again, may get hot again with the right single

ANYWAY

-90% of people don't know what a producer is, let alone KNOW that Dr.Dre produced this.

-Would have blown up if Dre was in the video. This is Dre's fault.

-People want to see snoop/dre rap together. it's a media frenzy, and even people who don't know shit about shit remember G thang.

Xander, LMAO at you thinking anybody but us is evaluating dre's production as he releases shit. they don't even know that dre produces(women that buy music)

Noone, including radio stations, knows that Dre is involved with the track. People have short attention spans, burn the albums so they don't have the credits to read and guess what...even the people that did buy the record, don't read the credits.

toss a dre verse on there and dre in the video and MTV would have been ON it

dre is sucha  popular figure, he doesn't even like to rap but he does because people demand it so much

he was probably mixing 50's two completed albums so was too busy to be in the video.

bottomline, 50's fault.

-T

1. How can you blame 50 for Dre not appearing in videos. Dre is old enough to make his own choices. If he wanna be in Snoop's video then he will be in it, trust me. And besides that, it's not like he's working 24/7 on 50's record, cause i doubt 50 will get more then 5 or 6 Dre beats. I think the main reason for Dre not being in Snoop's video is Detox.

2. Dre is popular, lol. We live in 2007 not in '92 or '99. Dre right now, is not really that popular. Akon is popular. Timbaland is popular. 50 Cent is popular. Dre is NOT popular, at least not to such a degree that he can match with other "popular" cats. I agree he's still a big name, but i dont see the whole mainstream checking for Snoop's record just cause they see Dre in that video...

3. So when people don't know the single is Dre produced it has no spins, maybe that's true, but it is exactly showing us hte state of the game. You have to have big names on your albums and songs in order to make it big, that is really awful you know. Imo, nobody checks for talented rappers/producers or original concepts anymore, its just the same old thing with the same old "hot" producers etc.

4. So you laugh at me, but you know, you contradict yourself with

Xander, LMAO at you thinking anybody but us is evaluating dre's production as he releases shit. they don't even know that dre produces(women that buy music)

Women that buy music (a big group which has a (big) influence on determining what's "popular" in/for the mainstream) dont know that Dre produces you say, how can you say right after that they should have made it clear Dre produced that song and even have him rapping. If a big part of the mainstream doesnt even know Dre (as a producer) then why should he be in it, and why could he have made this single a succes in the first place?

5. I say it again, if Akon replaced Nate the song would have been muuuuuuuch bigger. Akon is popular. He would have helped pushing the album. By the way why does Snoop put Nate on that song when people that gotta buy his album dont get Nate on that song, but Akon. Imo, that was a bad move. I like Nate's vocals but there was no reason Snoop should have put Nate on that song other then legal purposes (when Akon might not be able to appear in the video due to label policies or w/e) and therefore i really think Snoop made a bad move.

6. And last of all. Those videoclips are played out. Man just look at it, it is NOTHING special, nothing i tell you. It is just another one of those halfnaked girls/look-at-how-gangsta-i-am videos. People have seen that already, they wont check for it if it's not at least a tiny bit original. Fuck Snoop for making such a gay ass video and not putting actually some time in a more original product.

XaNdEr

Good post.  I agree with most of what you wrote, maybe not all, but at least you took the time to think out a reasonable argument and tried to be objective instead of just getting emotional like 99% of all hip hop fans.  I'm gonna check for your posts in the future now.   8)

Oh, and same for Tanj's posts iin this thread, too.

Props my man, im just trying to bring some higher level in discussions as "fuck Akon blablabla".

+1 for appreciating my posts as well as Tanji's.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 11:18:49 PM by Xander. »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
i wasn't laughing at you my dogg, it was the idea. you cool.

anyway, i wasn't saying make it clear dre produced it, I'm saying put him in the video. it'll get more spins from the powers that be. the powers that be (companies involved) will give it more love because it's dre/snoop and the bitches/masses will feed on what's fed to them.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
+1 to xander and blue ragg

-T

westcoastavengers.com

XaNdEr

i wasn't laughing at you my dogg, it was the idea. you cool.

anyway, i wasn't saying make it clear dre produced it, I'm saying put him in the video. it'll get more spins from the powers that be. the powers that be (companies involved) will give it more love because it's dre/snoop and the bitches/masses will feed on what's fed to them.

-T

Yeah maybe youre right, if the stations and channels would show this video more and spin it more on the radio, cause they will recognize Dre & Snoop together, and then the masses will hear it more. Maybe, its just a matter of how you view it.

I think you also have to think from the point of the masses, they will like whats popular, so if you wanna sell you have to adjust your "product" to their wishes. But you can also force the people who bring your "product" to the masses (like the radiostations or tv channels in this case) to have your "product" in rotation, so the masses will get to know it as well.

I can see your point now, even though i think the single with Akon on it would do far more damage then Boss' Life with Dre and Nate on it...

Props for the great arguments.  :)

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
i think the reason for akon not being giving clearance for the video is that the label dont want to over expose him, radio will only play so much akon, people will get tired of him

hes got his own album, single with gwen stefani, bone thugs....etc

kinda like lil wayne appearing on every record during the last 3-4 months....kinda got played out...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
look mang, snoop and nas are my favourite rappers living....dre working with snoop is the best news for me within hiphop....this shit however aint shit, along with the rest of the dre snoop collabos on BCT....Imagine is a nice concept but its a sleep deep joint and the summer is about to pop off, aint nobody want to hear that, round here is a second rate attempt at a dre /50 joint....snoop and dre on a joint is amazing, aint nobody do it better than snoop and dre so when these niggaz make music and singles we expect big thangs, lay low shit....not boss life, this aint shit....

Infact let me say that snoops album is garbage too....and snoop didnt direct diss eminem....he said he dont listen his records..........white kids startin taking it over the top....

About snoop and RnG and not making hits no mo....thats bullshit....Drop it likes its hot was the biggest snoop joint since....a long as time....and it was desreved, that shit hit hard in the card, hood, club, it dont matter where you play that shit,its banging....dayum, try using that shit for your ringtone.....sounds banging.....snoop lost nuttin from making RnG.....what he should have did this time around was what he has done his whole career, the shit that made him the legend he is today, kept him relavant as a young hungry rapper to an OG ....kept reinventing himself......how he do that? he didnot listen to us...he did what he wants to do....he needs to get back to that i dont give a fuck what people think vibe and make some hits....thats the best snoop....

TBC had snoop ripping some verses but as a whole there was fillers and some of the beats were wack...

boss life flop? hell yeah nigga........snoop needs to work with neptunes no matter what some pussies on the internet say....snoop always come correct on a neptune beat....but they need to make some bangin shit again

snoop also needs to get back in the studio with dr dre....and get some inspired shit down.....snoop will always sell records........i just want to see him spit on detox next....and if after detox he will drop his last album....then i hope dre produces the whole thing....

im out

pz

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
i like all of the snoop collabos on TBCT better than lay low and drop it like its hot. master p and goldie loc whackify the song, and drop it like it's hot is cool but it ain't dre level at all to me. it sounds sillily synthy but whatever.

i love round here, i tell you man those vocal melodies give it that extra oomph.

also, what do you mean white kids start taking it over the top? i really despise the fact that racism against blacks makes someone an automatic assholes but diss any other race here and it's ok. it's a dumb double standard imo.

you're gonna tell me that eminem imitation wasn't dissing?
"I'm a gangsta, i don't listen to eminem" records is an insult to Dre imo. but whatever.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

Dubcnn: You got me wrong, I wasn’t criticizing the song homie…

Snoop: No I’m just giving you, so you’ll know, so the viewers can know! A producer has a sound that’s identified with him. So that’s an identification that’s saying that Dr. Dre really put his hands on that track! I didn’t hear “Stan” on that song when I first heard it. That song didn’t remind of “Stan”, it made me wanna start talk shit about round here! It ain’t safe to leave the house, don’t fuck around round here! Niggas will put you in the ground, don’t fuck around round here! That’s what I was on! I wasn’t on no “Stan, write me a letter, I wanna come see you! You’re my favorite fan!” I wasn’t on that bullshit! I’m on gangsta shit homie!

1) Dr. Dre did not even produce Stan

2) I wasn't on that bullshit- diss. It's obvious by his tone changing in his voice he don't like the song, but the beat is cool.

3) I'm black and thought he was at the least clowning Eminem.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Snoop: No I’m just giving you, so you’ll know, so the viewers can know! A producer has a sound that’s identified with him. So that’s an identification that’s saying that Dr. Dre really put his hands on that track! I didn’t hear “Stan” on that song when I first heard it. That song didn’t remind of “Stan”, it made me wanna start talk shit about round here! It ain’t safe to leave the house, don’t fuck around round here! Niggas will put you in the ground, don’t fuck around round here! That’s what I was on! I wasn’t on no “Stan, write me a letter, I wanna come see you! You’re my favorite fan!” I wasn’t on that bullshit! I’m on gangsta shit homie!

2) I wasn't on that bullshit- diss. It's obvious by his tone changing in his voice he don't like the song, but the beat is cool.

+1

WATCH how fast Bitch Please III gets made when Eminem is hot again. THIS/Crooked I is the reason I have not bought TBCT.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
i like all of the snoop collabos on TBCT better than lay low and drop it like its hot. master p and goldie loc whackify the song, and drop it like it's hot is cool but it ain't dre level at all to me. it sounds sillily synthy but whatever.

i love round here, i tell you man those vocal melodies give it that extra oomph.

also, what do you mean white kids start taking it over the top? i really despise the fact that racism against blacks makes someone an automatic assholes but diss any other race here and it's ok. it's a dumb double standard imo.

you're gonna tell me that eminem imitation wasn't dissing?
"I'm a gangsta, i don't listen to eminem" records is an insult to Dre imo. but whatever.

-T

when did i diss whites?? i just said that it was white people mostly who got offended by that shit....eminem groupies....eminems fans are mostly white....but still....if i offended any white person out there....i apologize!!...lol

now about the double standards, thats bullshit....people see what they want to see......when white people get insulted personally, its racism...same with blacks...nuff said....

next....about the line....he said...i dont listen eminem...im a gangsta.....what he meant to say he listens to his shit even if he does not?......i can understand people saying its a diss to eminem, but its a slight diss at best...nuttin big, nuttin to be gettin your skirt pulled over for....eminem just dropped one of the worst mainstream albums in a long ass time for a hiphop superstar with encore...im glad snoop said that shit, maybe it'll make him step his game up

next....dre and snoop......i know you dig anything dre does, thats kool, dre is my favourite producer too...but i can still appreciate things outside the dre snoop shit that has been done which is amazing....neptunes drop it likes its hot....shits on anything dre and snoop have done on TBC in terms of originality, dopeness, funk, damn even popularity wise and hit wise it was bigger than the shit dre and snoop have done, and thats gotta be given its props for that shit....the joint s amazing just for the beat and the way snoop just westcoasts on it.......lay low, hennessey n buddah and the rest of the dre dnoop shit on last meal=fire.....dre/snoop on BCT=boooooring....dre dropped snoop shit which had zero funk, no musical shit goin for snoop...nuttin to get some energy out of him and it was shown in the end product....hopefully they both step it up on detox....

im sure snoop and eminem will collabo again....like i said, its a minor at best....nuttin to cry over

pz
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 02:43:43 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!

+1

WATCH how fast Bitch Please III gets made when Eminem is hot again. THIS/Crooked I is the reason I have not bought TBCT.

-T

haha you did not buy a record because of this statement?....

+1 for making me laugh