Author Topic: Stat Quo confirms that Dr.Dre raps on Statlanta  (Read 687 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Stat Quo confirms that Dr.Dre raps on Statlanta
« on: June 11, 2007, 11:20:30 AM »
Three and half years. That's how long Atlanta's Stat Quo has been signed to Shady/Aftermath and waiting to put out his debut, Statlanta. Just to give some perspective on how long it's been, in that time his friend Young Jeezy stopped asking him for advice about which label to sign with, signed two record deals and has released two group albums as well as his platinum-plus solo LPs. Chamillionaire, who was a fellow upstart long ago, signed his deal, went platinum-plus and won a Grammy. Even Game, who's worked under the wing of Dre as well, has put out two albums and is working on a third.

But the sighs of frustration are morphing into sighs of relief: The wheels are turning for Statlanta to come out this summer.

"[Eminem] came out to L.A. and we all sat down and listened to the album, we just listened to it," Stat said. "Then we played the record for execs at Interscope and they said, 'This is what people need to hear.' "

The album does exist and it'll definitely be a sleeper hit when it drops. There's an insane collaboration on there called "The Way Sh-- Be," which is produced by Dr. Dre and features a Dre verse, as well as a guest spot from Scarface. Another Dre track called "Fire" (featuring Bilal) is just that.

Stat Quo and Eminem    
Eminem got in on things as well. He produced a few cuts, one of which is a double song — with no hooks, might I add — called "Testify/ The Next One," where at one point Slim Shady uses a Southern flow to vanquish rumors of his retirement.

Stat said that unlike some of his peers in the South, he wanted to stay away from more redundant themes like partying and women and go deeper. The single, "Here We Go" (produced by Dre), and another called "G.R.I.T.S." (i.e. "Girls Raised in the South") are probably the only records we heard that heavily get into those topics on the 16-song LP.

"I'm trying to change the game — [or at least] put some action into it," Stat said. "You always hear rappers talking about 'hip-hop is dead' or 'hip-hop is wack,' then their album comes out and they only have one good song on there. How are you contributing? If you gonna talk about it, then do something about it. That's what's cool with working with Em and Dre: They're about setting precedents and taking this rap sh-- to a whole 'nother level." ...

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: Stat Quo confirms that Dr.Dre raps on Statlanta
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 11:25:03 AM »
Just to check: who on this board is actually looking forward to hear this album? I mean REALLY anticipating it. I'm pretty sure that most of are CURIOUS to hear it, but that's about it...

Honestly, I could give a fuck about this album. I'd much rather see Dre concentrating on doing Detox than on doing beats for Stat Quo. I can't stand this guy's voice...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 11:41:21 AM »
I didnt expect much from him also, actually I hated that he was on the Math but after seeing the tracklist with 6 Dre tracks and guest spots from Devin, Bilal, Scarface and Dre, I started checking it more. After seeing both tracklists from 50 and Stat, Im anticipating Stats album way more.

Plus Here We Go is banging.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 11:43:15 AM by Timbo the king »

WC Iz Active

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »
Stat is w.a.c.k. imo

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 12:05:53 PM »
i will check the album for sure. Here We Go is bangin, so it gives me high hopes

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 12:13:15 PM »
Yeah, I really like Here We Go too, and guest spots seem real nice.And Stat ain't that wack, but I can unerstand people that don't dig his voice
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 12:30:48 PM »
Stat said that unlike some of his peers in the South, he wanted to stay away from more redundant themes like partying and women and go deeper. The single, "Here We Go" (produced by Dre), and another called "G.R.I.T.S." (i.e. "Girls Raised in the South") are probably the only records we heard that heavily get into those topics on the 16-song LP.

Well, that sounds good.

I'm not a big fan of Stat's voice, but he's alright I guess. He's come correct on some cuts, some have been lackluster, but I'll check the record and see about it then.

The Predator

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 12:37:14 PM »
Stat Quo is a shoddy rapper.

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 01:27:45 PM »
I guess you can't say i'm REALLY anticipating it, but the idea of a stat quo album is steadily growing on me. Like timbo said the guest spots from dre, scarface (especially the idea of these 2 on a song), bilal, devin the dude, and 6 dre tracks has me hyped. Plus even before all this, I thought stat was a BRIGHT spot on a very avg. album in the re-up
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Tha Crip

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 02:23:38 PM »
ive always liked Stat...ever since i first heard him back in 04...or it even mightve been the end of 03....i never stopped being a fan so yes i  for one am very anticipating this album.....ive never had a problem wit dudes voice or his raps.....hes a pretty good rapper in my oppinion....cant wait for this to leak...im a big 50 fan also but i have a feeling Stat's album is gonna be way better.
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

HLF

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 05:13:06 PM »
Just to check: who on this board is actually looking forward to hear this album? I mean REALLY anticipating it. I'm pretty sure that most of are CURIOUS to hear it, but that's about it...

Honestly, I could give a fuck about this album. I'd much rather see Dre concentrating on doing Detox than on doing beats for Stat Quo. I can't stand this guy's voice...

lol, I think we would all rather see Dre concentrating on Detox but Im anticipating the album a lil bit cause of what Dre and Em did with 50's first project. If he wasnt signed to shady/aftermath I wouldnt be checking for dude at all. I know for sure the production should be nice.

"Talk bad about the fam test diabolical attack"

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 05:22:03 PM »
04' and waiting....
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 08:05:54 PM »
I guess you can't say i'm REALLY anticipating it, but the idea of a stat quo album is steadily growing on me. Like timbo said the guest spots from dre, scarface (especially the idea of these 2 on a song), bilal, devin the dude, and 6 dre tracks has me hyped. Plus even before all this, I thought stat was a BRIGHT spot on a very avg. album in the re-up

Yeah same exact thing as me....two years ago, I woulda been like shit, he ain't comin out, and if he does, I won't really care much. From what I have been hearin, he's like a poor man's 50 Cent of the south. He doesn't really say much, and it's nothin that stands out about him like that, but his songs usually end up good, with a catchy hook or a few lines.

As far as Dre droppin a verse and a beat...if it was anybody but Dre, I would not even begin to think that it was a "problem" to where it's like "damn, why is he on this album, but he can't record his own?" but it seems like we only hear five beats a year, and one verse a year from him...and he's still had some dope beats and all lately, but it's been his name being dope more so than the material.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 11:57:20 PM »
Didn't he say in that other interview that Dre was not rappin on the track? Anyway the album is starting to sound like its real good. Looking forward to it for sure

XaNdEr

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 12:01:17 AM »

You're just hating, i'm really lookin' forward for this album. I'm gonna pre-order it when it's for sale.  8)