Author Topic: Keep It Gangsta - Tha Dogg Pound  (Read 1101 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Re: Keep It Gangsta - Tha Dogg Pound
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 12:38:44 PM »
I thought CIA sounded like a Snoop album. Snoop could have pulled it off but DPG sound best with Daz doing the bulk of the beats and Fred and the usual suspects doing them also. Also too many guests.

yeah, it seemed like a good idea at the time but didn't turn out that great especially that Puffy track, the Soopa tracks were straight tho

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 12:45:03 PM »
I thought CIA sounded like a Snoop album. Snoop could have pulled it off but DPG sound best with Daz doing the bulk of the beats and Fred and the usual suspects doing them also. Also too many guests.

yeah, it seemed like a good idea at the time but didn't turn out that great especially that Puffy track, the Soopa tracks were straight tho

I can see Snoop's intentions to make a more mainstream sounding album but only so many artists can pull that off and Dogg Pound did not sound well with all those different sounds and guests IMO. I do think if Kurupt would have stepped it up a notch on the lyrical tip, he would have made this album alot better. It sounded like he only was up for rapping on the Soopafly beats

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 04:18:22 PM »
i like this song, but there's only like 3 songs on CIA i don't like. i like it better than SDDS by a mile

also Kurupt rips:

keep it gangsta, kushnnpushn, and throwin' up da c

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 05:07:30 PM »
i like this song, but there's only like 3 songs on CIA i don't like. i like it better than SDDS by a mile

also Kurupt rips:

keep it gangsta, kushnnpushn, and throwin' up da c

-T

surprised you don't like SDDS Tanj, Kurupt was spitting on most of those tracks and Daz and Ivan did a great job on the production tip much better than Dogg Chit

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 05:12:13 PM »
Rolled up on this nigga like nigga whattup
He said your name ain't Kurupt, nigga your name is Bankrupt
First thing I did was just smirked and laughed
I looked over at Daz and then we whooped his ass

Best lines on the entire album

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 05:18:42 PM »
sdds just wasn't melodic/funky enough for me. they were on that dark assassin tip, i like dogg chit and cia better. but sdds has a few stand outs

-T

westcoastavengers.com

thisoneguy360

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 07:08:16 PM »
yeah the song is dope as hell....but i like the whole album

I wasn't feeling the album at all, I thought there were too many different producers and the album felt like it was all over the place plus Kurupt except for that one verse on Keep it Gangsta was horrible like he didn't even put any effort

I thought the production scheme was ok, they were trying something different. I  definately agree about Kurupt though

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 08:06:30 PM »
honestly when will artists like dpg & xzibit learn that when releasing an album on koch there is no point of filling it up with all these bullshit not-there-type- kinda tracks (diddy, paul wall, concentrate etc) because the cd is going to flop regardless

Concentrate as lead single on interscope, geffen, atlantic etc - GOLD
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 08:40:43 PM »
sdds just wasn't melodic/funky enough for me. they were on that dark assassin tip, i like dogg chit and cia better. but sdds has a few stand outs

-T

I hear ya, I don't really mind the dark tracks like Mo Murder for instance from Dogg Chit, CIA to me is more of a compilation album or a Snoop album like DNice said, the Soopafly tracks were dope cause he knows the DPG sound so well but some of the other combinations on the album were kind of awkward sounding to me

WestCoasta

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 12:03:02 AM »
"Thrown Up Da C" is a dope beat by Soopafly but the lyrics are just as boring and plain as can be which gives it no replay value

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 01:22:37 AM »

-T

I hear ya, I don't really mind the dark tracks like Mo Murder for instance from Dogg Chit, CIA to me is more of a compilation album or a Snoop album like DNice said, the Soopafly tracks were dope cause he knows the DPG sound so well but some of the other combinations on the album were kind of awkward sounding to me

I thought it was very melodic and catchy over all (the album that is), but I would have taken off the Paul wall song.

"Thrown Up Da C" is a dope beat by Soopafly but the lyrics are just as boring and plain as can be which gives it no replay value

I have found daz/kurupt's flow/delivery/voice/rhythm along with the dope chorus/beat/production make this song replayably valuable to me.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 12:58:01 PM »

-T

I thought it was very melodic and catchy over all (the album that is), but I would have taken off the Paul wall song.

I have found daz/kurupt's flow/delivery/voice/rhythm along with the dope chorus/beat/production make this song replayably valuable to me.
-T

I have been listening to CIA this weekend and its better than I thought, I still would put it towards the bottom of the Doog Pound discography but it is not a terrible album by any means, musically it is pretty dope just not what I'm used to regarding DPG albums and I still think Kurupt was spitting hot garbage but he still has one of the best voice/delivery/flow in rap no matter how bad his lyrics are

d-nice

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2007, 07:28:57 PM »
Man I am telling yall, the Soopafly songs on CIA BANG in the ride. Those songs boom in a system, so does It's All Hood

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 08:57:29 PM »
Man I am telling yall, the Soopafly songs on CIA BANG in the ride. Those songs boom in a system, so does It's All Hood

I thought Battlecats beats were tight too even though he got alot of hate when the album dropped, another thing xcept for the Diddy track where Kurupt spits the worse verse in the history of hiphop he rips most of the tracks, I guarantee take that track off the album and everybody would be saying how nice Kurupt was on the album

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 12:02:40 AM »
I think he was nice on CIA and I think his verse on 'candy' is worse than his verse on the diddy song.

-T

westcoastavengers.com