Author Topic: Celtics in talks for a Garnett trade  (Read 819 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Celtics in talks for a Garnett trade
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 04:42:08 PM »
KG is acting like a bitch

It's not KG's fault he has been put in this position.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 05:09:09 PM »
Garnett is a fag... He would do some damage in the East with Pierce... he's such a fag, I wouldn't be suprised if he signs an extension with the Wolves next year, LMAO. Somehow he really doesn't wanna leave them.

You're trying to be funny but unfortunately thats actually true. Or atleast it was. I know late in the season (like around March) it was rumored that Garnett was to meet with Kevin McHale to discuss a contract extension. Blew my mind.

Too bad he won't play for Boston. Him and Paul Pierce would be a nice duo.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 05:09:39 PM »
Kevin Garnett, according to sources close to the situation, is hoping for a trade to the Phoenix Suns if he has to leave the only team he has ever played for.

"The Boston trade isn't happening," Garnett's agent, Andy Miller, told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan. "If a trade were to happen, that's not a destination that we're interested in pursuing."

Garnett, sources say, wants to move to a warm-weather city and a team that can claim legitimate championship potential.

The Wolves and Suns have also discussed a Garnett trade. The Wolves, though, naturally want to trade Garnett out of their conference if they can.

If it has to deal with the Suns -- given the strong possibility Garnett won't sanction a move elsewhere -- Minnesota is expected to demand that Phoenix part with Amare Stoudemire in the exchange, as well as a first-round pick from Atlanta in the 2008 draft that is fully unprotected.

ESPN's Ric Bucher said on a podcast with Bill Simmons that the Suns have told him that they wouldn't trade Stoudemire for Garnett because of the luxury tax hit that they would be faced with.

Although Miller declined to specify a team when asked where Garnett would prefer to be dealt -- "Too early," he said -- it's believed that Phoenix will increase its efforts between now and Thursday's draft to assembling a Stoudemire-less package to satisfy Minnesota's requirements, perhaps by pulling in another team or two.

Garnett has "a good handle on the possibility of being traded," Miller said. "Kevin is an extremely loyal person, and loyalty is not a common factor among pro athletes, but in this situation he understands he has to put his long-term considerations ahead of the Minnesota Timberwolves ' long-term considerations."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 05:19:03 PM »
He's either getting traded for Marion or Odom...Mark it.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 05:23:36 PM »
He's either getting traded for Marion or Odom...Mark it.

People round here are buzzing that it's gonna be Marion.  His comments do sound like it's either LA or PHX. 

WC Iz Active

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 06:12:38 PM »
LMAO.  Why would phx trade Amare for KG,  The age difference is just to severe

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 06:43:25 PM »
if not just marion, you think the suns are willing to give up Barbosa along with Marion for KG?

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

rik

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 06:53:34 PM »
KG is acting like a bitch

It's not KG's fault he has been put in this position.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2007, 07:10:54 PM »
This would all be so easy if KG just grew some balls and said "Send me to the Lakers"!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2007, 08:10:49 PM »
LMAO.  Why would phx trade Amare for KG,  The age difference is just to severe

KG >>>> Amare. They're obviously not winning currently, and Nash is getting old pretty soon. Phoenix needs to win now or never.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 08:18:40 PM »
^^Oh I know Kg is better than Amare,  so is JO, Bosh, Boozer, TD, Dirk, Brand, etc   but IMO he is just to young to trade for KG but you have a point.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 08:26:49 PM »
^^I would do it if Amare was on the Lakers. KG can bring you up to a championship caliber team for the next 5, 6, maybe even 7+ years...Amare is nice, but he's still got a lot to work on before he's a franchise player...PeACe

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 12:28:01 AM »
Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor made it clear that a blockbuster trade offer would be the only type he would listen to for All-Star forward Kevin Garnett.

And even then, the chances are nothing would happen, Taylor said.

"I've talked to Kevin and he is very happy staying here with us," Taylor said. "He was excited about the acquisition of Juwan Howard [in the Mike James trade with Houston]."

Taylor verified that Celtics General Manager Danny Ainge called Wolves vice president of basketball operations Kevin McHale to find out if Garnett was available.

"We're going to listen to any offer," Taylor said. "It would just have to be an exceptional deal for us. "I mean you're right, the odds are just extremely high [Garnett will remain with the Wolves]. I don't know what kind of a deal it would be, but it would have to be something. ... You know it isn't likely that we're going to get the No. 1 or No. 2 draft [pick] because of where they went. [The deal would have to be] something like that, but that's not going to happen. I can tell you nobody's come close.

"You know Kevin's preference is that he stays here. So it isn't like he's out looking for a trade and it isn't like we're looking for a trade."

Taylor said he had no comment about a report on ESPN.com quoting Garnett's agent, Andy Miller, that Garnett wouldn't agree to go to Boston and that Garnett might name teams he would go to in two days.

If you listened to Taylor, you too would be convinced there is zero chance that Garnett will be traded.

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/1261571.html

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2007, 12:47:12 AM »
What a fuckin looser. He's happy about the addition of Juwan Howard?!

I see exactly where this is going. He's going to wait till he's like 35 then demand a trade.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2007, 01:27:34 AM »
KG will end up with LA or PHX.