Author Topic: 3 BEST groups of ALL time  (Read 430 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: 3 BEST groups of ALL time
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2001, 03:32:44 PM »

Well If  Bone gets respect from a west coast board, it's certain they gone get respect from every other board, but theres alwayz gonna be a fool like u wit different oppinions, but dats his oppinion and it aint reality.

let's see

go to sohh.com's message board and watch how much you get clowned

go to wodie.com's message board and watch how much you get clowned

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2001, 04:16:10 PM »

let's see

go to sohh.com's message board and watch how much you get clowned

go to wodie.com's message board and watch how much you get clowned

You aint lyin about the Wodie board. That board is FULL OF Bone haters. Thats Bone hater city. Fuck that board though, them cats dont know their ass from a hole in the ground anyway.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2001, 04:27:26 PM »
you're only saying that becuase they know what's up...and don't agree to your biast opinions aboiut bone

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2001, 04:48:18 PM »
Some people just dont recognize the real.

And fuck tha wodie board, they're all on some dirty south bullshit, U cant label them as PEOPLE hatin on bone.

Plus yur dumass says groups like Outkast iz on top, not dat i dont agree wit dat, but im sayin if Outkast is on top then a historical group like Bone thugs n harmony should be rite there wit em.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2001, 05:17:13 PM »

Some people just dont recognize the real.

And fuck tha wodie board, they're all on some dirty south bullshit, U cant label them as PEOPLE hatin on bone.

Plus yur dumass says groups like Outkast iz on top, not dat i dont agree wit dat, but im sayin if Outkast is on top then a historical group like Bone thugs n harmony should be rite there wit em.

lol @wodie.com being a southern message board you OBVIOUSLY NEVER EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVERY been there

and outkast has dropped 4 straight critically accliamed bonified hip hop classics,  bone has dropped 1 classic and the rest of there catelouge consists of mediocre and ok  and good albums.....i can name 20 groups that are more historical and better than bone straight up

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2001, 05:18:31 PM »
BigJake u dont like Bone do u?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2001, 05:30:20 PM »
i do or i use to back in the day, but it's gay to say to put them on such a high pedistool

that's like putting snoop dogg in one of the best lyracist list which i'm sure "certain canadians" on this board might do....i mean they are a pretty good group but ALLL THAATT there are better groups out there than them....i love tha dogg pound but they're not even one of the all time greatest groups, just cuz you like somthing alot doesn't make it one of the best out there, my friends dad thinks steve kerr is one of the all time best players in nba history ....he's one of the most accurate shooters in the game's history BUT he ain't gonna be on no top 50 ever or top 100 or 300 for that matter

bone might've been the first to rep the mid west but they've hardly had any significant influence every one else who's come out of the midwest has done somthing completely different than bone,  Esham is an Idiot and i HATE his music and i like bone a million times more but Esham is the REAL most influencial mid west artist if you look at all the rap acts that have drawn inspiration from him

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2001, 06:39:01 PM »

you're only saying that becuase they know what's up...and don't agree to your biast opinions aboiut bone

Bullcrap. Them cats dont know SHIT about hip hop. Those are the same cats that called E.1999 Eternal a wack album. Im sorry, but anyone who thinks E.1999 is wack needs to stay THE FUCK away from hip hop. And that, my friend, IS A FACT.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2001, 06:58:09 PM »
you're on one

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2001, 08:28:16 PM »
Ayte buddy.
Bone aint historical or influential in hip hop huh?
lets take a real quick ride down their historical highway.
I got this from different sites. check it.

*While other rap groups struggled to break away from the cliches first forged by NWA, Public Enemy,  and 2 Live Crew,in the late '80s, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony were one of the few groups able to carve out their own stylistic niche, an inimitable myriad of urban sounds.Until NWA put Los Angeles on the rap map in the late '80s, almost all commercially successful rap had come out of New York. By the early '90s when Bone were doing their best to get a label deal, rap was dominated by the East and West coast, leaving the five rappers without any contacts or chance of getting a deal in the Midwest. but they made it an put midwest on map.

*Bone thugs-n-harmony exploded onto the national rap scene with their Ruthless debut EP, Creepin' On Ah Come Up, and the platinum single, "thuggish ruggish Bone" and the gold single"Foe Tha Love Of $" . The album went on to sell over 4 million copies.

*In August 1995, the group came with its first full-length album, E. 1999 Eternal. Bone thugs-n-harmony shocked the mainstream music industry when E. 1999 Eternal entered the Pop and R&B Album charts at No. 1 and sold more than 7 million copies in the US alone.
Their heart felt spiritual single "tha crossroads" upped the beatles' 32 year old record to become the fastest growing single of all time in music. Eventually selling 6 million of the single in us alone. In the 1996 Grammy Awards, "Tha Crossroads" was voted Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group.

*In August 1997, Bone thugs-n-harmony dropped their landmark double disc set, The Art Of War. Certified 5X-platinum, The Art Of War topped both the Pop and R&B Album charts. It dropped 2 platinum singles "look into my eyes" and the spiritual "if i could teach the world".

*Bone thugs n harmony are the most selling hip hop/rap group of all time with nearly 25 million sold in us alone.

And they still aint even part of this commercial rap shit and are still considered underdogs after all tha shit they done.

Jake now it's yur turn, u said u got 20 other rap groups that are waaaay more historical than bone, and more influential in hip hop, so prove it.

All im tryin 2 get through is dat bone are on top wit groups like Outkast, who are sooo overrated and commercialized that people are puttin them in pop category.

SOME SHIT JUST SPEAKS 4 ITSELF.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2001, 10:43:49 PM »
i like both Outkast and Bone...i don't think Outkast has gone pop? maybe Ms. Jackson but the topic has never been done before so it's very creative...i haven't heard a song about a "baby momma's momma"...i don't think they overrated too cause they def are one of the best ever...4 Classics in a row? DAMN! :o

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2001, 11:21:02 PM »

Ayte buddy.
Bone aint historical or influential in hip hop huh?
lets take a real quick ride down their historical highway.
I got this from different sites. check it.

*While other rap groups struggled to break away from the cliches first forged by NWA, Public Enemy,  and 2 Live Crew,in the late '80s, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony were one of the few groups able to carve out their own stylistic niche, an inimitable myriad of urban sounds.Until NWA put Los Angeles on the rap map in the late '80s, almost all commercially successful rap had come out of New York. By the early '90s when Bone were doing their best to get a label deal, rap was dominated by the East and West coast, leaving the five rappers without any contacts or chance of getting a deal in the Midwest. but they made it an put midwest on map.

*Bone thugs-n-harmony exploded onto the national rap scene with their Ruthless debut EP, Creepin' On Ah Come Up, and the platinum single, "thuggish ruggish Bone" and the gold single"Foe Tha Love Of $" . The album went on to sell over 4 million copies.

*In August 1995, the group came with its first full-length album, E. 1999 Eternal. Bone thugs-n-harmony shocked the mainstream music industry when E. 1999 Eternal entered the Pop and R&B Album charts at No. 1 and sold more than 7 million copies in the US alone.
Their heart felt spiritual single "tha crossroads" upped the beatles' 32 year old record to become the fastest growing single of all time in music. Eventually selling 6 million of the single in us alone. In the 1996 Grammy Awards, "Tha Crossroads" was voted Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group.

*In August 1997, Bone thugs-n-harmony dropped their landmark double disc set, The Art Of War. Certified 5X-platinum, The Art Of War topped both the Pop and R&B Album charts. It dropped 2 platinum singles "look into my eyes" and the spiritual "if i could teach the world".

*Bone thugs n harmony are the most selling hip hop/rap group of all time with nearly 25 million sold in us alone.

And they still aint even part of this commercial rap shit and are still considered underdogs after all tha shit they done.

Jake now it's yur turn, u said u got 20 other rap groups that are waaaay more historical than bone, and more influential in hip hop, so prove it.

All im tryin 2 get through is dat bone are on top wit groups like Outkast, who are sooo overrated and commercialized that people are puttin them in pop category.

SOME SHIT JUST SPEAKS 4 ITSELF.

like i said 20 groups

1. Run DMC (put the whole rap scene on the map)
2. Afrika Bombata (another group to first put rap as a whole on the map)
3. Outkast (help put the south on the map)
4. Getto Boys (help put the south on the map)
5. Tribe Called Quest (inspired the whole jazz/rap hybrid the east coast relys on)
6. The Fugees
7. NWA (weren't the first but Definatly put hardcore rap and west coast rap on the scene and just about every one in the game is influenced by them in one way or another)
8. Public Enemy (the most influential conscience rap group)
9. Wu Tang Clan
10. The Beastie Boys
11. Gangstarr (consists one the eastcoast's greatest producers and lyracists)
12. eric b. and Rakim (contains rap's best lyracist ever)
13. CL smooth and peterock (contains one of the east's greatest producers)
14. Cypress Hill
15. Boogie Down Productions (contains the teacher KRS one)
16. EPMD
17. the roots
18. De La Soul
19. The Pharcyde
20. the ultramagentic MC's (when you have dropped consistant albums and were the group that produced kool keith you gotta be in there)

there ya go buddy i'd love to see anyone contest anybody on this list and say bone is better....i bet some of you havn't heard half of the peeps on this list and theres TONS of other groups i can also add to the list

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2001, 02:50:10 AM »
i know all those groups...i think most people do...if not then you must be a newcomer...

HNIC

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2001, 04:57:48 AM »
I got some others jakedogg

terror quad
def squad
infamous mobb deep
lox
the firm (they were tight)
likwit crew + alcoholics
d-12 (just started but they will be)