Author Topic: JO wants to play for the Lakers  (Read 590 times)

wcsoldier

JO wants to play for the Lakers
« on: August 06, 2007, 08:30:58 AM »
Jermaine Seeking Trade To Lakers
August 6, 2007 - 10:29 am
Sports Illustrated -
If Jermaine O'Neal gets his wish, he will not be playing for the Indiana Pacers next season. If he gets his dream, according to Sports Illustrated, he will be suiting up for the Los Angeles Lakers alongside Kobe Bryant.

While in Los Angeles Sunday for a charity basketball game hosted by Baron Davis and Paul Pierce, O'Neal said he doesn't want to be a part of a Pacers youth movement and that it would be in his and the team's best interest to part ways.

"I would welcome a trade to the Lakers," said O'Neal. "Indiana has given me the opportunity to establish myself as a really good player in this league, but they're into rebuilding and going really young, and I'm just not in a position physically to go through another five to six years with a lot of losses and a lot of down time."

The Lakers have tried to acquire O'Neal several times this offseason, but talks have reportedly stalled over Indiana's insistence that the Lakers' package include both Lamar Odom and 19-year-old center Andrew Bynum. The Lakers' refusal to part with Bynum, the 10th pick in the 2005 draft, cost them a chance at Jason Kidd during last year's trading deadline. The failed trade was the basis of Bryant's infamous videotaped tirade in a shopping center parking lot in which he said the Lakers should have dealt Bynum for Kidd.

"I was ready but you never know in this business," said Kidd, who was also in Los Angeles for the charity game. "Playing with Kobe makes the game easy. He's the most dominant offensive player and he's a competitor, and I love playing with guys who love to compete."

If the Lakers once again fail to deal Bynum for a proven All-Star, Kidd could be the benefactor: O'Neal said he would also welcome a move to the Nets.

"Los Angeles and New Jersey would be my top two teams," O'Neal said. "I think L.A.'s a real possibility and I think New Jersey's a possibility too."

The idea of O'Neal coming to New Jersey quickly put a smile on Kidd's face.

"I think that would be a great addition for us if we had an opportunity to get a guy like Jermaine," Kidd said. "He comes every night to play and he's a great person and a great basketball player. It would be a huge move."

If O'Neal had to choose one destination, however, it would be Los Angeles. He recently sold his home in Westwood after getting an unexpectedly good deal but said that he and his wife were already searching for a new house in Los Angeles and would love to make it a permanent residence.

Now if Mitch can't work out a deal, someone should shoot him ...

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: JO wants to play for the Lakers
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 11:12:29 AM »
the problem is, larry bird isnt gonna go out of his way to help los angeles out. if we have to part with both bynum and odom, then it simply isnt worth it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 11:13:37 AM »
8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 11:16:12 AM »
lakers don't be shy, give it a try
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 11:59:21 AM »
the problem is, larry bird isnt gonna go out of his way to help los angeles out. if we have to part with both bynum and odom, then it simply isnt worth it.

You mean Larry Bird prefeer to trade him to New Jersey rather than in the West Coast?

JO 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 12:12:34 PM »
Bird speaks

“In response to Jermaine O’Neal’s published comments today regarding a trade, we have stated repeatedly that if we can make our team better through a trade, we will do so," said Bird in a statement.

"Jermaine has become an All-Star player with the Indiana Pacers and in any discussions regarding him or any of our other players, the expectations for the franchise and our fans is to receive fair market value in return if a trade is to be considered.

“Jermaine has worked out very hard this summer while rehabilitating his knee after surgery. We believe under Jim O’Brien that our team as a whole and Jermaine as a player can be successful. You never know what will happen, but for now Jermaine is an Indiana Pacer"

Fuck Celtics!

McHale - turned down every fuckin package we made for Garnett
Ainge - backed out of the 4 team deal that would've landed us Garnett
Bird - asking for too fuckin much for Jermaine O'neal

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 12:18:45 PM »
^^Aren't you the dumbshit who insisted we didn't land KG because Mitch wasn't doing his job. ::)

wcsoldier

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 12:28:12 PM »
I'm sure Bird would accept a Brown Bynum Crittenton for JO type of deal ... Would y'all Lakers fans accept that trade ?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 12:32:33 PM »
I'm sure Bird would accept a Brown Bynum Crittenton for JO type of deal ... Would y'all Lakers fans accept that trade ?

No.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 01:24:24 PM »
^^Aren't you the dumbshit who insisted we didn't land KG because Mitch wasn't doing his job. ::)

Lol @ this fag responding to EVERY post I made in the sports section today. PLEASE get off my dick.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 01:53:09 PM »

Lol @ this fag responding to EVERY post I made in the sports section today. PLEASE get off my dick.

Moron, stop dodging the question...I respond to every post that I have input on. My input on this one is that you're a dumbfuck.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 02:42:15 PM »

Moron, stop dodging the question...I respond to every post that I have input on. My input on this one is that you're a dumbfuck.

I'm not dodging shiet. Mitch isn't doing his job. And I'm not saying that just cuz of this KG trade. Why don't we have Baron Davis, Carlos Boozer, or Ron Artest on our roster? I guess cuz he wanted to save money to give Brian Cook that well deserved contract extension  ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 02:45:28 PM »

I'm not dodging shiet. Mitch isn't doing his job. And I'm not saying that just cuz of this KG trade. Why don't we have Baron Davis, Carlos Boozer, or Ron Artest on our roster? I guess cuz he wanted to save money to give Brian Cook that well deserved contract extension  ;D

That's not my point, you recently bashed Mitch for not obtaining KG like a clueless child. But then again, kids like you talk shit at every opportunity they get.

"WE DIDN'T GET GERALD WALLACE?! FIRE MITCH!!!"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 02:55:03 PM »

That's not my point, you recently bashed Mitch for not obtaining KG like a clueless child. But then again, kids like you talk shit at every opportunity they get.

"WE DIDN'T GET GERALD WALLACE?! FIRE MITCH!!!"

Yeah he does deserve the blame for that too. Why? because he drafted/signed players that are so garbage that they're untradeable.

Do I need to explain to you what quotation marks are for, douche?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 03:16:39 PM »
^^^Moron...Understand that McHale wasn't going to trade KG to LA.