Author Topic: What Sparked The Whole Jay Z vs Jayo Felony Beef?  (Read 1349 times)

KC-HOODSTA

_Re: What Sparked The Whole Jay Z vs Jayo Felony Beef?
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 04:13:42 PM »
Its funny jigga felt even obligated to diss jayo at all. Maybe he felt a bit threatened?????

SGT x Tok3R

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: _Re: What Sparked The Whole Jay Z vs Jayo Felony Beef?
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 07:27:34 PM »
Its funny jigga felt even obligated to diss jayo at all. Maybe he felt a bit threatened?????

That's cuz Jayo was actually somebody back then and Jay-Z wasn't the rap God he is now.

Blood$

Re: What Sparked The Whole Jay Z vs Jayo Felony Beef?
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2011, 03:26:43 PM »
I seen some behinds the scenes footage on YouTube too... it was on some DVD I think called Rap Or Die?

KC-HOODSTA

Re: _Re: What Sparked The Whole Jay Z vs Jayo Felony Beef?
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2011, 04:53:00 PM »

That's cuz Jayo was actually somebody back then and Jay-Z wasn't the rap God he is now.

Dont mean to burst yo bubble B! But jayo felony was never somebody dogg!! Seriously i love his music but he just another broke gangsta rapper b. Jay z had a what? 6 mil album by then he and dmx were the top rappers at the time.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2011, 05:38:20 PM »
^ jayo was rollin heavy with dpg back then. He may not have been a heavyweight but he was around
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

SGT x Tok3R

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2011, 08:04:19 PM »
^ jayo was rollin heavy with dpg back then. He may not have been a heavyweight but he was around

Even before that he had national hits like "Whatcha Gonna Do" and major artists on the remix DMX and Method. He was featured on The Show soundtrack not to mention he was putting out classic albums back then. Jayo had it crackin' back then!

acgrundy

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2011, 08:32:42 PM »
Jayo finished him when he shot the video for Trued Up in Marcy projects tho.

never seen this and I cant find it neither

Yeah, me neither. I think it was finished but never released though.

the video was finished.  It made it to the net, although not in very good quality.  I probably have it...I will have to check

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2011, 08:56:12 PM »
Jayo Felony was always a respected mc tho. Jam Master Jay (Run-DMC) discovered him

Gaz

• Lil Geezy
  • True To The Game
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2011, 11:31:17 PM »
man i hate it when unaffiliated rappers like jayz talk that blood/crip shit........especially when niggas from NY talk that shit.....fuck that that shit pisses me off too

like 2pac?

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2011, 11:36:58 PM »

yeah but he wasnt really known like that B.

and jayo prolly had one classic album(if that son)

and im not denying his skills thats why im saying jay z felt a bit threatened but to compare the careers of jayo and jay z is ridicolous B!

jayo aint even go gold on nothing mayne.

bouli77

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2011, 02:43:21 AM »
Jayo was on Def Jam, he was signed to JMJ's label too at some point, as others pointed out he had been featured with the DMX's and Method Man's and was allegedly close to Rocafella at some point. he was by no means a household name but by 2000 I think his notoriety was well-established in the Rap game to the point that even eastcoast heads would know of him. so it's not ludicrous to imagine Jay-Z responding to his attacks. but i think some more serious shit must have happened behind the scenes for jay-z to have armed people show up at Jayo's video shoot.

that was around the same time Jayo fell out with Snoop if i remember correctly, maybe a bit earlier

Okka

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2011, 03:28:02 AM »
Jayo was on Def Jam, he was signed to JMJ's label too at some point, as others pointed out he had been featured with the DMX's and Method Man's and was allegedly close to Rocafella at some point. he was by no means a household name but by 2000 I think his notoriety was well-established in the Rap game to the point that even eastcoast heads would know of him. so it's not ludicrous to imagine Jay-Z responding to his attacks. but i think some more serious shit must have happened behind the scenes for jay-z to have armed people show up at Jayo's video shoot.

that was around the same time Jayo fell out with Snoop if i remember correctly, maybe a bit earlier

Yeah, i think so. Jayo was dissin' both on "Crip Hop".

the video was finished.  It made it to the net, although not in very good quality.  I probably have it...I will have to check

Damn, i hope you got that video.

acgrundy

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2011, 06:47:33 PM »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EKJIXWG0

here is the True'd up video.  Like I said before, not the best quality, but at least you can see it

Gurfi

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2011, 07:30:51 AM »
I heard that jayo reached out jigga to guest a track on jayos and the fee was to high according to jayo and he took that as an insult and that was when the beef started. But that dosent make sense if u look at the interview posted by nima in this thread. But i know i read it somewhere about that fee and i think it was on a jayo interview here on dubcnn but im not sure.