Author Topic: What are your guys favorite Rock songs ever?  (Read 5979 times)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What are your guys favorite Rock songs ever?
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2007, 02:07:38 AM »
Could everyone that downloads it and listens to it tell me what they think? Good or bad. I just want to know who downloaded and what they thought.

Don't like it... just not my style... not really into rock to begin with, but to give you an idea I enjoy most of Nirvana's stuff... so whatever "style" that fits into is what I like...
a couple other songs I like are:
Rolling Stones - Gimmie Shelter  &  Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower
... so if you guys could give me some suggestions on what else to look into based on that, let me know or hook something up.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2007, 02:21:13 AM »

Yeah, I mostly bump hip-hop...... I'm not really into rock music

^^^Exactly... Just as I said, you insisted on carrying this idea that you listened to rock music to impress others with your supposed "open-mindedness", when in reality you "mostly bump hip-hop" and are "not really into rock music".  Thank you for proving my point.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chief

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2007, 02:46:30 AM »
^ LOL

i wish i had access to more old school rock songs! sometimes i hear shit that i heard as a kid, and for the life of me i dont know who the artist is, but i crave listening to the album the song came from!

i'm a fan of pink floyd, eric clapton, hendrix, zeppelin, most the old school shit.

that reminds me! i want the forrest gump sound track!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2007, 07:53:32 AM »
Could everyone that downloads it and listens to it tell me what they think? Good or bad. I just want to know who downloaded and what they thought.

Don't like it... just not my style... not really into rock to begin with, but to give you an idea I enjoy most of Nirvana's stuff... so whatever "style" that fits into is what I like...
a couple other songs I like are:
Rolling Stones - Gimmie Shelter  &  Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower
... so if you guys could give me some suggestions on what else to look into based on that, let me know or hook something up.

Yeah it's nothing like Nirvana, Stones, or Jimi. It's a lot closer to country or folk music. It's not so much the music of the song I like. It's the presentation of the character and the story.

You may like Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone, Rolling Stones - Satisfaction. Rollingstones Paint it Black. Most people like Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven upon first listen. You also might like Black Sabbath - Paranoid.

I love that Infinite quoted one line from you like you guys are in agreement but completely ignored your post aimed at him. The stupidity of what the Infinite character said about being close minded (I refuse to believe it's a real person responding with such stupidity) isn't not liking rock, it's the fact that he won't even consider trying it. Like he's afraid of liking it. For Infinite trying out rock songs and understanding them may mean he'll stop appreciating rap as much and that scares him. It woud be like picking up the Gospel and having an epiphany and all of a sudden it makes more sense to him than the Quran ever did. He enjoys being the white muslim who rejects everything white, and messing with that joy could be harmful. For the character of course. Treating Infinite as a real person would be absurd. My bet is the person sitting behind computer typing what Infinite posts is as close to the Infinite character as you are.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2007, 09:36:11 AM »
Infinite, do you listen to funk? Like Michael jackson, parliament, isley brothers, al green and all that? alot of that stuff pretty much is rock: vocals, guitar, bass, drums etc. we put alot of lines and categories on stuff but when you think of how dumb the dividers are I think you'll see there's no reason to only bump hip hop.

also, it's hard to seduce women with only hip hop in the deck. I use funk/sexy r and b shit to seduce women alot.

man I was listening to Beatles white album outtakes earlier, so fucking amazing.

There's a whole world out there man.

and as far as you cats that want to learn more about rock, PM me, I'll give you a crash course.

shallow, i'm at work and can't download shit, what is the song you keep trying to show him?
-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2007, 11:41:40 AM »
Infinite, do you listen to funk? Like Michael jackson, parliament, isley brothers, al green and all that? alot of that stuff pretty much is rock: vocals, guitar, bass, drums etc. we put alot of lines and categories on stuff but when you think of how dumb the dividers are I think you'll see there's no reason to only bump hip hop.

also, it's hard to seduce women with only hip hop in the deck. I use funk/sexy r and b shit to seduce women alot.

man I was listening to Beatles white album outtakes earlier, so fucking amazing.

and as far as you cats that want to learn more about rock, PM me, I'll give you a crash course.

shallow, i'm at work and can't download shit, what is the song you keep trying to show him?
-T

It's a pretty new song and not every common. It's John Walker's Blues by Steve Earle (Copperhead Road, Devil's Right Hand). It came out a couple years ago. It's basically a song about a white american boy who is fed up  with all the bullshit around him in the USA and finds truth in Islam.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2007, 12:14:02 PM »
Hah, that's tight.

Man,  i got some Johnny Cash stuck in my head, another ridiculously dope motherfucker.

You seen the ads for that movie "walk hard"? Shit looks hilarious.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2007, 12:18:47 PM »

Yeah, I mostly bump hip-hop...... I'm not really into rock music

^^^Exactly... Just as I said, you insisted on carrying this idea that you listened to rock music to impress others with your supposed "open-mindedness", when in reality you "mostly bump hip-hop" and are "not really into rock music".  Thank you for proving my point.

Yes, I'm not really into it... as in I don't know most of the artists, names of songs, etc... but I like the sound of some of it. If you would've read and understood the post in its entirety, you would've picked that up. But then again, you're just a fucking idiot.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2007, 12:24:37 PM »
Look, Infinite... I'm as clever as you... I can take a line out of your post, and prove my point:

I'm closed minded

Thank you for admitting it.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2007, 02:18:25 PM »

I listened to Al Green when Busta Rhymes sampled him on his second album, or when MC Eiht was rollin to it in "Menace 2 Society". 

I listened to Parliment when Dre was samplin them.

I listened to the Isley's on the track "Smokin Me Out" off Warren G's second album.

...and as for the Beatles were the  60's version of NSync, the only difference was they were on better drugs and European.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 02:21:46 PM by Harry Muhammad Browne »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2007, 02:23:42 PM »

...and as for the Beatles were the  60's version of NSync, the only difference was they were on better drugs and European.

Until 1965 when they started blazin' with Bob Dylan, then their work was positively visionary. The White Album,Revolver, Abbey Road, and Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band and even Rubber Soul all have lyrics that put 90% of all rap to shame.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2007, 02:25:58 PM »

Until 1965 when they started blazin' with Bob Dylan, then their work was positively visionary. The White Album,Revolver, Abbey Road, and Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band and even Rubber Soul all have lyrics that put 90% of all rap to shame.

-T

I'll never listen to an album titled "Seargent Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band".  Just the title makes me think of my 4th grade music instructor who put grease in his hair and said everything was "groovy".

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2007, 02:30:06 PM »
It seems that you're more concerned with coolness than digesting good art.

Anyway, listen to one of the less weirdly named ones...

Furthermore, are rap album titles any better? 'N Gats we truss' come on...-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2007, 02:32:35 PM »
Furthermore, everything IS groovy if you look at it the right way. Don't you like Marvin Gaye man? That shit grooves for days.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

herpes

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2007, 02:35:12 PM »
I have a question then, am I only allowed to listen to hip hop.  Or if I listen to other genre even if I enjoy it am I a sheep b/c im trying to fit into a group ?