Author Topic: Where would you rate eminem  (Read 1347 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Where would you rate eminem
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2007, 07:45:22 PM »
^^^ :sleep:

I don't get it.

You fell asleep reading 6 sentences?

I fell asleep reading your same ol' same ol' anti-rap crap.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2007, 08:34:30 PM »

I don't get it.

Do you disagree with what I said? It simply is not "song writing" as the poster befire me defined. Song as in sing. Can you really compare the singing or song writing of verses in any rap song to that of It's Delovely, That's What Friends Are For, My Girl, Stayin' Alive. These are melodies the average listener can remember and hum on memory. How many rap songs have have verses where the music of the rap is so indentiable the average listener could hum it for you, or even the average rap fan.

Don't blame me for not being stuck in one genre like you seem to be.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2007, 08:43:16 PM »

I don't get it.

Do you disagree with what I said? It simply is not "song writing" as the poster befire me defined. Song as in sing. Can you really compare the singing or song writing of verses in any rap song to that of It's Delovely, That's What Friends Are For, My Girl, Stayin' Alive. These are melodies the average listener can remember and hum on memory. How many rap songs have have verses where the music of the rap is so indentiable the average listener could hum it for you, or even the average rap fan.

I like how you trivialize what you said to the max. Of course, singing and rapping is not the same... why do you post something like this? Ever heard of rhythm, if I may ask? Homie you used to be a good poster, but now you're trying to hard, especially when it comes to discrediting hip-hop.
No, it's not a sin

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2007, 03:15:05 AM »

That's because Hip Hop has next to no songwriters in that regard. As far as creating a melody in the verses hip hop has always lacked hard in that department. Eminem's album maybe one of the few that approached it on that regard, but that doesn't make it any good at all. Compare something on that album to the great songs of Cole Porter, Smokey Robinson, Burt Bacharach, or Barry Gibb abd Eminem's Encore isn't even laughable. Laughing would require more energy than Encore deserves. And as far as rap goes I'll take Warren G and Nate Dogg's Regulate or anything by Nelly before I take Encore.

I'll take "Encore" over most of what Nelly did anyday.. but yeah of course a song with Nate Dogg on it is better.. but he's more a singer than a rapper so that doesn't really go in the same space by me.. and I said "hiphop album" because in other genres it's more common to write on the beats.. but to me everyone can write verses for days, but now try to write on a beat, that takes skills and talent, not many rappers can do that, so listening to "Encore" from a artist's standpoint (I rap too) it's great, but from a fan's standpoint it sucks overall, still got like 5 real good songs on it to me ("Like Toy Soldiers", "Yellow Brick Road", "Never Enough", "Spend Some Time", that's 4).. but I don't know many rappers who could write like he did on this album, that's hard, so I gotta respect that. Only other rappers I'm sure can do that too are Stram, 80 Proof, Nfluenz, 50 Cent, Problem, The D.O.C, Brooklyn, Kon Artis, Mase and Stat Quo... Maybe Hittman too.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2007, 03:56:08 AM »
i hate his voice and i cant stand listening to it... but he has some tight lyrics..

wcsoldier

« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2007, 04:20:03 AM »
Dude should have retired after his verses on Obie album in 2003 ... it's not even the lyrics , I can't stand his voice and flow anymore .. someone needs to step up and tell him what he's doing is very wack ... all these rappers haven't a work ethic and aren't a critic of their own music .. I can"t understand Em can listen to Encore and not slappin himself

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2007, 06:45:15 AM »
As time passes by, Emenem's stature fall's lower & lower...IMO
25% of the earlier track's during his prime is very dated content, all his Boyband Britney stuff is wack now.
(Was wack back then too, I used to say all the time that this shit was gonna sound dated as fuck)

All the energy he devoted to his diss track's have killed his legacy..imo
that shit got boring real quick.

His great track's..
Stan
Guilty Conscience
The Way I Am
Marshall Mathers
Cleanin' Out My Closet
Lose Yourself
8 Mile
ect...
are what keep people talking about his material still.
And the Dre produced Track's, I'd bump just for the Dre beat to imagine what Snoop would have sounded like over it instead.

EM is defo somewhere in the top 50 of all-time.
but his material won't stand up to time like Pac's or B.I.G., Cube, Snoop, Rakim, Dr. Dre, Scarface, Run DMC ect..

From a EM fan, not a Stan.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2007, 07:08:46 AM »
Nelly > Em  ;D

kemizt

wcsoldier

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2007, 07:12:54 AM »
As time passes by, Emenem's stature fall's lower & lower...IMO
25% of the earlier track's during his prime is very dated content, all his Boyband Britney stuff is wack now.
(Was wack back then too, I used to say all the time that this shit was gonna sound dated as fuck)

All the energy he devoted to his diss track's have killed his legacy..imo
that shit got boring real quick.

His great track's..
Stan
Guilty Conscience
The Way I Am
Marshall Mathers
Cleanin' Out My Closet
Lose Yourself
8 Mile
ect...
are what keep people talking about his material still.
And the Dre produced Track's, I'd bump just for the Dre beat to imagine what Snoop would have sounded like over it instead.

EM is defo somewhere in the top 50 of all-time.
but his material won't stand up to time like Pac's or B.I.G., Cube, Snoop, Rakim, Dr. Dre, Scarface, Run DMC ect..

From a EM fan, not a Stan.

the majority of the beats Dre gave Eminem wouldn't had fitted Snoop at all

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2007, 08:41:43 AM »

I don't get it.

I like how you trivialize what you said to the max. Of course, singing and rapping is not the same... why do you post something like this? Ever heard of rhythm, if I may ask? Homie you used to be a good poster, but now you're trying to hard, especially when it comes to discrediting hip-hop.

Get over yourself. I didn't make the definition here. Dargine did. I was simply telling him it was ridiculous because rap doesn't do that. They don't write lyrics starting with musical notes. The great songswriters have the song written before the words, then they find the word to fit the note. Rap doesn't do that, and Eminem did it terribly on Encore. It's like saying Michael Jordan was better than Bird because Jordan played baseball and did it better than Bird ever could, but that doeesn't mean anything in the realm of basketball. Now Jordan may very well be better than Bird but his mediocre basball skills have nothing to do with it. Eminem is a shitty songwriter, as are most rappers, but that's got nothing to do with theiir ability to rap. Over the years I have listened to and read many different lyrics by Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, or Neil Young and the lyrics of Nas, Jay Z, or Eminem simply don't sound as good to me anymore, but I never brought that into question here. I just refuted a claim by Dargine that I disagreed with.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »
Lol, so by your logic, I could say Bob Dylan is a garbage rap writer. Cool. I just don't see how such a statement would make alotta sense. You shouldn't be the one to tell people to get over themselves, your arrogance is not neglectable when it comes to music.
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2007, 01:46:27 PM »
Lol, so by your logic, I could say Bob Dylan is a garbage rap writer. Cool. I just don't see how such a statement would make alotta sense. You shouldn't be the one to tell people to get over themselves, your arrogance is not neglectable when it comes to music.

Since German is your first language I will go slowly for you here in english. I'm sure I'd be quite confused if you posted in German. First I never said rappers are bad at song writing. I said rap wasn't song writing. I said Eminem as far as Encore goes was bad at song writing. When other rappers decide to write more songs maybe we will be able to judge how good they are at it. Also, I never used Bob Dylan as an example of a great song writer. I used him as an example of a great lyricist. I said Cole Porter and Smokey Robinson were great song writers. And I don't know how good they'd be at writing raps since I've never heard any by them.

P.S. I consider Bob Dylan's It's Alright Ma a better written rap than anyhting I've heard in hip hop ever. And that's not me being arrogant, that's me being honest. I'd rather be seen as arrogant than become a liar.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2007, 03:02:45 PM »
Lol@that nonsense.
No, it's not a sin

Doggystylin

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2007, 03:25:40 PM »
Top 5 all time, maybe even top 3

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2007, 07:49:00 AM »
Lol@that nonsense.

Do you ever really have anything to say? Blah blah, fuck religion. Blah blah blah you're arrogant, blah bah blah blah.

What is the non sense? It doesn't make any sense to not pre-judge somene's ability. Am I supposed to assume how well Jay Z could write worded melody, or how good Cole Porter could have written rap. You made assumptions about whatI had written so I cleared them up for you. Instead of responding with your thoughts you just leave it to one word attempted insults.