Author Topic: My thoughts/your thoughts on D-12 LOLOL  (Read 961 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: My thoughts/your thoughts on D-12 LOLOL
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2001, 08:25:45 PM »
so bigjakedoggydogg is in the same category as the little girl down the street, lol

like i said before little girls like pizza too so what? i like pizza also and i ain't gonna stop liking it just becuase the "enemy" likes it too that's gay

the backstreet boys deliberatly try to be pop eminem doesn't he can't help who the fuck likes him just shut up and i thought we agreed to not bring up eminem alot again on this forum
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

BadBoy4Life

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2001, 09:19:55 PM »
Incognito:

Im going to say this as honest as I can. I like what I like , I don't like and follow what's popular like you do. Your a defintion dickrider, probably some whiteboy from the UK who has no clue about what hip hop is all about. Now I have nothing against white people, I work with them, am friends with them , hang with them and etc but you are just a hater. Also judging from your posts you don't know much about hiphop either. You from what i've read haven't posted anything of interest to anyone and nothing informative. Bascially your only tolerated and respected because your a board admin and that come with the usual ass kissing. I've seen some of the threads you've started at the most maybe 50 views and 10 replies, dude your a joke, get off my jock and go bother somebody else, this is the last response you get out of me.

Sikotic™

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2001, 09:21:37 PM »

eminem is pop, mtv, cover of teen people,  white people buying his shit, (no offense),
girls who buy his album have backstreet boys an dn sync in the same collection, u guys are in the same fan base as little girls

Big Jake said basically everything but I just wanna reinnerate (spelling?) by saying WHO REALLY GIVES A SHIT?

And just cause white people buy his records he is pop? Most people in here are white so when they buy a rap album that makes the artist pop all of a sudden?

And does it really matter if little girls buy his album cause he is cute? I'm not buying the album cause Eminem is cute or not. Don't forget little girls were doing that when Doggystyle and Chronic came out. If I'm lyin' I'm dyin and I'm still breathin.

Sometimes I think people on the board are against popular groups. They'd rather boast about a underground artists than give props to a more commercial artist. Same shit happens to Snoop and Dre. People diss them cause they are famous. Y'all are doing the same thing.

I know he is a gimmick, I agree with that too but y'all gotta give him props.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

infinite59

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2001, 10:25:50 PM »
Badboy4Life- you've made about 47 posts, how would you even know what Incognito brings to this board.  He's been here for the longest, and brought as much to the board as anyone.
I keep hearing how Eminem is a gimmick.  And I want someone to give me a reason why he's a gimmick.  And it has to be something he does, it can't be the reaction he gets.  Num sayin?  That doesn't mean shit that little girls buy his album or that he's on TRL.  And don't go saying it's because he disses pop stars because he's only done that in 4 songs.  That's like saying that all Dre does is make diss tracks, when he's only made 4 of um.
When "My Name Is" dropped back in 1999 he was being his own damn self.  Whether people liked it and it made TRL doesn't mean shit.
And I like what BigJakeDoggyDogg said about pizza.  Good point.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2001, 10:48:03 PM »
I don't like and follow what's popular like you do

LOL, ha ha ha ha slap yourself

you don't like or follow what's popular yet your a die hard Bad Boy fan...interesting statement there,lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2001, 11:41:06 PM »
infinite59 "No other rapper other than 2pac is willing to get as personal about his life as Eminem."

1. shouldn't compare Pac to Em cause Em ain't 1/10 the MC that Pac was...

2. no other rappers get personal as Em? does Scarface ring a bell? a LEGEND in this HIP HOP game which Em is NOT!

3. i still think Em's a GIMMICK...but thats me  ;D...

infinite59

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2001, 12:40:12 AM »
I'll be honest with you, I haven't heard enough Scarface to know how real or personal his music is.  And 2pac is my favorite mc all-time, but Eminem is my favorite right now.  And has been since he came out.  Peace.

bez

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2001, 03:57:33 AM »
Eminem brings a new level to the rap game.  He uses alot of conedy and likes to have fun while writing tracks.  The reason's people don't like him are simple:

He is white.  

People don't like change.  They don't wanna see funny video's and shit that.  Thats why people are calling it POP and not rap.  Sorry people buts its a rap with a new look.

Murrow

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2001, 04:43:37 AM »

Incognito:
Your a defintion dickrider, probably some whiteboy from the UK who has no clue about what hip hop is all about.

What?  Shit, I can tell your getting pretty affended, especially since you called me a dickriding white boy from the U.K.  A lot of peeps from this board are whtie and from the U.K.  I'm white, and from the U.S.  If you have to say that to me just so it makes you feel better about Puff Daddy than okay...here's a link to a Bad Boy site...http://www.badboyonline.com

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2001, 04:47:51 AM »

Eminem brings a new level to the rap game.  He uses alot of conedy and likes to have fun while writing tracks.  The reason's people don't like him are simple:

He is white.  

People don't like change.  They don't wanna see funny video's and shit that.  Thats why people are calling it POP and not rap.  Sorry people buts its a rap with a new look.

man I have to agree with you on that. I am white and I ain't racists but I have to agree 100% there with you. Eminem has shown that white people can rap (Vanilla Ice damged that) and people can't handle that. They want just black people to rap cause it's like in a way a black thing that has always had an advantage over the white people. I ain't trying to be racist here but this is the only way I could think to put it. So cause Em is white he is there fore described as being a pop/rap star who is over-rated and trying to be like Pac in a way. Also they say his lyrics are wack when infact they are funny and when he disses somebody like Everlast or that his lyrics come pretty srtong.
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2001, 06:51:05 AM »
why do all the white Em fans ALWAYS say that if peeps don't like Em it is because he's white? thats the biggest BULLSHIT i've ever heard! i'm sure there are some that are racist towards Em but the majority isn't...most people just don't fall for his gimmicks and don't - can't relate to the shit he puts out...did we ever call MC Serch pop? NO! [he was actually the first RESPECTED white MC so don't gimme this Em being the first CRAP!] even when Everlast came out with the House Of Pain...did we call him pop? NO! but Em is somewhat pop with the shit he puts out..."My Name Is" and "The Real Slim Shady"? come on now if that ain't pop than what is? all these songs created to SHOCK people...that is a gimmick it ain't "REAL"...he may seem "REAL" to yall but to me he's a gimmick like most gangsta rap artists...and Em hasn't brought anything new to hip hop SHOCK RAP has been here since the early 90's...Bushwick Bill had done it way before Em had any type of record out...South Park Psycho...Gravediggaz...shall i go on...and presently there are other MC's bringing the same shit Cage, Necro, and many more...so tell me what the fuck Em is bringing that is so original? bringing comedy and fun into tracks? hmmm...does Redman sound familiar? and before that Biz Markie and many other pioneers...Em is OVERRATED!

BadBoy4Life

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2001, 07:23:24 AM »
I don't hate Eminem because he is white, I have nothing against white people. I hate Eminem for the following reasons:

His voice to me atleast is very annoying
His songs have no meaning
He's proved to be a fake (carrying a fake gun , selling out by doing a song with a Fag

That's all, don't take it personally because I don't like him, I respect the fact that yall like him and im not gunna insult yall because of who you like or follow. My post on D-12 was just my opinion, that's what this forum is for I thought, yall didn't have to take it personal and jump down my throat. What kind of forum do you have if everyone just agrees with each other and nobody can voice an opinion. And if anyone disses Badboy Puffy that's fine it doesn't bother me , it just mad me mad I can't express an opinion without nigahs taking it personal calling me names like it's fifth grade. hehe damn

techniec

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2001, 07:58:52 AM »
if u think eminem is NOT trying to be pop on purpose u need a reality chin check

look at songs like my name is, and the really slim shady,
pop beat, the lyrics are aimed at the pop audience

he is pop

now let me make a confession
i heard about eminem a while back, the hardcore dre fans have, and i liked infinite, i bought the slim shady lp, but after sslp, u could tell what direction this biitch was heading in, marshal matters lp was pop, let me ask yall a question, why is the media all up on eminems nuts, cuz he is viewed and treated in the same capacity as a pop star, alot of rappers have said sicker shit than em, but they not get half the publicity, the reason why everybody from glaad to charts bnning purple hills is that eminem is viewed as a pop star, picture britney spears making homophobic remarks, thats what the world sees when they look at eminem,

im sorry, yall may love eminem, but i despise some one who aint real, some one who, if it werent for the fact that he can rap, would have been dissed by 2/3 of the hip hop industry by now, some one whose face looks out at me in a fake scowl from the cover of seventeen or sum shit like that,

and the only reason i made that white people buying his shit comment is this, im not racist, obviously, and whites are the majority hip hop consumers, but every other artists  dont have a 95% white audienece like eminem, speaking from my personal view, i dont know one non white person who has bought eminem, all the people i know who bought eminem breaks down like this

bandwagon hip hop fans- 40%
pop fans 40%
rock fans 20%

no one in my neighbourhood likes him and over here we bump everything from xzibit to snoop to shyne , mob deep whatever

bottomline i think hes fake

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2001, 08:56:28 AM »
ok then people. Answer me this one. You say the shit Em brings out is all pop stuff. Well wot about his beats. Dre and many other people do Em's beats so are you saying the producers for Em's CD's are pop aswell. So infact ya'll that are calling him pop  say it's cause of his music. So you are saying Dre & co are pop musicians then. And as for him being in the publicity a lot. Pac was in the papers a lot but does that make him a pop star. No it doesn't so don't give the bullshit answer about his music is pop and cause he is inthe paper he is pop. They are just bullshit answers and go say that Dre ain't pop because wot you are saying you sure make it sound like your putting him in that category. I ain't trying to change the subject and don't come back with a bullshit answer but you said Em's songs (lyrics, beats etc. that's wot makes a song) were pop so you are saying that Dre is a pop producer. As for Em in the paper. Papers like giving Rap a bad name and like dissin it. It is more or less there job so they look to some1 who is getting criticised by people because of his antics in stage etc. and em fits into that category. Look you either like or dislike Em but saying that he is pop music is a bullshit answer because being in papers and the music he brings out does not make him pop. Since when have you heard a pop song that is similar to one of Em's songs? Exactly. So stop with the stupid excuses for a reason to hate Em. This is like the Dre thing. He is so successful that people hate him for that and that is generally why people hate Em cause he is successful. Also you say it isn't because Em is white. Then why hate on Em so much. at least 60% hate him cause he is white. They can't except a white rapper being so succesful. Put it this way. If Tupac was white would he have been as successful as he was. I would say he wouldn't have but there's always gonan be some1 with a different opinion. Cause Em is white nobody takes him serious and all he is doing is bringing a bit of fun to rap cause when you gots people like Nelly & Ludacris then they make Em look amazing in rap. The only thing I hate aobut Em's fan bas is the fucking stupid little girls that go to a concert and stand at the front and scream at him all night. DOn't they have better shit to do. If I was Em I would tell them to fuck off cause unless you like the music don't fucking come to my concerts. You can still buy the music but stay away from the concerts.

Also everybody is like Em is fake, Em is fake. I mean when has he ver said that he is trying to be real. It is just people that make them comments. All he is doing is rapping about what he wants to rap about. Let's get wot most rappers rap about. 95% at least rap about smoking weed, drinking and fucking bitches and how many of them actually do that. 5% if not less. So in all Dre is fake because of wot he raps about, Xzibit is fake, Ice Cube is fake. Y'nah we could go on all night but if he raps about things he didn't do then ok he is fake but calling him fake because of wot he raps about doesn't make him fakee cause if it does then at least 95% of the rap industry is fake then because wot they rap about they don't do. I am not a big Em fan but the excuses in here to hate him are just plain bullshit.
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2001, 09:43:14 AM »
^^^ the only thing i agree with is the first point about him being pop...but Dre made pop beats for Em on "My Name Is" and "The Real Slim Shady" if you can't see that than you aren't checked into reality and you probably think the beat to "It's Over" by Kurupt is the most gangsta shit you ever heard.

the other points have no evidence. i proved with examples that the HIP HIP nation do indeed like white MC's like MC Serch and Everlast [In The Beginning] who were both successful so don't give this bullshit that 60% hate Em cause he's white. give me some proof. i dislike Em cause:
1) he seems to be a gimmick with all that SHOCK RAP
2) i HATE his subject matter
3) i don't like his flow
4) i ain't feeling his shit other than "Stan" and some of the beats Dre gave him. if he made more songs like "Stan" i'd be a fan. SSLP was a good album. MMLP was garbage and him bitching. D-12 is just plain garbage IMO!

Once Again! read my post above because i supply sufficient evidence on why i don't like Em and why most ppl just don't feel his music rather than being racist towards him rather than just writing BULLSHIT!

Em is not fake but he def aint REAL. if you think carrying an unloaded gun around when you say "I JUST DONT GIVE A FUCK", doing songs with FAGGOTS that you dislike and making the cover for SEVENTEEN magazine while doing a nude photo for some other teen magazine is REAL than all power to you...And Dre is fake because he aint no gangsta and he admitted it but he makes LEGENDARY TIMELESS music which Em doesnt...Xzibit is not fake he never raps about killing someone or raping his mother so i don't know where you got that from. he does smoke weed and he does drink so i don't know whats so fake about him? tell me please i am dying to know. ;D Cube aint fake...where did you get that? he's from NHC...i am sure he seen most of the shit he talks about comin from that set. he got those three dots under his eye which means MI VIDA LOCA "MY CRAZY LIFE" which gang members put onto themselves. all his first 4 albums were POLITICAL rather than gangsta. his last one was "pop" while the WAR disc was just "gangsta" which he was when he was younger so i dont know whats so fake about him? tell me im dying to know ;D