Author Topic: New articles on Dre's production secrets  (Read 1228 times)

BigCheefReefer

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: New articles on Dre's production secrets
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2001, 11:08:03 AM »
Dirty Dozen Devils Night

Well I'ma state my name, Swift McVay
None of y'all niggaz got shit to say
Rhymes keep comin off like a toupee
Plus I'm big headed runnin things my way
A selfish man, the back of the hand
Be slappin the hell out of hoes because I can
Prostitute, I want my loot
And I don't give a fuck about your broke-ass man and
Y'all givin niggaz what they needin
'til bitches understand I'm mean and
Swift McVay is, blowin up
Courvosier 'til I'm throwin up
Wanna playa hate me, bitch so what?
What's yo' function? Where's yo' bucks?
All you wanna do is wanna stick him up
You wanna rob me but I got too much (hah)
D-12, naturally lifted
You niggaz better duck when I cock the biscuit
You fuck wit me, I fuck wit you
Your entourage, nigga fuck them too
I got grenades
What the hell your little twenty-two gon' do?
(Y'all ain't gon' shoot)
Y'all major soft
Cops gettin mad cause I paid 'em off, made 'em cough
blood and shit
That's what the hell you motherfuckers get, we runs this bitch?
So hey, you ain't gotta be scared to fuck
If you want head, then prepare to suck (do it)
Even if the nigga don't care to nut
For every stroke, it's a hundred bucks
Respect the game, you just a slut
So open your legs up and get my duck

Swift Mcvay D12
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

D.O.C.B.

• Lil Geezy
  • Production
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2001, 03:01:18 PM »
ayo infinite great articles,

mellowman, who in the hell are you?
you sound full of crap like you know more about stuff than the people in here, fool,

the equipment basically doesn't even matter when it comes to producing, lol, thats whats funny, you can have all the equipment in the world but if you don't have musical skill then you still suck, its like golfers who go out and buy an 800 dollar club when they can't even hit the ball

i can make a beat better than forgot about dre on my equipment, and i have, and will continue to do so, what makes dre so great is his ability to consistently make great beats and correlate the vocals to them,

Dre2001 is a cd of 8 measure loops with instruments added in for the choruses, I played some beats for someone who didn't know anything about rap and they were like, "whats great about that?" cause i have the instrumental cd,

Dre is great and is the best producer in the world as far as im concerned, but anyone can do better, listen to the complexity of classical music and then listen to dre,

my point is that i don't have the equipment or the staff that dre does and it ticks me off, i have to create my own sounds and ish and have been working at the same keyboard for 4-5 years but its soundin tight, so basically im just ticked that i don't have the capability, its like i could utilize all the equipment cause i've been doin it for so long where people like mellowman, who sounds suprisingly like an old aquaintence named "suge" a.k.a.  "enter_makaveli" come in and act like they can rap 1000 times better than people in here and produce 1000 times better than people in here, when they can't and can't prove it and can't back it up, its like their like I have a deal and i'm better cause i have a deal, no fool, your not better and you don't know more than everyone on here, i just want to let you know that.

i can go into the guitar center and make a mind blowing beat on a korg triton that people in the store are like, "DAMN", but i have to walk out of the store with out the keyboard, and it ticks me off
"you gotta have it, tha havoc wreaked in the street
of doc b's beats blazin' 7 dayz of the week"

Tecknine

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2001, 05:57:50 PM »
D.c.o.b Mellow is the best sourse of news in here and he has connections to Dre.

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2001, 06:10:37 PM »
DOCB, We're Cool And All, But I've Heard Your Beats, And You Sure AS Hell Ain't No Dre.

Mellowman's An Artist Himself, And Works With Aftermath Records.

mellowman

• 'G'
  • peace and funk y'all........al l y'all
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2001, 06:11:38 PM »
wow, this thread was all positive and peaceful and all of a sudden d.o.c.b. comes in and brings a full scale attack on me. docb, you don't know me so don't judge me. i'm not gonna beef with you if thats what you want. talk to all the biggest posters on this board about me if you wonder who i might be or why my posts are like they are. they'll tell you.
as far as your comments i'm not sure where i said that having the top equipment makes you a great producer. i pointed out dre's knowledge of the equipment and how he uses them along with his talents and teammates to be the best producer around. you also said i was acting like i am better than everyone else. i never said anything along those lines. you are the one who thinks you can do beats better than dre. you probably are a very talented person. i'm sorry if you don't have a deal and are pissed off. i know how tough it is. i'm sorry if your jealous of my position or dre's position. but that is no excuse for coming out and attacking me personally. but i don't care. i'm here and you're there and what you do doesn't affect me. and yes dre's stuff if fairly simple, yet very complex. believe me if dre wanted to bring a 64 piece orchestra into the studio and put out an album it would be the most incredible shit you've ever heard. dre usually uses 2 or 3 instruments on individual tracks. add 60 or so other musicans and instruments and let dre direct and create parts for each instrument. he could make the most complex beat you've ever heard. but dre knows most fans don't want to hear that and although dre uses some orchestra instruments in his beats he probably won't go that far. they want to hear simplistic yet very original and complex top notch production. you said that anyone can make better beats than dre. i have yet to see someone who has. and until you have the success dre's had you can't talk about how good you are. i know your frustrated and i know you're itching to show people your talents. and i know you respect dre, even though some comments seem to discredit his talent. so keep attacking me and accusing me of making things up. i'm only gonna post positive things. even though you obviously despise me i'm still gonna wish you the best of luck. hang in there. send as many demo's as you can. audition for parts wherever you can. if you already have keep trying. if you want to make music your career you'll probably have to give up everything and focus all your money and attention on your music.
but what do i know? i'm making shit up, right?
PEACE.
I take 7 mc's and put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, it will take 7 more before i go for mine
Now that's 21 mc's ate up at the same time

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2001, 06:24:34 PM »
mellows on point with that post

d.o.c.b i've heard your beats as well as any vet on this board and you are NOT all that , man i know you've been around a while as an affiliate but for reals man chill with that animosity, i use to/still produce trax once in a while and i ain't tryin' to rais my self to no higher level or diss you or nothing but i can do your beats and then tweak em and make em better...so don't try to act overconvitent no one on this board is at dre's level....we ain't even on eminem's level (production wise) , just chill man mellow's the dopest poster here on the board and EVERY one respects him wether he's really cool with dre or not, and even though you got history with the affiliates too d.o.c.b u ain't got no right to straight up diss somone like that, i'm out peace

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

mellowman

• 'G'
  • peace and funk y'all........al l y'all
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2001, 08:57:18 PM »
thanks big jake. i have no anomosity to docb whatsoever. if he needs to get shit off his chest fine. attacks on me are uncalled for but don't bother me too much. anyway, since i have been working by myself today i have taken some breaks and posted a lot of things today. i promise you wont get this many posts from me on one day again. this thread has brought back the speculation on who i am. this is my fault and i apologize. i have overwelcomed my original intent for posting on this board. trauma, bigjake and everyone on here who has defended me, thanks. but don't feel like whenever anyone doubts me that you have to tell them why i know what i know.i don't expect everyone to believe me .like i have said before, the more people who do doubt me makes my job a lot easier, for it allows me to post without speculation and i don't have to worry about people trying to figure out who i am. i will probably not ever tell you who i am cause it doesn't matter. and even if you knew, some people won't believe me or even care. my intention was never to bring this much attention to myself or brag about being associated with dre.  lately i have gotten a little too opinionated on certain things and that will stop. but as y'all know, this internet thing can get addictive. i will go back to posting once or twice every week or so. i will also answer some of the questions you ask me. going back to my old ways will allow me to put full focus back on my work and avoid getting caught up in personal arguements. but i will continue to post information, insights and my opinions that relate to the correlating topics every once in a while. you can take the information and do whatever you want with it. you can believe me or not believe me.
i appreciate all the people who support me. those people know i post news that is heard from me before anyone else and i post insights and information you are not able to get elsewhere. to those people who appreciate what i tell you i will continue to hit up this board for you guys. and the people who don't believe me god bless you also.
again i'm sorry for bringing this much attention to myself.
i'm gonna get back to the music next week and FINALLY talk to you about the use of 5.1 on detox. i've promised that for two weeks. its time to put up or shutup. i will make that my next post.  talk to you then. peace.
I take 7 mc's and put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, it will take 7 more before i go for mine
Now that's 21 mc's ate up at the same time

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2001, 08:22:08 AM »
*LAUGHIN HYSTERICALLY*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DEAR ME DOCB........UR NEW OR U ONLY VIEW SELECTED THREADS....I CAN TELL......COS IF U HAD N E IDEA OF WOT MELLOW BRINGS 2 THIS FORUM U WUD HAVE KEPT UR MOUTH SHUT

peace

*KEEP THIS SHIT COMIN MELLOW!*

peace

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

D.O.C.B.

• Lil Geezy
  • Production
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2001, 02:52:02 PM »
trauma, you haven't heard a fraction of anything i have, not in the least, no one on the net has, just to let you know

mellowman, i don't despise you, not in the least, i couldn't care less about you,

i took your own advice and talked to some peeps who run this here board, and ima just laugh and shake my head, i guess your pretty clever pullin somethin like this off, but it won't last, but lemme tell ya, there are people watchin you and checkin up on you, (thats not a threat), to see who you are, and they'll find out

ohh

Do I know you from a Past Board?

by the way

D.O.C.B.

• Lil Geezy
  • Production
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2001, 02:59:25 PM »
jakedoggy dogg and rud,

jake you aren't qualified to say anything about my production, you aren't, you can't and you can't begin to fathom what i have,

rud, only fools believe the biased liberal media, and only fools believe people who come onto boards that only get 250-300 hits a day, i read up on mr. mellowman and he's got to be suge, or someone like it, im tellin yall ive been online uncovering imposters since i was on Dre2001 the first week when it started up, and i've been lied to and ish, and im tellin yall...

and uhh, mellowman, do you honestly think that if you put dre in a room with a piano by himself that he could compose a quartet?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2001, 03:40:10 PM »
docb stop being an ass hole ok, you are not that dope of a producer all them beats you put up on the net are not the *shiznit* and quit buggin' out

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2001, 03:41:44 PM »
and i laugh at "i'm not qualified enough"

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2001, 08:22:18 AM »

rud, only fools believe the biased liberal media, and only fools believe people who come onto boards that only get 250-300 hits a day, i read up on mr. mellowman and he's got to be suge, or someone like it, im tellin yall ive been online uncovering imposters since i was on Dre2001 the first week when it started up, and i've been lied to and ish, and im tellin yall...

ALRITE....NOW UR CALLIN ME A FOOL....THINGS GOT PERSONAL!

RITE -

IF MELLOW HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH AFTERMATH AND DRE I WILL 'EAT MY HAT!'

ALL HIS INFORMATION IS TITE, COMES CORRECT AND SEEMS 2 B LEGIT 2 ME.....

LOOK BACK AT HIS POSTS....HE EITHER

• LIES BUT PLANS THEM OUT VERY CAREFULLY
  • IS VERY CLEVER AND KNOWS PRODUCIN

• OR HEAVEN FORBID.........HE MITE ACTUALLY B AFFILIATED WITH D..R..E

I KNOW THAT SEEMS 2 UPSET U THAT HE MITE B LEGIT!

THIS FORUM CUD EASILY B VISITED BY ARTISTS AND EMPLOYEES OF COMPANIES ETC....

CHRIST WE GET PEOPLE LINKIN HERE OFF THE SOURCE BOARD

MY POINT IS.....LEAVE MELLOW2 BRING MORE TITE SHIT......

AND U HAVE UR VIEWS...BUT QUIETLY

peace

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

So Much Style

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2001, 10:09:43 AM »
i think it could be mel man, but for some reaosn i have a feeling someone is playing games here , but fuck it, o yeah docb beats are great, none of you on here haev heard his newer shit so you cant judge
So much style back at it again

Don Seer

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2001, 10:24:24 AM »
true that.. the older stuff i heard is dope.

*anyways*

the worst thing about this is that mellowman hasnt ever claimed to be anyone or anything - he's earnt trust/respect by dropping shit intelligently - he'll say he's not sure about something being true.

for all we know he's a coffee boy with big ears... whichever way - the info aint been wrong yet -

i dont get why people keep tripping over this shit