Author Topic: Will Smith Under Fire For Hitler Comment  (Read 887 times)

Elano

Will Smith Under Fire For Hitler Comment
« on: December 27, 2007, 06:32:20 AM »
One of Hip Hop's resident nice guys, Will Smith showed the world he is not one to be walked on, after slamming several celebrity gossip websites that claimed Smith offered praise to Adolf Hitler.
In an interview with Scottish paper, The Daily Record, Smith said, "Even Hitler didn't wake up going, 'Let me do the most evil thing I can do today.' I think he woke up in the morning and using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good."
The writer of the article interpreted that Smith "believes everyone is basically good."
That portion of the article was picked up by numerous celebrity gossip sites, which in turn ran with the story over the weekend (the interview with The Daily Record was published Saturday).
While many celebrities shy away from addressing their detractors, Smith wasted no time clarifying his marks, blasting those who took the statement out of context.
"It is an awful and disgusting lie," Smith said in a statement released Monday. "It speaks to the dangerous power of an ignorant person with a pen. I am incensed and infuriated to have to respond to such ludicrous
misinterpretation. Adolf Hitler was a vile, heinous vicious killer responsible for one of the greatest acts of evil committed on this planet."
It seemed that, initially the damage was done before Smith could issue his rebuttal. The Jewish Defense League quickly issued a statement saying Smith "spit on the memory of every person murdered by the Nazis."
In addition, the group also called on Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama to denounce Smith's statements and wanted I Am Legend, Smith's latest movie, pulled from theaters.
After hearing Smith's clarification, the Anti Defamation League issued a statement in support of Smith, however, according to an EUR Web report, the JDL has not retracted their original statement.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: Will Smith Under Fire For Hitler Comment
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 09:29:44 AM »
Fuck the Jewish Defense League for believing gossip papers over Will Smith. Way-to-go, morons.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 10:25:47 AM »
oh god, why is everyone a little bitch. i fuckin agree with him. while i think hitler was evil, it hitllers mind he was doing "the right thing". in my opinion, in order to understand people and differences, you need to play devils advocate.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 10:51:54 AM »
The JDL is a bunch of fags.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 12:44:23 PM »
I think he was implying that Hitler startd out with a noble cause, which is obviously true (you don't get that many people voting for you if you promote evil), but went to far with the whole thing, which he obviously did. Power has away of corrupting people. US schools have General Grant on their walls. They don't put the orders to massacre natives next to those puictures, but it happened.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 05:58:36 PM »
hitler was evil and jews are annoying as fuck

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 06:12:49 PM »
people love to try and bring someone down whos on top, clutchin on straws...he didnt say anything good about hitler....

will smith is a huge talent who makes movies people want to watch and is a great actor, his shit is enjoyable...legend, nuff said

pz

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 07:37:21 PM »
not even going to say shit, just read my mind. Hope shit doesnt go down hill for him because jews have a lot of power in this country.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 09:17:25 PM »
i'm rarely on the side of will smith , however i am on this issue.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 02:54:40 AM »
Will Smith still coo in my book  8)
if this was like 12-13 years ago, he coulda had Uncle Phil bail him out of this  :D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 12:08:22 PM »
hitler was evil and jews are annoying as fuck

Every group of people has something like this...Blacks, Christians, Jews, etc. You're no better than the JDL.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 01:00:07 AM »
I donteven care for Will, but I think e was misunderstood.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WestCoasta

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 02:53:08 AM »
The Jewish Defense League quickly issued a statement saying Smith "spit on the memory of every person murdered by the Nazis."
In addition, the group also called on Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama to denounce Smith's statements and wanted I Am Legend, Smith's latest movie, pulled from theaters.

whoa talk about overreacting.... it's like these people wait for anything to happen to try to force shit like this

they know he didn't do anything wrong but they probably love it

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 04:12:54 AM »
Stuff like this happens all the time with journalists.  It is *impossible* not to have a biased opinion, and all reporters are are a person with an opinion and a pen.  There's no talent in journalism, I have 0 respect for a journalist. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 08:13:26 AM »
only the next man goes to hell
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin