Author Topic: Snoop/Eve- Ready 2 Ride  (Read 479 times)

D~Nice

Snoop/Eve- Ready 2 Ride
« on: April 17, 2008, 10:54:26 PM »

Man this is a slept on song off of Last Meal. Snoop and Eve trading verses back and forth with ease. Storch with another bangin beat.

D~Nice

Re: Snoop/Eve- Ready 2 Ride
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 06:48:28 PM »

Man this is a slept on song off of Last Meal. Snoop and Eve trading verses back and forth with ease. Storch with another bangin beat.

The beat is off the meat rack!!!
FIRE!!
But EVE  :-X
So if anybody can remove EVE from this joint,it would make my day  ;)

You think so? I thought she had some nice lines on there. But yeah I went back and bumped this album and musically it is probably his 2nd best. I could listen to just a instrumental of the album. Dre did a hell of a job mixing the album but this beat is one of my favs off this.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 08:28:04 PM »

FIRE!!
But EVE  :-X
So if anybody can remove EVE from this joint,it would make my day  ;)

yeah I feel the same way Chad

Rage would have killed that beat

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 03:14:13 AM »

Storch with another bangin beat.

FIRE!!

i think it's not bad, but a bit repetitive just like a lot of his other productions.

famozni

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 03:27:59 AM »
best song on that album my opinion

marco68

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 03:55:52 AM »
good track

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 04:41:41 AM »
best song on that album my opinion
One of the best ones for sure.

HEC

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 11:11:35 AM »
this track should have been a single IMO, it would've been perfect to drop after "Lay Low" but Priority as usual had no clue, that album had the potential to sell 3 million

D~Nice

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 11:54:45 AM »
this track should have been a single IMO, it would've been perfect to drop after "Lay Low" but Priority as usual had no clue, that album had the potential to sell 3 million

It's funny you said that and you have Dr. Dre on your sig, because they made a dvd showing the making of Lay Low and Snoop Dogg Pt 2 and they asked Dre how much he thought it would sell and he said 3 million. Yeah they completely dropped the ball on that album promo wise. Loosin Control is a cool song but this or Hennessey N Buddah would have been MONSTER singles. I remember bumping this and Restless all year when they came out.

HEC

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 12:12:25 PM »

It's funny you said that and you have Dr. Dre on your sig, because they made a dvd showing the making of Lay Low and Snoop Dogg Pt 2 and they asked Dre how much he thought it would sell and he said 3 million. Yeah they completely dropped the ball on that album promo wise. Loosin Control is a cool song but this or Hennessey N Buddah would have been MONSTER singles. I remember bumping this and Restless all year when they came out.

allegedly Priority said that it would be hard to get "Hen And Buddah" radio play, that was the reason behind not releasing it, I remember reading it on on either snoopsdogghouse or westcoast2k at the time, probably my favorite Snoop song and Dre beat since 2000, just sick :o 

D~Nice

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 12:27:47 PM »

allegedly Priority said that it would be hard to get "Hen And Buddah" radio play, that was the reason behind not releasing it, I remember reading it on on either snoopsdogghouse or westcoast2k at the time, probably my favorite Snoop song and Dre beat since 2000, just sick :o 

I have to find my booklet but it had another name to that song as well. They could have come up with another more radio friendly version but hey it is what it is.

HEC

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 12:30:03 PM »

I have to find my booklet but it had another name to that song as well. They could have come up with another more radio friendly version but hey it is what it is.

the original tracklist like a month before the album came out had it listed as "Compose Myself"

D~Nice

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 12:31:32 PM »

the original tracklist like a month before the album came out had it listed as "Compose Myself"

That's it. I thought that would have been the perfect opening single.

Okka

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 01:32:20 PM »
they made a dvd showing the making of Lay Low and Snoop Dogg Pt 2 .

Any chance of somebody hookin up a link to this??

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 03:54:22 PM »
Ready 2 Ryde beat is too sick 8)