Author Topic: Xzibit - "Man Vs. Machine"  (Read 5254 times)

Murrow

Re: Xzibit - "Man Vs. Machine"
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2002, 10:09:50 AM »
SOURCE!!!!!  Where did you here this?  Dont post without PROOF!!!!

WHY U steal news from other sites without report the source?
uh?

Hey, shut the fuck up.  I'm not taking credit for this news that is why I italisized it bitch.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2002, 02:33:16 AM »
damn right,  Shut the fuck up faggot, cause youre the copy n paste dude that steals news all the time and not postin the source, sayin its from a reliable source.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Suga Foot

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2002, 03:58:09 PM »
News On The DL:

Xzibit is nearing completion of his latest endeavor, Man Vs Machine, look for production from Dr. Dre, Battlecat, E-Swift and DJ Premier ("What A Mess"). Man Vs Machine is slated to be released in June (more on that later).

Murrow

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2002, 11:24:21 AM »
If you look back in the this post I quoted Mellowman saying how Dre hasn't done much work on the album as of yet.  he said this like in February...now this pops up:

"I been fucking with opera since Paparazzi". The song he is referring to is the Rick Rock-produced "Symphony X" featuring Dr.Dre.  And although the production mastermind is noticeably absent from the current session, he is still fimrly attatched to the executive producer role.
Xzibit has been influenced by rock lately, and that is shown on the rock-tinged "The Answer", produced by Jellyroll.
Opera and rock isn't the only thing Xzibit is fucking with these days. The tentatively-titled "Gambler" produced by Bink Dogg, ffeatures a soulful hook, that conjures up down-home blues.
In addition, Xzibit went to NYC to hook up with producer mastermind DJ Premier for the joint "What a mess".  
Longtime fans need not fret, however. Dr.Dre is lined up for 3 tracks for the album.
Underground soldier Phil Da Agony & Open Bars Golden State members Ras Kass & Saafir will also make frequent appearences,
most notably on the song Xzibit refers to as "Come harder", a high-energy call-and-response fire-starter that Xzibit puts on repeat as Ras Kass enters the studio.
"I'm flowing free, I'm definitely trying to get more advanced on this album"

Mellow was right.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2002, 05:33:18 AM »
the album's droppin September 3, according to mtv.com

Murrow

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2002, 06:55:13 AM »
mtv.com:

Man vs. Machine sounds more like the name of a painting than an album, but what do you expect from a rapper by the name of Xzibit?

The lyrical artist will unveil his latest work on September 3, his spokesperson said Wednesday.

As on 2000's breakthrough Restless, fellow West Coast native Dr. Dre will serve as executive producer — not that X needs him.

"He actually didn't really need that much of my involvement, because he hustles," Dre said recently. "Xzibit is not one of those that needs to be baby-sitted. He knows how to be an artist, [how to] go out there and get his album done. I come in and do my touches or do what I feel is needed to the songs, and that's that."

Dre and his famous protégés, Snoop Dogg and Eminem, will appear on the album, along with Ras Kass and Defari from Xzibit's side gig, the Golden State Project. The rapper has also said in the past that Rockwilder, Megahertz, Bink Dog, Mel-Man and Rick Rock are producing tracks, although his spokesperson could not confirm which artists and producers will make it onto the release.

Finished material has been kept under wraps to avoid bootlegging, though one person who has heard a majority of it speaks highly of the songs.

"I'm feeling it so far," Dre said. "Each record has to get better and better, and this one, I feel, is better than the last one, so he's on the right track."

Xzibit will debut some new tracks when he hits the road in late July on the Anger Management Tour (see "Eminem, Papa Roach Line Up Anger Management Dates").

Ill_Fred

• Lil Geezy
  • Nuttermp3z In This Biatch!!!
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2002, 06:46:43 AM »
anybody know the tracklisting for the album?
"Can't Break The Law, But Sometimes U Gotta Bend IT"-XZIBIT

Jome

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2002, 07:21:44 AM »
anybody know the tracklisting for the album?

Chill dawg, it's still 4 months to go.
But check the main forum for 4 track-names and producers.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2002, 01:37:48 PM »
dis shits gonna be dope

i was jus bumpin restless after a long ass time today and it sounded real fresh man, i cant stop  checkin 'best of things'

Jome

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2002, 02:04:07 PM »
dis shits gonna be dope

i was jus bumpin restless after a long ass time today and it sounded real fresh man, i cant stop  checkin 'best of things'

Hell yea homie.
BEST OF THINGS is pure classic. DOPE beat, and Xzibit comes hard as fuck.
I never understood why people aint praising the track.
I hope there will be a similar track on "Man Vs. Machine"

Jome

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2002, 02:05:56 PM »

Xzibit spoke to MTV.com about his upcoming release "Man vs. Machine", and had some quiet interesting things to say.
Xzibit and Dre are finishing the final song on Man vs. Machine this week.
The album is due out September 3, though Xzibit said he hopes to release it sooner.

It was also revealed that N.Y.-duo M.O.P. will be on the album, possibly on the cut with their usual producer DJ Premier.
M.O.P. or Mash Out Posse consists of Billy Danze and Lil Fame.

Xzibit:
"I've got a lot to prove, I've made some leaps and bounds as an underground artist. I got a lot of prejudice. I got a lot of pressure. I got a lot of stuff built up against me, and I look forward to it. I love a challenge. I'm one man, and I have definitely pulled this little wagon a long way, and I'm about to pull it some more."

Dre earlier said that he isn't much needed in the project, but Xzibit feels different:

"Dr. Dre definitely gets in there and brings out the best in an artist. He'll get you in there, and he'll allow you to paint the picture and then, with all his experience and his knowledge, he'll help you hang it right and present it correctly. He's not in the studio with some anal-retentive methods of how to produce music."
We want to come out and change the game, You don't want to come and be the same cat you were last year.
You want to do something better, push the line with your music. That's how we get it done.
As hip-hop artists, you have to take the music seriously, not just as a way to get rich."

Source: MTV.com

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2002, 12:35:08 PM »

Hell yea homie.
BEST OF THINGS is pure classic. DOPE beat, and Xzibit comes hard as fuck.
I never understood why people aint praising the track.
I hope there will be a similar track on "Man Vs. Machine"

fr sho, i dont care what muh'fuckers thinks, x came tight on all parts of his game on this joint, the flow vioce lyrics were ill n the hook was sick n the beat was 2, my fav joint off restless.................another dope track that never got props was 'double time', ppl need to hear the lyrics on that, im feelin that shit loads. personally everyone says get ya walk on was the highlight of the album, but i prefer best of things

all i know is that man vs machine if its anything better than restless will be sick

peace

PakiGangsta

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2002, 03:17:22 PM »
all i kan say iz...thx for da INFO. and kant wait till da album comes out !!..and BTW....kan u also download nething of this album from somewhere....tracks..etc.........if yes...plz link me the site...or the place to get it from......

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Nature of the Threat!!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2002, 10:13:03 AM »
What the fuck?  No updates.  Didn't he come out with a new single or something?  When I'm not involved with the revolution, I sneak off and listen to some Xzibit.

There will be those that close their eyes, and plug their ears with their forefingers, and later swear upon their Holy Bibles to have seen no evil and heard no evil.  

Eldridge Cleaver

In America, the Jews (in power) sap the very life-blood of the so-called Negroes to maintain the state of Isrea

Jome

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2002, 03:22:07 PM »
What the fuck?  No updates.  Didn't he come out with a new single or something?  When I'm not involved with the revolution, I sneak off and listen to some Xzibit.

Finally some nice words from The Political Gangsta.
I'll up some of the update.