Author Topic: GTA 4 IGN Review! Perfect 10!!! (highest rated game in 10 years!!)  (Read 900 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
holy shit it got perfect in every category and is one of the highest rated games ever!!
tuesday can not come soon enough!!!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/869/869381p1.html

you can go to standup clubs in the game and watch Kat Williams!! dude is hilarious!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 12:52:47 AM by Black_Smoke »

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

OchoCinco

Re: GTA 4 IGN Review! Perfect 10!!! (highest rated game in 10 years!!)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 10:06:05 AM »
ye man shits gunna be sick..im gunna go preorder right away

Jome

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:02:34 AM »
X360 & PS3 review:

10 Presentation - The story is Oscar quality. The use of the phone as a gaming portal is genius. There’s really nothing more that could be asked for from GTA IV.
10 Graphics - The level of detail is astounding. Liberty City feels alive and lived in. While there are some technical issues, the artistic merits push the score to the max. A true marvel.
10 Sound - The dialogue makes the story. Without the excellent writing and the stellar voice acting, the story would fail. And the soundtrack kills -- more than 200 songs and almost all are great choices.
10 Gameplay - The cover and targeting system work great. Blind firing with an RPG is a thing of beauty. Everything works in harmony and not a single one of the missions is bad. The most fun I’ve had in years.
10 Lasting Appeal - The story will take anywhere from 25-45 hours to complete, depending on your skill level and attention span. There’s plenty more to do once you finish the story, such as excellent multiplayer.
10 OVERALL - Masterful

PS3 (UK version) review:

10 Presentation - Never obscuring the all-important action, it gets the relevant information across with trademark Rockstar style.
10 Graphics - The level of detail is unsurpassed, with each pixel conspiring to create an unprecedented level of immersion.
10 Sound - From the soundbites of passers by to the detail of the radio stations, the audio work is superlative throughout.
10 Gameplay - With a game world as rich as this, and with such a vast toolset, play is as good as you want it to be.
10 Lasting Appeal - The single player demands 40 hours alone and the multiplayer will keep you involved until GTA V.
10 OVERALL - Masterful    

Ooh snap.  :o

« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 11:19:26 AM by Jome »

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 07:35:31 PM »
biased, they got paid for that review. Its obvious the graphics can't be ten when you put games like devil may cry 4 uncharted and gears of war aside of it

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 09:56:48 PM »
they're probably talking about the overall city.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 09:55:27 AM »
That means Mario Kart Wii is going to get a 10.1!

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 10:32:24 AM »
biased, they got paid for that review. Its obvious the graphics can't be ten when you put games like devil may cry 4 uncharted and gears of war aside of it

havent played the others, but what was soo amazing about gears of war graphics?

Jome

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 10:50:07 AM »
While GTA IV is pushing the PS3 and 360 to the limit, it also runs amazingly well. Sure, there are framerate hitches here and there and (particularly on 360)

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

Always planned to get a PS3 when GTA comes out, but this just solidifies it...

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »
While GTA IV is pushing the PS3 and 360 to the limit, it also runs amazingly well. Sure, there are framerate hitches here and there and (particularly on 360)

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

Im still gettin the 360 version, exclusive downloadable content coming in fall plus custom soundtracks and Ive always preferred to play online games on xbox live

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 08:15:31 PM »

havent played the others, but what was soo amazing about gears of war graphics?
the amount of detail, the fluidity of the action, the detailed textures, the work on the shadows, the distance of rendering ( anisotroping filtering) and what gta is missing the most to me a good anti aliasing rendering

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 08:19:06 PM »

Im still gettin the 360 version, exclusive downloadable content coming in fall plus custom soundtracks and Ive always preferred to play online games on xbox live

They sell the xbox for 220 in the arcade pack in the eb-game near my job, and they give 3 games (halo 3, forza 2 and another i forgot) if you buy gta IV with it

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 01:28:44 AM »
Sucks if you're down under (Australia & N.Z). We'll be getting the censored version even though it will have a R18 rating, WTF?!?. :'(

Here's hoping PS3 owners get extras in the future.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 01:35:32 AM by Nutty »

Elano

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 02:25:49 AM »
when will be released in europe ?

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 07:18:59 AM »
^^^tomorrow

Jome

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 09:14:17 AM »
Here's hoping PS3 owners get extras in the future.

PS3 will get extra downloads (additional episodes) as well, just a little sooner than X360.. but GTA4 L.A. or something is probably ready by the time I'm 100% on GTA4..

I'm not finna start a console war in here, but from what the reviewers say, the PS3 version is slightly superior, and I cannot imagine playing GTA on anything else than a PS..

All of the reviews are ridiculous:  :o

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/grandtheftauto4