Author Topic: Lucky Dube-biggest international star- you stupid Americans know nothing of  (Read 288 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Nas mentions him in a song.

Interesting, which song?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Lukcy Dube  was a cool cat!
Period!
Besides you only started listening to his songs, when you went to Mali![Correct me if I'm Wrong]
So I'm pretty sure you hadn't even heard of him before you decided to go on your trip.

Oh, When you see Africa, you would need to specify what part of Africa you visited. Just on it's own,is kinda vague!
I'm sure Dude is not as big as Fela Kuti [RIP]
Reading your post, i can tell that you would like others to listen to the said artist, but your approach is way off!

I went to Africa (Gambia and Senegal) last November, but do a search on Lucky Dube at this site and you will see that I was up on him well before I made my trip.  The proof is there so make another straw man to knock down.

And even if I would have just started listening to him when I went to West Africa, that would be irrelevant to the discussion because it would only support my thread in showing how travelling has exposed me to things I wouldn't have known otherwise living in America.

And as for my approach, again, you can just do a search at the site and you will see I went about it the "right" way before and nobody responded to the posts, so I tried a different approach to getting peoples attention this time.

^^Alright, my bad!

no worries man, yur one of the cats I dig I the forum

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Nas mentions him in a song.

Interesting, which song?
I think it was in that "Be A Nigger Too" song that he referenced it. Lucky Dube is an amazing artist, but your "stupid Americans" talk and instantly calling him the king are a little over the line. I saw your reasoning, but it just sounds ignorant. And there have been many great reggae artists over time, but you made it seem as if he is the only one. I do remember an older topic about him, I think started by you, and you should just up that one and drop a little bit more knowledge without the negative talk.
I got a bird's eye view

J Bananas

brian you are a upper class spoiled stupid American in the truest form.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I do remember an older topic about him, I think started by you, and you should just up that one and drop a little bit more knowledge without the negative talk.

This is my game, boy, and I'm gonna play it how I want to.

And Americans are stupid, but most people in general are not logical nor rational and merely follow some objective standard society places on them.  If you spent just one evening listening to the advice of the common man it could fuck up your whole life.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:27:24 AM by Abdul-Infinite »

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Well....How are you not a stupid American? If you were that knowledgable, you would realize how many people on this board aren't from America. The real point is that you want to be "the one" who shows everyone this new artist, but everybody fell into 2 categories: They either didn't know and care or they already knew about him, so you had to create a wild statement for attention. The real point should be his music, which is top-notch.
I got a bird's eye view

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Well....How are you not a stupid American? If you were that knowledgable, you would realize how many people on this board aren't from America. The real point is that you want to be "the one" who shows everyone this new artist, but everybody fell into 2 categories: They either didn't know and care or they already knew about him, so you had to create a wild statement for attention. The real point should be his music, which is top-notch.

lol.. I got you to post here, didn't I?  Every reply only verifies that my approach of calling you all "stupid" got your attention and brought more attention to my thread, finally.  Maybe that's because there is a lot of truth to what I'm saying.  And judging from your reply and your attempts to creat yet another straw man out of me, to then tear down, only verify what I'm saying even further.

I realize many people at this forum aren't from America.  And believe me, I find most of you European folks to be just as stupid as Americans.  So if it would make you feel better I can call Europeans stupid as well.  But I chose to single out Americans because Americans have even less knowledge of Africa and it's music than Europeans, and would only travel there to bomb people or pass out bibles.  Atleast Europeans go there sometimes to get drunk on the beach and do some bird watching.

My intention wasn't to be "the one" to expose anybody to this artist, but rather I would prefer coming to a forum and see a discusion about Lucky Dube rather than Lil Wayne.  So I started one myself, and its coming along very well, I've passed a few hours here at work just posting on this thread and one other I made in Train of Thought.  The whole night at work has flown by.

And if people already "know about an artist" or "don't care" then why post anything about anybody at this forum?  Cause according to your logic people either "know" or "don't care".

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I know that "I've got you babe" song but never knew homies name, and thats from a white cat in new zealand, guess he aint as superstar international as you thought? good tracks though, props

I'm glad you like it, props to you in return.  Who feels it knows it!  8)

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
fuck you abdul-infinite..your so full of shit it dont even make any sense lol!

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=100704.0

^^thread says a bit about what your opinions and taste in music is really worth..
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 03:45:11 AM by Soulful »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
I know that "I've got you babe" song but never knew homies name

kemizt

D-Stress

im glad abdul isnt "islam"-phase anymore!!!his every post was about allah,islam,quran,etc.  ::)

Abdul.
p.s. lucky dube is dope.when i saw him the first time in your sig or avy and checked his shit out.you know i love reggae.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
im glad abdul isnt "islam"-phase anymore!!!his every post was about allah,islam,quran,etc.  ::)

Abdul.
p.s. lucky dube is dope.when i saw him the first time in your sig or avy and checked his shit out.you know i love reggae.

Thanks... well, I kind of pushed Islam as far as I could for about 5-6 years till I finallly hit a wall when I was in the Emirates back in January 2007.   Many bad things had happened to me but I wasn't facing up to them and brushing them to the side because I wanted to get the most out of Islam that I could and have it take me as far as possible.  But it finally all came to a head and I couldn't go in that direction any further.

I'm still a Muslim in the universal sense that we are the creation submitting to the rules of the Creator.  And I still have many good connections locally and internationally through Islam, and have held on and benefitted to many of it's practices and teachings.

But now I'm very much into the teachings of Harry Brown and the Libertarian/individualists viewpoint and had a really good time hanging with Rasta's when I was travelling in Muslim regions of Africa last year so I got more into reggae, Lucky Dube, etc.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:58:38 AM by Abdul-Infinite »