Author Topic: Dubcnn: Tha Dogg Pound - "Get My Drink On" [New Leak Off 100 Wayz Album - Audio]  (Read 1244 times)

Paul

beat is bangin, not too sure bout the hook but

i prefer a more laidback style form the dogg pound

kurupt sounds nice on it
funkyfreshintheflesh

Snoopafly-1986

Daz needs to step his game up like Kurupt has this year for the Dogg Pound album to be really dope

I disagree that Daz wasnt tight back in the Dogg Food days he spit some decent rhymes and great flow that was a great compliment to Kurupts battle raps

So So Gangsta was dope but his other recent releases in the last 6 years have been too inconsistent

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Mmm, not really feeling it when Daz goes for those kind of hyped up party track kind of joints with really annoying music programming...

I don't really want him to do cliched West Coast old style stuff, but if he just came with some nice hard shit like Ambitionz Az A Ridah or Don't Stop, that'd be ill... and got his more understated interesting flow back rather than the hyped up annoying flow

What's funny is Daz's production on All Eyez On Me is the kind of thing Dre does now, like stripped down with a hard beat and a few piano notes, it's like Dre started copying a sound his protege came up with, long after his protege stopped doing that style

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
these 100 wayz songs all fucking suck, shit is too sterile sounding.

Johnny B

Cool song.  I guess the Dogg Pound still has life.  I'm expecting good things from this new album.  The only thing I didn't like was Daz on the chorus.  He should have just left it to the Dre sample.  Also, at the end of the chorus, I would have used the rest of Dre's line.

100% agree on this.

that yelling and shit that Daz does on the chorus of most of his songs gets annoying after awhile.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 05:02:42 PM by Johnny B »

nando

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
i like this song...first dogg pound song i can see myself regularly bump in a while. people will never get out of that enclosed mindstate that everything has to have a talkbox with a battlecat beat and sound like it was made in 96 to be "westcoast"

NEMIISSICK

• Lil Geezy
  • QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
WTF is with this southern shit? I want west coast goddammet!  :P
If I wanna listen to southern pop then I listen to 3 6 Mafia...

I AGREE!!! GOTTI DID HIZ THING THO
BANGN WESTCOAST BEATZ & MORE.......

Invincible

Not that bad. Chorus does suck. If that beat wasn't for DPG, it would be great. Don't think it suits their style.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
What's funny is Daz's production on All Eyez On Me is the kind of thing Dre does now, like stripped down with a hard beat and a few piano notes, it's like Dre started copying a sound his protege came up with, long after his protege stopped doing that style

i think i know what you're trying to say, but you know that your theory doesn't make sense right?  :D

PS: check your inbox  ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 01:55:53 AM by Dre-Day »

EFFeX

I listened to the track again last night and it's not TOO bad it's better than "Cheat", which was a let down in my opinion.

I'm waiting to hear it untagged and CDQ, because the untagged floating around right now is terrible in the whip.

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
I really like this track.

Kurupt Comes Tight as Usual.
Daz laid it down dope.
Nice production too.
(I generally LOVE the WEST coast Sound but I don't mind some southern flavor)

I can see where the hook might sound repetitive for some people but I liked it.

A Good Dogg Pound track.
I also liked "they Don't Want It" and "Cheat"
Cant wait for that "100 Wayz"  8)

Shit, I also really like all these recent DPG tracks  :D
HATER
I'm a straight G
Half a Mil
Drip Drop Remix

Keep making that dope shit DPG!

(But Daz please no more low quality albums like Gangsta Party.  :P )
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 04:56:10 PM by Twisted Smoke »

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
From "What Would you Do" to this shit? Man, Dogg Pound is the most washed up duo in hip hop. How could 2 guys go from making some of the best west coast music ever, to Dogg Chit, and this crap. Damn, crack can really ruin your career. Is it just me or does Daz use the same exact flow on every track in the last 4 years?

Black Gloves

From "What Would you Do" to this shit? Man, Dogg Pound is the most washed up duo in hip hop. How could 2 guys go from making some of the best west coast music ever, to Dogg Chit, and this crap. Damn, crack can really ruin your career. Is it just me or does Daz use the same exact flow on every track in the last 4 years?

its you..its always you...its always you alone in your basement...always you when u wanna have sexy (mrs. right hand)...its always you whitey

D-Stress

wack trash south shit
i want the westcoast beatz not this bullshit

W-O-R-D!!!
LOVE YOU FOR THAT COMMENT.

I DONT GET IT WHY THEY (ALL WC RAPPERS) USE THIS BULLSHIT BEATS NOW!!!!!!!!

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
Big Props to Daz & Kurupt!  ;D

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!