Author Topic: Have Gun Will Travel  (Read 755 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Have Gun Will Travel
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2008, 01:11:49 AM »
Ronin Ro got a few key things right - The Warren G shake down, stripping people naked for using the Harry O phone, and just the overall tone of Death Row. However, one thing I thought was funny is how he kept hinting at a homosexual relationship between Danny Boy and Suge. It was fucking unbelievable. Lol.

lol, since you're being ignorant again, maybe you should re-check your topic about Nino Brown's collection ( with the video) to refresh your memory, as i already corrected you about this there  :sleep:

How is that ignorant? I own a copy of the book. I believe I know what I am talking about.

check the topic and then you'll see why.

Link me, and I would call Meech Wells not Dr. Dre at this point.  8)

is there something wrong with your hands?  :loco:

Listen Dre-Day, why don't you just link me to the god damn topic? I am sick of reading your text. It's idiots like you who ruin DubCNN giving people negative karma for no reason. All you Dr. Dre followers are what make this forum suck ass in all honesty. You think you know it all, and you can't accept being wrong. Just accept that I am right and you are wrong. Otherwise, I will go all Christian Crusade mode. I will find your kid and beat it's head against a rock till its skull is in fragments, because I don't want another fucking idiot like you in this world stealing my air. I doubt you have a kid though, because you are probably playing find the sausage with your very close group of friends. I'm not taking anymore time to respond to you, because it would make me just as idiotic as you. Good day little kid, and get off the forum every once in a while. It'll do you some good to get some sunlight.

To Chad:

I like it, because it's basically the only Death Row documentary that goes on the inside. I only have the VHS, it comes with no bonuses.

look i'm not your personal assistant, the search engine works fine.

don't do the crime if you can't do the time  :nawty:

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2008, 01:22:21 AM »
Ronin Ro got a few key things right - The Warren G shake down, stripping people naked for using the Harry O phone, and just the overall tone of Death Row. However, one thing I thought was funny is how he kept hinting at a homosexual relationship between Danny Boy and Suge. It was fucking unbelievable. Lol.

lol, since you're being ignorant again, maybe you should re-check your topic about Nino Brown's collection ( with the video) to refresh your memory, as i already corrected you about this there  :sleep:

How is that ignorant? I own a copy of the book. I believe I know what I am talking about.

check the topic and then you'll see why.

Link me, and I would call Meech Wells not Dr. Dre at this point.  8)

is there something wrong with your hands?  :loco:

Listen Dre-Day, why don't you just link me to the god damn topic? I am sick of reading your text. It's idiots like you who ruin DubCNN giving people negative karma for no reason. All you Dr. Dre followers are what make this forum suck ass in all honesty. You think you know it all, and you can't accept being wrong. Just accept that I am right and you are wrong. Otherwise, I will go all Christian Crusade mode. I will find your kid and beat it's head against a rock till its skull is in fragments, because I don't want another fucking idiot like you in this world stealing my air. I doubt you have a kid though, because you are probably playing find the sausage with your very close group of friends. I'm not taking anymore time to respond to you, because it would make me just as idiotic as you. Good day little kid, and get off the forum every once in a while. It'll do you some good to get some sunlight.

To Chad:

I like it, because it's basically the only Death Row documentary that goes on the inside. I only have the VHS, it comes with no bonuses.

look i'm not your personal assistant, the search engine works fine.

don't do the crime if you can't do the time  :nawty:

No, you aren't my personal assistant. You are my bitch. Now find the shit or shut up before I have you toss my salad. Okay?

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2008, 01:47:14 AM »
Well, I have no doubt Suge has the tendencies to be a bit homosexual. Making someone drink piss isn't exactly straight. Lol. You want my VHS? The Source Awards part works perfectly. Lol. Also regarding Danny Boy, you can tell he believes it. I just don't see it as really plausible. Plus, I don't like Dre-Day. He just likes popping in threads where he's not needed.  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 01:49:01 AM »
No, you aren't my personal assistant. You are my bitch. Now find the shit or shut up before I have you toss my salad. Okay?

Well, I have no doubt Suge has the tendencies to be a bit homosexual. Making someone drink piss isn't exactly straight. Lol. You want my VHS? The Source Awards part works perfectly. Lol. Also regarding Danny Boy, you can tell he believes it. I just don't see it as really plausible. Plus, I don't like Dre-Day. He just likes popping in threads where he's not needed.  8)
:nawty:
Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.    

A "hip" expression of the 1960's-70's that advises you not to do something risky unless you are willing and able to accept the full weight of the consequences.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 01:50:35 AM by Dre-Day »

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2008, 01:51:21 AM »
Also, sorry I never came through with the interview Chad. As soon as I saw the other Chad was doing it, I said fuck it. The people at E World Entertainment are nice people. Gave me his # and all. Ask the other Chad when we are going to see part two, because I am excited. Also, other Chad (DubCNN staff Chad), I don't kid about my interviews. No need to P.M. about that.  :-\

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=toss+my+salad <--- I dedicate that to you Dre-Gay.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2008, 02:25:00 AM »
I've read both Ronin Ro books on DR and Dre and while they're a good read, there are some inconsistencies.

They are definitely not the be-all and end-all of information as far as Death Row is concerned.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2008, 03:07:46 AM »
It's good...if you like fiction.

:P

Haha +1 for you man for telling it like it is.

ehhhh,Ronin is the man for telling it how it REALLY is

...and Harry-O is the man,hope he kills Suge when he gets out of jail.

[/color]

Have you read that Dre biography and Bad Boy? ---> horrible.

This is irresponsible journalism at its best: Ronin just adds his own 2 cents to stories/rumors/hearsay already known to the public to make it more dramatic, more often than not referring to the upteemth anonymous source. And the way he goes about it lol... like he was really there himself.
Sure alot of stuff happened at DR no question about that but if you want to write a book about it you should be objective and not resort to sensationalism and tabloid writing.
His books are journalistic novels; they have high entertainment value but have to be taken with a grain of salt. Reminds me of those dramatized movies that are based on true events: you just know they are bending the truth to make it more appealing.

Michael Harris the man? A drugdealer convicted for attempted murder. Yeah he's the man alright...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 03:25:16 AM by The "Untouchable" DJR »

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2008, 03:13:18 AM »

lol how is the Dr.Dre biography horrible?  ???

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2008, 03:14:25 AM »
Harry O was the man till Suge had his ass fucked up in prison. Lol.  8)

Hey DJR, you notice how Ronin Ro really stuck up for Dr. Dre in Have Gun Will Travel and the Dr. Dre biography. He made Dre to look like a super hero. Lol. Anyone read Ronin Ro's Halloween book? Quite a read. Lol. The Dr. Dre biography is a bit biased in DJR's defense.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2008, 03:16:21 AM »
It's funny, I've read Have Gun, and his peice on Puffy...

While he's a somewhat compelling writer, I doubt some of his assertions he makes in his books...

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2008, 03:24:04 AM »

You say that just because it's about Dre? *takes a look at username* Wait... don't answer that.

Harry O was the man till Suge had his ass fucked up in prison. Lol.  8)

Hey DJR, you notice how Ronin Ro really stuck up for Dr. Dre in Have Gun Will Travel and the Dr. Dre biography. He made Dre to look like a super hero. Lol. Anyone read Ronin Ro's Halloween book? Quite a read. Lol. The Dr. Dre biography is a bit biased in DJR's defense.

Oh no next thing you know he will write about how supernatural forces forced Moustapha Akkad (R.I.P. no disrespect) to make all those Halloween sequels...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2008, 03:24:53 AM »
its a nice book...i really enjoyed reading it..but its obviously ronin added his twist to it

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2008, 03:28:04 AM »

You say that just because it's about Dre? *takes a look at username* Wait... don't answer that.

no i'm merely questioning your statement.

i haven't heard a good argument yet.

don't judge a book by it's cover.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 03:30:33 AM by Dre-Day »

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2008, 03:29:10 AM »

no i'm merely questioning your statement.

i haven't heard a good argument yet.

It was biased incase you haven't read it, by the way when are you going to suck my ass? :P

StevenQBosell

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2008, 03:31:14 AM »

Yeah, that was my problem with Ronin Ro... he makes Dre seem like a "smart and street savvy businessman" yet Puffy was portrayed as a straight villian... That puffy piece was almost a hit piece on him... everything Puff did was either shady, or manipulative....

its a nice book...i really enjoyed reading it..but its obviously ronin added his twist to it

Great take, there may be bits of truuth blended in, along with a lot of speculation...