Poll

What region/country/continent are you from?

Northern California
2 (2.6%)
Southern California
11 (14.1%)
America - East Coast (NY, Jersey, Phili, DC)
7 (9%)
America - Southern region (Texas, Florida, Mississippi, etc)
0 (0%)
America - West Coast, but not California (Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon)
6 (7.7%)
America - Midwest (New Mexico, Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan)
2 (2.6%)
Mexico
0 (0%)
Europe (All countries)
39 (50%)
Australia
4 (5.1%)
Africa
0 (0%)
Asia
0 (0%)
Antarctica
1 (1.3%)
Canada
6 (7.7%)
South America
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Dubcc Geography Poll...Where are you from?  (Read 672 times)

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Dubcc Geography Poll...Where are you from?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 01:36:57 AM »
Holland aka The Netherlands, close to Amsterdam.

I prefer the westcoast style in hip hop over every other style.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 01:48:53 AM »
Belgium, Europe

I got into (West Coast) hip-hop when I started listening to Tupac at the age of 12 (that was back in 1998). That was right around the time when the Internet was getting used more and more, so I started searching for artists who were featured on Pac's albums: Rappin' 4 Tay, Spice 1, etc and from there on out I found out that I enjoyed West Coast hip-hop more than East Coast.

The beats, the keys/synths, the claps, the funk-influence, the overall vibe...that's what I like about West Coast hip-hop.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 02:19:42 AM »
Finland.

This thread has been done though, and it's still up there at the G-Spot, shit's pinned at the top.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=92586.0

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 03:52:56 AM »
I was gonna click Australia but those cat's have some of the wackest Hip Hop out fuck that!!!  :laugh:

New Zealand hard!

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 04:14:01 AM »
Leeds, England

arubiano83

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 04:17:52 AM »
the netherlands

ik grew up listening to all my parents records, they had all kinds of music..from elvis to kool & the gang, from juan luis guerra to public enemy,  from peter tosh to sugar hill
but the chronic & doggystyle made me fall in love with hiphop period 8)

butch4682

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 04:19:07 AM »
I was gonna click Australia but those cat's have some of the wackest Hip Hop out fuck that!!!  :laugh:

New Zealand hard!

yeah true scribe is the hottest rapper around.
us ausssies do have hilltop hoods,bliss n esso.phrase but not much else at the moment

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 05:23:30 AM »
I'm from Finland.

Well Cypress Hill was the first rap artist/group that I started listening to, it was 1998 I guess (when cypress hill IV album came)...but I started to listen to the g-funk sounding west coast rap couple of years later...the year was 2001 (before this I only listened to cypress hill and de la soul)..I didn't know anything about dogg pound or snoop dogg or dr.dre, I had only heard people talking about them...so I was buying some cd's with my friend, and I found death row's greatest hits  ;D...I looked the booklet, and I was like "daamn, snoop dogg, dr.dre, ice cube, 2pac...I have heard about these guys...and they are on the same cd" so I bought that....The classic snoop and dre tracks hit me already after the first listen...after that I bought snoop's "the last meal" and dogg pound's "2002" ...after that I have bought all kinds of west coast rap....

Raphael

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 07:12:23 AM »
im from Sweden

i bought a hip hop classic compilation CD in 2002 i think because of ice cubes opening line in Straight Outta Compton which i saw in the commercial for it and i eventually got hooked on NWA and other west coast acts.

Soopahigh

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2008, 07:46:29 AM »
i was like 12 or 13 when i first heard What's my name. Then i did a little resarch and found out about Deathrow, Dre, The dogg pound, Warren-g, The twinz,E-40 and the click, Too short... and been hooked since then !

Mietek23

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2008, 08:00:46 AM »
I'm from Poland, Poznan to be exact. I started listen to rap in late '96 and my very first cassette was 'Pacs All Eyez On Me that was given to me by one of my homeboys from elementary school... I started to liste and I realised that 'THIS IS THE SHIT 8)!" Then he gave me a Doggystyle cassette and that's how it started... I became a die-hard Tupac/Death Row/West Coast fan till this day...

EFFeX

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 08:01:51 AM »
I live in Rhode Island on the East Coast. 8)

Same here!

oh shit!
you in Lincoln I'm guessing..
Johnston here, not proud of it though (used to live in P-Town). haha

Yeah, I'm in Lincoln now, but lived in Prov till I was 19 or 20, so I still rep Prov since that's where I spent most of my life.

I'm in Johnston 90% of the time though cause that's where my girl lives at.

Suga Foot

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 08:48:34 AM »
Vancouver

I forgot to tell my story lol

I got into west coast hip hop with The Chronic, Doggystlye, and It Takes a Thief.  "What's My Name" was always on the radio at the time too (so it was 93-94).  It was really the first music I actually liked (other than a tape of Bon Jovi's "New Jersey" I had in 1989 lol). 

I couldn't buy the tapes because my parents wouldn't let me ( I was 10 or 11 at the time ), so I had to dub them off people at school.  The Chronic and Doggystlye were my favorites, and that's basically all I had for like a year so I memorized both albums word for word.  Those tapes were like crack at my school, people had to steal them off their older brothers, and we'd be bootlegging them like crazy lol. 

Once I started buying cd's I got Dogg Food, MWTC, and The Click's Game Related.  That was before the internets really took off, so I would just see the video on TV and then buy the album.  I bought Game Related off seeing the "Scandalous" video once.  I had to save my allowance for that one.  I didn't even know who was in Tha Dogg Pound when I bought it lol.  I just remember seeing Dre at an award show announcing that Tha Dogg Pounds album was coming out next.  So I figured I had to buy it lol.  Anything with a Death Row logo on it back then you didn't have to think twice about.

It basically just progressed from there, dozens of LP's, hundreds of CD's, and thousands of .mp3's later, here I am.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2008, 09:14:38 AM »
how the fuck yall gonna leave  NEW ENGLAND off the list?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2008, 09:18:46 AM »
Vancouver

I forgot to tell my story lol

I got into west coast hip hop with The Chronic, Doggystlye, and It Takes a Thief.  "What's My Name" was always on the radio at the time too (so it was 93-94).  It was really the first music I actually liked (other than a tape of Bon Jovi's "New Jersey" I had in 1989 lol). 

I couldn't buy the tapes because my parents wouldn't let me ( I was 10 or 11 at the time ), so I had to dub them off people at school.  The Chronic and Doggystlye were my favorites, and that's basically all I had for like a year so I memorized both albums word for word.  Those tapes were like crack at my school, people had to steal them off their older brothers, and we'd be bootlegging them like crazy lol. 

Once I started buying cd's I got Dogg Food, MWTC, and The Click's Game Related.  That was before the internets really took off, so I would just see the video on TV and then buy the album.  I bought Game Related off seeing the "Scandalous" video once.  I had to save my allowance for that one.  I didn't even know who was in Tha Dogg Pound when I bought it lol.  I just remember seeing Dre at an award show announcing that Tha Dogg Pounds album was coming out next.  So I figured I had to buy it lol.  Anything with a Death Row logo on it back then you didn't have to think twice about.

It basically just progressed from there, dozens of LP's, hundreds of CD's, and thousands of .mp3's later, here I am.

thats a dope summary man

thats true though, anything with the death row logo stood for QUALITY...until Pac died and things snowballed
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens