Author Topic: Why so much hate on Snoop ?  (Read 616 times)

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
Why so much hate on Snoop ?
« on: August 06, 2008, 02:08:21 AM »
To me he's a Hip hop legend with him being part of two records in the top ten greatest hip hop album (doggystyle ,and the chronic). Some of u will think i am a dick ryder but i just show respect to the person who put me in this westcoast rap . At that time nobody had is flow an his style he  was unik. A lot of the young rappers was listen his music.But i see so much hate for 3 reason principaly :

1- He's a fake gansta because he don't go to the hood ,he don't bang .....
But he did have a murder case he did go to jail he did sell drug he was part of the RTC even if it was after he blow of course he s not in the hood he 's fuckin rich and famous and he have a family . When you are in the ghetto the most important thing you want it's going outside of the ghetto?? So i can say that he know what'is talkin about even if he 's not in the ghetto anymore

2-He don't help the westcoast young rapper
But if i remember when he was brought to Dre he brought the whole dpg (kurupt daz nate , rbx..)
Without him no terrace martin , no Dpg , no Nate?  No eastsiedaz doggy's angel , E-White ,soopafly ...
Of course he 's not dre but he try to help some artist lik the dubb union right now and the warzone
He was tryIng to put the lbc crew out  and he put long beach on the map is one of the first to bang this crip shit mainstream He did some mistake (with tray dee and tha eastsidaz) but at least he was trying to give westcoast exposure when everybody was waiting on dre (Game is the only westcoast artist he really put out outside the DPG)

3-He don't sound the same as On the doggystyle period
Ok of course we all want that snoop back but it was 93 and now it's 2008. Music has changed (not for the best) , snoop has change and grow
he did 9 solo album plus a bunch of group record . Of course i prefer quality over quantity but he did some good album outside of doggystyle and the thing is it's an artist and you can't ask a painter to do the same picture all the time . And the thing i like with snoop he can do what the fuck he want ( sing ,rap on indian song) because he has no more thing to prove he is free and it's the best thing for an artist . Of course that doesn't mean you always make great song . And i understand peaople who don't like his music right now but why hate on a hiphop legend who did so much for the westcoast

like i said he did some mistake he's not dre (in picking artist , producing..) but he try so i gave props for his whole career and i know he can surpirse us because his career 's not over

MUCH RESPECT SNOOP KEEP DOING UR THANG AND DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE HATERS!!! IT'S JUST MUSIC PEOPLE!!!

YoungCrookedI

Re: Why so much hate on Snoop ?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 02:24:56 AM »
man u can type a whole roman about this chick,the thing is he is blackballin the west...alot of people say that suge is in way,but snoop is the person who is blockin the newwest artists...so fuck this bitch snoopy.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 02:29:09 AM »
man u can type a whole roman about this chick,the thing is he is blackballin the west...alot of people say that suge is in way,but snoop is the person who is blockin the newwest artists...so fuck this bitch snoopy.
How Do you Know This????
What proof do you have to corroborate your claim??
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 02:33:58 AM »

Blackball the west ??? i got it if the west fell off it's snoop fault lol!

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 02:51:55 AM »
^^alright Chad, not directed at you, but Why do people feel that it's Snoop duty to help the new West????
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Johnny B

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 03:12:33 AM »
as a former Snoop fan, there is one reason...he's a sell-out!

the dude has been a pimp and a cowboy over these last few years and it got me sick to my stomach.

Snoop just isn't who he used to be and never fully exposes all the west's potential (aka Soopafly) to make himself look better than he actually is.

the dude's songs are weird now and I'm never checking out a Snoop record as long as I live.

Lucifuge

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 03:16:11 AM »
Study your own, get your own -- yahmsayin?
Be independent nigga...

ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Chad Vader

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 03:17:57 AM »
Hate? (most) Cats on this site love him;
Ego Trippin is underrated

man u can type a whole roman about this chick,the thing is he is blackballin the west...
alot of people say that suge is in way,but snoop is the person who is blockin the newwest artists...so fuck this bitch snoopy.

How Do you Know This????
What proof do you have to corroborate your claim??

Maybe;?
Crooked I diss snoop in the first verse particulary or it's just my imagination?
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=189195.0
W's Down a snoop diss?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JdPkUcE7R80&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JdPkUcE7R80&amp;hl=en</a>

^^alright Chad, not directed at you, but Why do people feel that it's Snoop duty to help the new West????

I know  ;)... Those words is Crooked´s,not mine  ;).
As for your question,that´s a issue that comes up everytime cats cry about Dre not helping his peers out. (same shit)  :P
Recent example;

Big Hutch aka Cold 187um  (February 2008) | Interview By: Nima
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/bighutch08/

You got people like Dr. Dre, who invest in different people from other markets, not taking anything away from these people,
they're very talented, but he won't invest into the West Coast!
You leave it to where Above The Law gotta get a independent deal, DJ Quik gotta get a independent deal, WC gotta get a independent deal,
when we could be in a major setting, and working up under your umbrella!
And we're all self contained, to where we could pave the way for new artists, it wouldn't even be on him! You feel me?
But if we can't get up in the grand scheme of things, where do we end up at?
We still end up doing what we did in 1989, my man! Still scraping to get in the industry again! You know?

Cause if Dr. Dre, the "King of it all, the big boss",
ain't saying that it's all to the good, it really ain't to the good nowhere else! Unless we create that following on the ground level.
Where that comes from, is us giving the streets, shaking hands, kissing babies,
passing out our CD's, giving it to people, and saying "This is what we're trying to attempt to do.
Create a market out here." Without it we won't have anything.
So if anybody wanna put a negative spin on something, tell the truth first!
Because that's what's going to help you get the solution.
Don't get into "You need to do this, because that's played out", because they're doing the same thing we were doing years ago!
So if what we were doing years ago is played out, then okay, how are we to display what we're trying to do now, if no one wants to support it?
How are you even gonna see if we're doing anything, if no one wants to support it?

The interview thread;
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=169654.0
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 04:03:14 AM by Chad Vader »

Kilo4

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 03:38:42 AM »
there is too much of him out now.

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 03:43:31 AM »
Didn't know people hatin on him. I heard a few niggaz say they don't fuck with his new shit, but never saw no hate. Please this is snoopdubcnn.com you see how long his fuckin west fest promo been on the main page?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Fuck the rest of that shit listen to Saigon

Black Gloves

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 03:54:10 AM »

its because spider locs street team is on this site.

but ego trippin > spders life

snoop is that nigga no matter what. ego trippin one of the best albums of 07

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 03:58:31 AM »

There u go bringing up spi in another topic. Wow you are some type of faggot boy I tell ya.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Black Gloves

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 04:00:40 AM »

There u go bringing up spi in another topic. Wow you are some type of faggot boy I tell ya.

so why did u mention game in the other thread..wow you are some typ of faggot boy i tell ya. :'( :-X ::)

for the 50th time..this dude cant see what hes doin himself

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 04:21:16 AM »

so why did u mention game in the other thread..wow you are some typ of faggot boy i tell ya. :'( :-X ::)

for the 50th time..this dude cant see what hes doin himself

For the 50th your uk ass can't tell the differance. He's the reason foreigners should be barred from listening to hip hop he starts thinking he's one of us. Is a felony for u to put yourself on my level nigga on gettin pussy alone you aint in my lane.

MediumL

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 05:47:24 AM »
i don't hate snoop, i actually like him but his quantity over quality method leaves me disappointed a lot of the time. Snoop appears on so many guest appereances and releases so many projects that:

a) his lyrics are weak a lot of the time
b) the significance of a snoop guest appearance becomes minimal and thus when he appears on a west coast album it doesn't garner much attention.

I strongly disagree with those that say Snoop doesn't do enough for the west coast. Like someone said wasn't it him who helped RBX, Nate and DPG gain contracts on Death Row. Furthermore Snoop regularly uses West coast producers ranging from Rick Rock to Soopafly which is more than can be said for The Game...

Lets have a look at featured guests on TBCT:
Nate Dogg*
B Real*
R Kelly
E-40*
MC Eiht*
Goldie Loc*
Tha Dogg Pound*
Damain Marley
The Game*
Akon
Ice Cube*
Western Union*
Latoiya Williams*
Nine Inch Dix*
Jamie Foxx
Dr Dre*
D'Angelo

So thats 16 artists/groups of which 12 are from the west coast smh. Even his single Life of da Party had west coast rappers on it. Plus Snoop regularly puts out projects supporting the west coast. I know theres some Crooked I stans on here that talk about Snoop stopping others from blowing up but thats bullshit.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>