Author Topic: Will we ever get another true classic?  (Read 557 times)

Though Death Is Callin, I'ma Keep Ballin

• 'G'
Re: Will we ever get another true classic?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008, 05:19:33 PM »
With the way the music industry has changed over the years, I don't think we'll ever get to hear another true classic in negro music. What was the last album that had a big impact on the direction music producers went, that sold like crazy, that everybody loved, that had no fillers and that people still talk about? I think it might have been "2001" from Dr. Dre. It's almost 10 years ago that that album came out.

Nowadays new songs leak out so early and most radio singles are poppy and garbage. I can't forget about the numerous wacky rappers that to be rich, but really signed a slave deal. That already takes everything away from a true classic. I don't think we'll ever get to hear another classic album.
yes we will. paper trail is around the corner homie !!!!!!!!!!!

LOL... the irony

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2008, 05:25:09 PM »
With the way the music industry has changed over the years, I don't think we'll ever get to hear another true classic in negro music. What was the last album that had a big impact on the direction music producers went, that sold like crazy, that everybody loved, that had no fillers and that people still talk about? I think it might have been "2001" from Dr. Dre. It's almost 10 years ago that that album came out.

Nowadays new songs leak out so early and most radio singles are poppy and garbage. I can't forget about the numerous wacky rappers that to be rich, but really signed a slave deal. That already takes everything away from a true classic. I don't think we'll ever get to hear another classic album.

LOL... the irony

LOL! :D

i don't know. give it a couple of years and maybe we'll appericiate modern albums a lot more and concider them true classics. just a thought...

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2008, 05:29:19 PM »

Its already got Whatever You Like on it, so classic goes out of the window.
you know what's so great about that song though ? it blew the fuck up when some of y'all thought it wouldn't. - it's okay though let the nerds hate.....
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 05:30:08 PM »

LOL... the irony
beautiful isn't it ????
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Invincible

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 05:32:49 PM »

you know what's so great about that song though ? it blew the fuck up when some of y'all thought it wouldn't. - it's okay though let the nerds hate.....

it blew up cos its a pop song, not a real hip hop track. In fact he doesn't rap once so it is a pop track. I couldn't give a flying fuck how successful the song was, the track is so shit that already the album aint a classic.

22 Twoz

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 05:35:17 PM »
stop complaining so damn much and live with it really; get with the times. 2008 hasn't been as bad as 2007 or even 2006.

Yeah 07 was bad.

It wasn't great but we did get Finding Forever and UGK out of it. 2 great albums.

True. But 07 was the year when Crank Dat blewwwww the fuck up and Hurricane Chris had his shit and etc.

Buck had a dope album too though.
"Hi Travy"

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 05:57:55 PM »

it blew up cos its a pop song, not a real hip hop track. In fact he doesn't rap once so it is a pop track. I couldn't give a flying fuck how successful the song was, the track is so shit that already the album aint a classic.
that's because ya stupid ass has the choice to buy it or not. it's ya choice if you never copped a t.i. album before i don't think he'll need ya loose change this time around.

at the fire academy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 06:01:39 PM »
i think budden has it in him for a classic.

Invincible

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2008, 06:03:12 PM »

that's because ya stupid ass has the choice to buy it or not. it's ya choice if you never copped a t.i. album before i don't think he'll need ya loose change this time around.

Do you not understand, why should we have to pay for a half assed track when we most likely will want the rest. Everytime the song comes on, I'm gonna have to skip it. i don't want that, i want an album full of great tracks, not 1 dud spoilin it.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2008, 06:16:30 PM »

Do you not understand, why should we have to pay for a half assed track when we most likely will want the rest. Everytime the song comes on, I'm gonna have to skip it. i don't want that, i want an album full of great tracks, not 1 dud spoilin it.
it's not a dud dummy. just a track that you may not like. just because the song don't sound like some gangstarr shit doesn't mean it's not hip hop fuck face. biggie sung on his second album isn't he still hip hop ????

Invincible

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2008, 06:27:02 PM »

it's not a dud dummy. just a track that you may not like. just because the song don't sound like some gangstarr shit doesn't mean it's not hip hop fuck face. biggie sung on his second album isn't he still hip hop ????

I don't recall that. That song is not hip hop. And whats with you having to insert a name into yur replies? I aint called you shit, yet i have a stupid ass and I'm a fuck face. I just don't understand why you stick up for this song, there is nothing wrong with disliking one of your favourite artists tracks.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2008, 06:36:52 PM »

I don't recall that. That song is not hip hop. And whats with you having to insert a name into yur replies? I aint called you shit, yet i have a stupid ass and I'm a fuck face. I just don't understand why you stick up for this song, there is nothing wrong with disliking one of your favourite artists tracks.
go listen to life after death 'playa hater' and 'another'. i happen to like the song and i don't think it's bad as people are making it out to be. you'll have to excuse the name callin'. and the thing is this tip's sixth album not his first, second, or third. he should be applauded for going left field instead of being critisized. if he hadda came wit some more dope boy shit people would be sayin' he hasn't grown as an artist....damned if you do damned if you don't.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2008, 06:37:13 PM »
LupEnd? If he only puts 10-11 tracks like he said he would... no filler.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2008, 01:54:30 AM »

yes, Detox

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2008, 02:16:43 AM »
Cam is dropping a album in November so yeah we will have another true classic soon

DIP DIP SET SET