Author Topic: Is The Era Of The Super Producer Over?  (Read 772 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Is The Era Of The Super Producer Over?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2008, 12:22:10 AM »
Premo's a super producer, the other cat's are all dope, but are yet to break super producer standards I reckon

Premo was a super producer, when everyone's street hit had to have Premo's scratching. But now Premo is doing his thing on the low and not on that level.

Timbo, Kanye, Will.I.Am., those are more today's super-producer.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2008, 04:44:24 PM »
Premo's a super producer, the other cat's are all dope, but are yet to break super producer standards I reckon

Premo was a super producer, when everyone's street hit had to have Premo's scratching. But now Premo is doing his thing on the low and not on that level.

Yeah I'll give ya that, Timbo and Kanye got the game on lock. Cool and Dre and DJ Toomp doing it pretty big aswell

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2008, 07:00:53 PM »

Yeah I'll give ya that, Timbo and Kanye got the game on lock. Cool and Dre and DJ Toomp doing it pretty big aswell

yeah... the list is a little bit longer, but Timbo and Kanye are the two that comes to mind first. Cool and Dre is doing it real big.

One thing that's weird is Swizz Beats not on any list anymore. Some others are not on that level anymore, but their impact on the game is still huge.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2008, 07:14:39 PM »
YES, IF U NOTICE ALL THE HOT BEATS NOW ARE COMING FROM THE INTERNET PRODUCERS.

Matty

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2008, 07:15:58 PM »
danja is todays premier super-producer.

ABN

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »
it´s just too bad for him that Timbo got most of the credit for the style he created. and that style has already been played out on Justin,Nelly and Timbo´s albums.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2008, 12:23:36 AM »

Fuck that, that nikka can't do street beats..  He can do club songs, and love songs..  2 typa styles...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2008, 12:25:33 AM »
statik selektah, black milk, jake one, premo, pete rock, 9th wonder

just to name a few are still making heavey beats, so no i think the era of the super producer is not over.
lol at you mentioning a bunch of producers that´s not even close to super producer status(Premo included).

listen i bet you couldnt even name 3 songs from each of the procucers i named. Which makes your opinion absolutley meaningless.
if you think you know more about those producers then i do then you must not have a clue.

I'm saying though!  You can find no-names on the internet that are making beats like this and they are just as good!

Now, if u get into who created a particular brand of style that the new cats are perfecting..  U can name about 5 pioneers then u gotta stop!

To me a super producer can do every typa style.  Timbo, Dre West coast, NY Sample, bouncy South Lil Jon...  AND be good at all of them.

Kanye is a close one, he seemed to have accomplished many styles, even tho he's a huge sampler..

Matty

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2008, 02:45:58 PM »
i would say danja's style is far from played out. he's far more experimental with his sound (largely due to the electronic influence) than most other 'super producers' and for that reason will continue to innovate instead of staying in the same place. i'd also argue he can make street joints just as good as the next man, a few examples being a couple of tracks with bishop lamont (donkey kong savage was great), that fat joe track and there's a cool beat on the new D.O.E mixtape too.

if you look past the fact that he doesn't put out as many hip-hop joints compared to other mentioned producers (a lot of which work exclusively within hip-hop) he is still extremely versatile and better than the rest right now. super producer = hit records worldwide and versatility, not just producing rap records, however skillful...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2008, 10:03:06 PM »

just to name a few are still making heavey beats, so no i think the era of the super producer is not over.
lol at you mentioning a bunch of producers that´s not even close to super producer status(Premo included).

listen i bet you couldnt even name 3 songs from each of the procucers i named. Which makes your opinion absolutley meaningless.
if you think you know more about those producers then i do then you must not have a clue.

I'm saying though!  You can find no-names on the internet that are making beats like this and they are just as good!

Now, if u get into who created a particular brand of style that the new cats are perfecting..  U can name about 5 pioneers then u gotta stop!

To me a super producer can do every typa style.  Timbo, Dre West coast, NY Sample, bouncy South Lil Jon...  AND be good at all of them.

Kanye is a close one, he seemed to have accomplished many styles, even tho he's a huge sampler..

Hip-Hop=sampling

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2008, 11:25:55 PM »

Hip-Hop=sampling

can timbo produce street/gangsta shit?? theres no tracks that come to mind ::)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2008, 02:03:13 AM »

Hip-Hop=sampling

No shit Sherlock?  I meant he samples alot, more than others..  If u don't see that in his beats, u don't know Hip-Hop...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2008, 02:06:35 AM »

Hip-Hop=sampling

can timbo produce street/gangsta shit?? theres no tracks that come to mind ::)

He has a few scattered over his career, but their sound isn't really what appeals to me when I feel like flashing and being wreckless..  I wasn't saying those are super producers, I was saying those are some typa styles that u need to master..  Those would be the pioneers of each style..

Matty

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2008, 10:49:11 AM »
i don't see why you'd have to master any existing 'styles' apart from doing your own sound, whatever the influences may be. especially producers in the 'super producer' category should be bringing their own sound to the table. that's exactly why you could accuse timbaland of not producing 'gangsta' or 'street' tracks, cause he definitely has, just not in a familiar style.

to argue who is the best hip-hop producer is a different argument. the most street or gangsta doesn't = the best nor is it compulsory to produce anything in an already established style.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2008, 10:50:33 AM »
i don't care who's hot; it's the quality that counts for me.