Author Topic: Who are you favorite sport teams and why ?  (Read 954 times)

herpes

Re: Who are you favorite sport teams and why ?
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 08:49:19 PM »

Miami Dolphins - Followed my dad on this one, he was  Jets fan but when they moved to Jersey he said fuck em.
So is your dad a Buffalo fan now?  The Jets are still nearby, people still are Giants fans when they started playing in Jersey.  There's probably not enuff room to put a new football stadium in the NY area.  Let alone 2 football stadiums.  And new stadiums costs too much.  Do new yorkers in the 5 boroughs area consider that part NY or just Buffalo?  Referring to the state of NY, like Buffalo, Rochester, that part.

My dad became a Phins fan b/c at the time that was the Jets biggest rival.  And a few years ago Mayor Bloomberg pushed hard to build a stadium in lower Manhattan for the Jets but it didn't work out.  Some politicians were trying to push for the Jets to build a stadium in the Willets point section of Queens but Bloomberg and the Jets both said its either Lower Manhattan or we'll stay in Jersey.  And I don't know anyone that really considers Buffalo or any part of upstate NY to be NY.  Sure its the same state but when people think NY they think NYC.  It might as well be a different state.  Hell most people consider Northern Jersey to be more a part of NY.

herpes

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 08:50:08 PM »

Where's Hack Wilson? I can't wait to see how this nigga explains being a fan of every New York team except the Knicks (lol @ his man crush on the Celtics).

you KNEW he wouldn't reply in this thread...

I actually made a post a month ago asking him why his favorite teams were NY teams and he replied and said it had to do with his dad.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 09:12:29 PM »
Ducks    -        my brother got me into hockey about 4-5 years ago, the Ducks were his team, he didn't like the Kings for some reason
                      I just followed with him for fun and watching the games was exciting, especially the year they won the Stanley Cup
                      I don't watch a ton of games but I definitely check out the playoffs since that's when real hockey is played
Here are some reasons not 2 like the Jesters.  They don't care about winning.  Their organization is the worst in all of sports.  Yes, even worse than the Raiders.  They're the Etroit Lions in purple.  Even before the salary cap, they're excuse for being cheap is that the Rangers have the highest payroll & they don't make the playoffs.  And Anschutz is a billionaire.  Spend like the Avalanche & Red Wings.  And the Kings fans booed Gretzky cause he wanted to win for L.A. & the front office didn't.  So Gretzky left.  And they acted like the world's greatest fans for booing him & acted like the Kings were the greatest franchise in sports cause they once beat the gretzky oilers in the early 80's.  UH did they win the Stanley Cup that year??? Nope so it didn't matter. 
   And they keep raising ticket prices even though they're not committed to winning.  I mostly feel that the fans should boycott the games instead of wasting their $$$ & complaining about the front office not trying, but sometimes I feel that the fans got what they deserved for booing Gretzky.  This is their punishment :) ;D  Besides a lot of them never cared about the Kings until they traded for Gretzky.  Only time they mattered.